Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
FakeNameChanged

Handicap Race 3-Del -9/6 MC-12500

Race 3-Del-1M70Y-Turf-9/6/18-MC12500

Con Em 20/1ML

Stamped 4/1 ML-contender, last 3 rcs at MC25 & 40K- Lrl on turf look good enough to get it done here.
Channical 8/1 ML-LR on dirt at 7500 looks like a w/o. Prev. 2 at MC16K puts it in the hunt,

Mr. Obvious 20/1ML-Not so obvious to me. Did show a Turn/Move on both last 2 races, plus a stretch move in last,

Geronimo’s Spirit 20/1 ML-Nothing

Arbitrage 12/1 ML dropping from straight Maiden,. Rode with track pony in only start.

Nile Kingdom 15/1 ML ran 3rd at 5.5f on dirt in only start

Recliner 15/1 ML-0/17 had both a T/M and Str/Move in last. Fin, a good 4th at Mc16k on turf last, after shuffling back at start. More improv gets a piece.

Brushed by Fire 5/1ML-Top Jock-Cedeno-MC16k turf races makes him a contender for win. Also had a turn/move in last race on dirt(off turf).

Kamehameha 30/1 ML Class drop-last good race in April at Lrl-at MC40K.

Indigo Heart 10/1 ML-1/21 record! Won marathon at MID where no betting was alwd-drop in class, Looks to want to run 2+ miles?
Cherry Island 6/1 ML only 5 races, ITM ⅘. Last 2 on dirt, fin. Behind twice on turf & beat him back in June-Contender,
Meldon-AE-10/1 ML-No
Cannavero-scratched

(edit) left 3 out of mix.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 09-06-2018 at 11:32 AM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #2
FakeNameChanged

Mr Obvious @20/1 is my LS play in this field along with . hopefully tote will reveal more.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
castaway01

Wow, brutal field.

The 2 looks best on paper and should be the favorite, but between the 0 for 9 and the fact I don't love deep closers at Delaware, I'd pass.

For longshots, the 7 comes from a strong barn and hasn't tried turf yet. Also isn't a chronic loser like most of these (only 0 for 1 career). At 15-1 ML, could be worth a small wager.

The 11 showed some signs of life at Monmouth and I generally like the Monmouth to Delaware move. Don't love the wide post and the 12 (who is probably better on paper) has similar issue to deal with.
castaway01 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
Immortal6

Win contenders

should be the prohibitive favorite, race two back would crush this field. Hard to bet at what will likely be 2-1 or less.

love the name. Also love the drop in class. Has enough "tactical speed" to be right on the pace and hopefully hold on to win. 30-1 makes it a no brainer to throw a couple dollars on.

distance should be no issue here, but the recent form is troubling. Like the trainer switch and move from Monmouth as another poster alluded too. 10-1 is a little to rich for my tastes.

really hasn't done anything wrong in his 3 turf starts. But the post certainly hurts here.

Small win bet on
Exacta box the above 4.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
Immortal6

Order of finish

$2 exacta $430
.50 tri $479

I only played the $1 ex box but still can't complain
Old 09-06-2018, 02:31 PM   #6
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Win contenders

should be the prohibitive favorite, race two back would crush this field. Hard to bet at what will likely be 2-1 or less.

love the name. Also love the drop in class. Has enough "tactical speed" to be right on the pace and hopefully hold on to win. 30-1 makes it a no brainer to throw a couple dollars on.

distance should be no issue here, but the recent form is troubling. Like the trainer switch and move from Monmouth as another poster alluded too. 10-1 is a little to rich for my tastes.

really hasn't done anything wrong in his 3 turf starts. But the post certainly hurts here.

Small win bet on
Exacta box the above 4.
Exacta $430.80 for $2, great job!

Now while I couldn't bring myself to actually predict a winner, the four horses I mentioned did finish as the top 4 and the super paid $1265 for a dime. For that disaster of a race, that's not bad.
castaway01 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post

Now while I couldn't bring myself to actually predict a winner, the four horses I mentioned did finish as the top 4 and the super paid $1265 for a dime. For that disaster of a race, that's not bad.
You could have turned a toothpick into a LUMBER yard! ALL the races should be such "disasters".
Old 09-06-2018, 02:42 PM   #8
Immortal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post

Thanks and good work yourself. Sometimes these races where it looks like no one wants to win are some of the most fun to handicap and also the most profitable.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #9
Maximillion

Excellent one Castaway and Immortal.

Not wanting to start a new thread,but another at the same track I think could bring a price as their are a lot of ways to go..with no clear-cut favorite.

Im looking at the 4 Cuckoo for Cocunuts in the 8th race....to me this looks an improving filly.The improvement did kinda coincide with the shortening up in distances,and if thats the case and she really wants shorter then Im wrong here.....but get the feeling this one is just better now.
I dont think I have cashed a ticket here at Delaware this year so you may want to toss this one completely.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #10
FakeNameChanged

Great Job Guys! Here I thought this Mdn Claimer on turf with a big field would be a tough one for the PA guys to crack. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts pre-race.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:04 PM   #11
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion View Post
Excellent one Castaway and Immortal.

Not wanting to start a new thread,but another at the same track I think could bring a price as their are a lot of ways to go..with no clear-cut favorite.

Im looking at the 4 Cuckoo for Cocunuts in the 8th race....to me this looks an improving filly.The improvement did kinda coincide with the shortening up in distances,and if thats the case and she really wants shorter then Im wrong here.....but get the feeling this one is just better now.
I dont think I have cashed a ticket here at Delaware this year so you may want to toss this one completely.
Just missed at 6-1. Good second .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: