Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-01-2022, 03:50 PM   #16
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Inner Dirt...Churchill Downs is for all intents and purposes surrounded by bad areas now. It didn't used to be that way before.

No Louisville for me. Lexington is closing in...FAST. The stories are out there. Lexington set a record for Homicides last year...and are on a pace to shatter that record this year. In a City with a Population of just over 300,000...as of yesterday they have had 661 Car Thefts. It has become a Liberal Utopia.
Same old story in all these cities because of the ten year all out assault on Police officers.

Cops don’t care anymore. Biding their time to retirement. If I was still in a police car I’d rarely get out of the car
Old 09-01-2022, 03:58 PM   #17
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

But in Keeneland's defense, it's not in a dangerous neighborhood where any visitor should be afraid. In fact, it's not in any neighborhood at all. As to Lexington in general, I yield to Mr Elkchester.

I always enjoy my visits to that area. Like anywhere else, you keep your head on a swivel.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 04:28 PM   #18
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Same old story in all these cities because of the ten year all out assault on Police officers.

Cops don’t care anymore. Biding their time to retirement. If I was still in a police car I’d rarely get out of the car

Cops aren't safe in their cars either. Last month, an RPD officer who lived in my town was ambushed and murdered sitting in his car outside a house in the city as part of a murder investigation. There is a lot of anger, especially in my town about this.

The creep has no known ties to the area, gets out of a max security prison in May and comes here from Massachusetts to murder one cop and attempt another.

Now his f'ing family is complaining because they don't think he's getting enough food. And of course he didn't do it, they got the wrong guy.

From his f'ing girlfriend:
Quote:
“I just thought he was going to visit you know, because people from Boston we all go out there for Times Square and stuff like that to see New York so that’s why I assumed he was out there for.”
I was just reading this and got all spun up again.

https://www.whec.com/top-news/news10...il-conditions/
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 07:29 PM   #19
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
She went on to be elected to the Texas legislature and helped push thru concealed carry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_shooting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-39800799aa18/

yes this was her, heard her story on the radio driving and her story was heartbreaking
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 01:04 AM   #20
davew

Quote:

Yes those MEGA Rs keep voting against more funding for the police. They are even talking about disbanding the FBI
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 03:48 PM   #21
Elkchester Road

Quote:

And I would understand.

The Fish rots from the Head.
Old 09-02-2022, 03:51 PM   #22
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
But in Keeneland's defense, it's not in a dangerous neighborhood where any visitor should be afraid. In fact, it's not in any neighborhood at all. As to Lexington in general, I yield to Mr Elkchester.

I always enjoy my visits to that area. Like anywhere else, you keep your head on a swivel.
Absolutely correct, rastajenk. I spent my first 11 years on a Horse Farm on...Elkchester Road...about a mile and a half from the Back Entrance to Keeneland on Rice Road. Admittedly biased...Keeneland is a Treasure. Lexington used to be.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:00 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Inner Dirt...Churchill Downs is for all intents and purposes surrounded by bad areas now. It didn't used to be that way before.

No Louisville for me. Lexington is closing in...FAST. The stories are out there. Lexington set a record for Homicides last year...and are on a pace to shatter that record this year. In a City with a Population of just over 300,000...as of yesterday they have had 661 Car Thefts. It has become a Liberal Utopia.

That was 1999 we went to the Derby, so plenty of time for it all to go bad.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 04:11 PM   #24
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
That was 1999 we went to the Derby, so plenty of time for it all to go bad.
That timeline is amazingly accurate.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:13 PM   #25
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Absolutely correct, rastajenk. I spent my first 11 years on a Horse Farm on...Elkchester Road...about a mile and a half from the Back Entrance to Keeneland on Rice Road. Admittedly biased...Keeneland is a Treasure. Lexington used to be.

Is Keenland an artificial dirt track? Those things clean me out quickly.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 05:14 PM   #26
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Is Keenland an artificial dirt track? Those things clean me out quickly.
Used to be...Polytrack. It was replaced with Natural Dirt for their first Breeder's Cup in 2015.