Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
thebeacondeacon

Technical Reliability of Race Books

Does anyone have some recommendations as to the most technically reliable and efficient offshore race books?

I love the bonuses and rebates at my main squeeze, 5 Dimes, but all too frequently, they drop off line when I have a bet to make, like just before post time, or they time out between races, and I have to repeatedly log in and they somehow loose track of my login credentials.

I would like to find a more stable race book (no pun intended), that does not present technical issues like these.

Thanks,

thebeacondeacon
thebeacondeacon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
ubercapper

I don't have a recommendation but in case you did not know, most race books do not commingle wagers with U.S. pools and therefore don't provide a single penny to the industry nor support racing in any way.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
thebeacondeacon

ubercapper,

Thanks for your reply.

I like it best, when I can go a race track that is within driving distance, or my local OTB. However, I travel abroad quite a bit, and to paraphrase that great Xpressbet commercial, without a solid offshore race book, life can get in the way of a good bet.

Good luck to you.

thebeacondeacon

Last edited by thebeacondeacon; 06-12-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #4
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeacondeacon View Post
ubercapper,

Thanks for your reply.

I like it best, when I can go a race track that is within driving distance, or my local OTB. However, I travel abroad quite a bit, and to paraphrase that great Xpressbet commercial, without a solid offshore race book, life can get in the way of a good bet.

Good luck to you.

thebeacondeacon
Do you live in a state that prevents you from playing with an ADW that co-mingles?

Otherwise, perhaps give one of them a try.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
thaskalos

Since you travel abroad so frequently...perhaps you can convince an offshore friend to open a Pinnaclesports account for you, in his name.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #6
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Since you travel abroad so frequently...perhaps you can convince an offshore friend to open a Pinnaclesports account for you, in his name.
I’m pretty sure Pinnacle has not taken any horse bets for over a decade now. The only thing they’ll offer is some props and match races on the big events.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeacondeacon View Post
Does anyone have some recommendations as to the most technically reliable and efficient offshore race books?

I love the bonuses and rebates at my main squeeze, 5 Dimes, but all too frequently, they drop off line when I have a bet to make, like just before post time, or they time out between races, and I have to repeatedly log in and they somehow loose track of my login credentials.

I would like to find a more stable race book (no pun intended), that does not present technical issues like these.

Thanks,

thebeacondeacon
bookmaker and bovada have both been in business for a long time
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #8
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
I don't have a recommendation but in case you did not know, most race books do not commingle wagers with U.S. pools and therefore don't provide a single penny to the industry nor support racing in any way.
I suspect they do put money in pools piggybacking some accounts.

Do these countries you visit block internet access to Xpressbet, Twinspires, other ADWs?

Most racebooks have max pay-offs...
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #9
WP1981

I have been using Bovada more and more since the server issues at 5dimes keep happening. 5dimes also takes about a week to cashout via bitcoin, etc. Bovada cashes within a few hours and offers deposit bonuses, rebate on total action (3% wps, 8% exotic), a 9% bonus on losses and a really good rewards program that earns you cash at the same time.

My one and only issue with them is the software. 5dimes has the easy pending wager screen that you can screenshot, with Bovada it is a nicer set up but impossible to see all the wagers on one screen.
WP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I suspect they do put money in pools piggybacking some accounts.

Do these countries you visit block internet access to Xpressbet, Twinspires, other ADWs?

Most racebooks have max pay-offs...

By piggybacking, do you mean off loading some action to reduce exposure?
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
By piggybacking, do you mean off loading some action to reduce exposure?
He means that the offshore betting outfits might be flagging their profitable customers and piggybacking on their selections...in order to "reduce exposure"...or even to secure a little added profit for themselves.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
He means that the offshore betting outfits might be flagging their profitable customers and piggybacking on their selections...in order to "reduce exposure"...or even to secure a little added profit for themselves.

It is "laying off bets," as has been practiced for decades. In this case it is "selective" layoffs.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post

It is "laying off bets," as has been practiced for decades. In this case it is "selective" layoffs.
Doesn't have to be off shore either for piggy backing. Hopefully it doesn't happen but any guy with database access for an ADW could do it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #14
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Doesn't have to be off shore either for piggy backing. Hopefully it doesn't happen but any guy with database access for an ADW could do it.

This is true, but would be very bad for biz if it was discovered. And a smart player would figure it out eventually, unless it was for very small money.

I'll bet 99% of the 'layoff' is book balancing.

Also probably accounts for a lot of the last flash bs , though I've never seen anyone mention it.

Until now.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 02:46 AM   #15
thebeacondeacon

My thanks to everyone who replied.

All the best,
thebeacondeacon

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: