Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
My fake Id business is about to explode! Love Trump! Thank you Cavanaugh!

I hope they rule next that everybody needs two ID's! Ka-Ching!
When live gives you lemons......
Old 10-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #17
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I've got a guy right now who has lived in a hotel for about 4 years applying for a mortgage. His DL has the actual Hotel Address and Room Number on it.

No bullshit.
I’ve got a few employees that do that. Lots of new franchise hotels popping up in the area. They would rather live in the hotel than rent an apartment. The hotels are newer and they would rather

One is a couple who paid about a grand a month total for a one bedroom apt. They can live in the hotel for $850 a month, with free WiFi-cable tv-no utilities-and housekeeping every day. Free breakfast every morning too.

They tell me they are saving about $500 a month over the apartment. The hotel is closer to work too.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #18
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I’ve got a few employees that do that. Lots of new franchise hotels popping up in the area. They would rather live in the hotel than rent an apartment. The hotels are newer and they would rather

One is a couple who paid about a grand a month total for a one bedroom apt. They can live in the hotel for $850 a month, with free WiFi-cable tv-no utilities-and housekeeping every day. Free breakfast every morning too.

They tell me they are saving about $500 a month over the apartment. The hotel is closer to work too.
I hope they joined the hotel's loyalty program.They can get a lot of free nights.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #19
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

31 free mints a month.
Good deal!
Old 10-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #20
chadk66

we've had this law for quite a few years now. don't recall seeing one single complaint. it's worked very well.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #21
Mr.XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
My fake Id business is about to explode! Love Trump! Thank you Cavanaugh!

I hope they rule next that everybody needs two ID's! Ka-Ching!
Decades ago I moved to California, right when they started with all the anti-laundering efforts.
Banks there were requiring two picture IDs to open account. They wouldn't accept my CA DL plus other backup docs, so I went back to DMV and also obtained the non-driver State ID. Back to the same banks with both in hand, and no problem(strange, didn't ask for SSN card).
I also got pulled over a lot-- between speeding and the strict crosswalk enforcement that someone from NYC would have trouble comprehending.
Every single time cops would give me grief: "why did you get both, what are you trying to pull, I wasn't asked for two ID's to open a bank account".

I also remember buying appliances and trying to pay in cash, and many folk would get suspicious. "Don't you have a check you can give me instead?"
I would often tell them that if I tried to pay by check in NY for such a large amount, the baseball bat would likely come out from behind the counter.
Doctors offices would be another trip(even in NY too). Nobody used to ask for payment(or even personal info) upfront, not even after. Go in, get treated, then go to receptionist and provide address to send the bill to. Receptionists would look at me funny when pulling out cash."Don't worry, wait for the bill. And you don't have to pay it all in full either, you can split it up in payments."
Mr.XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #22
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I'm not really an American citizen, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Did they check your ID when you checked in or just take your cash??
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Cash talks.
It is the universal ID.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I hope 45 states copy this law immediately

Sometimes demanding an ID is an example of “rote” training or a perfunctory performance of assigned duties.

I recently opted to see a Doctor that is not in my health plan. My wife had previously seen the same Doctor about 6 months ago, and we had insurance that covered the Doctor (I recently changed health plans) and the wife’s blood work was billed at 753 bucks. Lots of extra tests etc. co pay was 77 bucks for the wife.

6 months later I see the Doc w no insurance, They did blood work that was the same. I mention to the Doctor that I was biting the bullet and paying cash. She says “oh, the cash price is much less”

I check out and it’s 179 bucks. I ask why it’s so much cheaper? They tell me I’m paying the actual price, for not having to go through insurance paperwork etc.

I start to pay with cash and the gal working behind the counter asks if I could use a credit card because they don’t take cash. Another girl steps in and says “we can take it” and offers to show the girl how to take cash. After two minutes of on the fly training she takes the cash and asks me for an ID. For a cash transaction.

I just laughed and showed her my ID.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Cash talks.
It is the universal ID.
Not for much longer. The entire world is moving slowly and relentlessly toward all cashless transactions.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

In Virginia you have to produce I.D. to vote and they stare you up and down while you spell your name and recite your address while holding your I.D. I think anyone trying to vote illegally would take of running if they tried it here.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #27
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #28
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Decades ago I moved to California, right when they started with all the anti-laundering efforts.
Banks there were requiring two picture IDs to open account. "
The explicit right to vote is not in the constitution. To vote in the colonies you were required to own land. in Virginia you had to own a minimum amount of land to.

Of course people should have an ID to vote. If I was the boss , to vote you would need to bring your tax returns. If you don't pay taxes I'm iffy about giving you a vote.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #29
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

I can spell Studio 6.

Getting back to voting rights, somebody has to prove something.

Seems fair to me.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #30
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Big deal. All voters should be expected to take responsibility for their voting identification info. If something isn't right, they should be barred from voting until it's fixed.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: