Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #181
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
If they get fired, they are no longer part of any investigation.
That's what FIRED means. The should have NO access to work-related materials or resources. FIRED means you screwed up - you aren't trusted to do your job. you hit the road, Jack, then make up shit and sell it to the first dimwit special prosecutor you find and he runs with it.

And of course, it eventually gets validated by you!
In some cases they become the investigated because they broke laws.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #182
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
If they get fired, they are no longer part of any investigation.
That's what FIRED means. The should have NO access to work-related materials or resources. FIRED means you screwed up - you aren't trusted to do your job. you hit the road, Jack, then make up shit and sell it to the first dimwit special prosecutor you find and he runs with it.

And of course, it eventually gets validated by you!
Liberals, ultra liberals, and commies all try to rewrite stupid.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 04:32 PM   #183
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Strike Three, you're done Sport.....Next.

Congrats on your posting skills as they now match this----->Rep Power: 0

Well done cutting and pasting your third and final attempt!!….Now go get your shine-box, Sonny...
The fact that you have 11 Rep power points and Burls and I have Zero only proves the worthlessness of rep power.

Actually, I have negative 138 points which, considering where those points come from, makes me very proud.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:34 PM   #184
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The fact that you have 11 Rep power points and Burls and I have Zero only proves the worthlessness of rep power.

Actually, I have negative 138 points which, considering where those points come from, makes me very proud.
Or. . . . could it be that your both strongly disliked?

Proof positive to the point made in post # 182

Last edited by fast4522; 08-18-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #185
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I've done this... several times.

You're ignoring it.

Another example... CIA chief is a political position. Presidents routinely promise it during their election campaigns to a supporter. CIA operations though don't just start/stop because an election happened... well at least God I hope not...

The newly confirmed guy will probably want to speak to his predecessor to be brought up to speed on ongoing, planned, and changed operations.

At least they should.

There is really nothing sinister to this at all... people in our intelligence community should be able to seek the advice of people that held their posts prior... but... its Trump's world now and the politicization of our intelligence community is another victim.
Look, you said that he’s currently consulting, yet have given me zero evidence that he’s currently consulting with a soul.

And you really think Trymp is going to consult with this guy? No one in their right mind would consult with anyone who is openly hostile to them.

His job is over. That means his security clearance should be over as well. Not just his, but everyone who holds a clearance who isn’t currently working with the present administration. If a time comes in the future that the admin wants to consult with someone who doesn’t have clearance, then they get the clearance at that time.

Easy stuff here, and it matters not who is the administration, Repub or Dem. No security clearance unless you are currently need it due to working for the gov.

Last edited by Fager Fan; 08-18-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 06:32 PM   #186
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Many observers noted that going after Brennan and others — specifically because they were involved with the Russia investigation, as Trump told the Wall Street Journal— could be part of a broader obstruction of justice case that special counsel Robert Mueller appears to be pursuing.

Here are the witnesses Trump is trying to keep quiet.

John Brennan – 25 years in the CIA. Director of the Terrorist Threat Integration Center, 2003-2004. Director of Central Intelligence, 2013-2017.

James Clapper – 32 years in the Air Force, retired as a three-star general with three Legions of Merit, two Bronze Stars, and two Air Medals. Flew 73 combat support missions over Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, 1991-1995. Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, 2007-2010. Director of National Intelligence, 2010-2017.
SPONSORED

Michael Hayden – 41 years in the Air Force, retired as a four-star general with three Defense Distinguished Service Medals, two Defense Superior Service Medals, one Legion of Merit, and one Bronze Star. Director National Security Agency, 1999-2005. Deputy Director National Intelligence, 2005-2006. Director of Central Intelligence Agency, 2006-2009.
READ MORE: Did left-wing Hillary hate put Trump in the White House? A toxic question with bad answers
Susan Rice – Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, 1997-2001. United States Ambassador to the United Nations, 2009-2013. White House National Security Adviser, 2013-2017.

James Comey – United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, 2002-2003. Deputy Attorney General, 2003-2005. Director Federal Bureau of Investigation, 2013-2017.

Sally Yates – United States Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, 2010-2015. Deputy Attorney General, 2015-2017. Acting Attorney General, 2017.

Andrew McCabe – 22 years in the FBI. Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, 2016-2018. Acting Director FBI, 2017.

Peter Strzok – 22 years in the FBI. Deputy Assistant Director, Counterintelligence Division. Section Chief, Counterespionage Section.

Lisa Page – FBI attorney serving under FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and FBI Director James Comey.

Bruce G. Ohr – Former Associate Deputy Attorney General. Former Director Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force.

What is Trump afraid of?
More stupidity. Exactly HOW is he keeping them quiet? He’s taking away their ability to see/discuss classified information. They can TALK all they want, just not release classified info regardless of if they have a clearance or not.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #187
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Nixon bought early retirement. So will Donald. The Mueller investigation was launched after Comey was fired.
Hint: Corrupt intent of obstruction of justice.

Obstruction of Justice
https://www.history.com/topics/obstruction-of-justice

Obstruction of justice is a criminal charge that is used to bring down politicians and other public officials—elected or appointed—who have knowingly attempted to disrupt criminal proceedings or otherwise interfere with the workings of the criminal justice system. Obstruction statutes were put in place to punish politicians and other powerful public officials who lie or attempt to “cheat the system,” and to prevent those transgressions from occurring. And, for the most part, they work, too.

Typically, those guilty of obstruction perform these criminal acts with the intent of influencing, delaying or preventing a criminal investigation (involving themselves or a close associate) or of influencing, delaying or preventing court testimony or the presentation of evidence in a legal proceeding.
Do you ever live in the real world or do you have unicorns running through your house?
Old 08-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #188
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
More stupidity. Exactly HOW is he keeping them quiet? He’s taking away their ability to see/discuss classified information. They can TALK all they want, just not release classified info regardless of if they have a clearance or not.
You are not paying attention.

Many observers noted that going after Brennan and others — specifically because they were involved with the Russia investigation, as Trump told the Wall Street Journal— could be part of a broader obstruction of justice case that special counsel Robert Mueller appears to be pursuing.

As I have said many times. A major factor in obstruction of justice is CORRUPT ATTEMPT. The special council instigation was launched after Comey was fired. Yes, Trump can fire and withhold security clearances all he wants, but the specific circumstances of these actions might be designed to obstruct criminal investigations. Then it is defined as corrupt. Once again
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
All depends upon whether they are part of an investigation following a possible CORRUPT ATTEMPT to obstruct justice.
Elements of an Obstruction of Justice Charge
https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/20...ce-charge.html
Quote:
“If Trump exercises his power — even his lawful power — with a corrupt motive of interfering with an investigation, that’s obstruction,”
How Trump Built an Obstruction of Justice Case Against Himself
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...imself/551588/

The fact that it would be legal for Trump to demand that Mueller be fired, or that it is legal for the president to dismiss an FBI director, would not necessarily stifle an obstruction case. There could still be obstruction if the president were using his official powers for a corrupt purpose; the crucial factor is whether he had “corrupt intent.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #189
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MQ9iPTu_FMA
Old 08-18-2018, 08:17 PM   #190
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Look, you said that he’s currently consulting, yet have given me zero evidence that he’s currently consulting with a soul.
No I haven't.

I've said I don't give a **** about Brennan or his clearance. 3x now actually this makes 4.

All I've stated is why people in the intelligence community still sometimes retain it after leaving.

That's it. My first post in this thread...

Quote:
The reason for letting them keep it is in case they get called back in to review previous briefings, meetings, testimony, etc.

It's not like they can just walk into Langley and start looking up intelligence secrets.

I give zero crap about the issue but there is a rationale for letting them keep it.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #191
davew

Quote:

As I have said many times. A major factor in obstruction of justice is CORRUPT ATTEMPT. The special council instigation was launched after Comey was fired. Yes, Trump can fire and withhold security clearances all he wants, but the specific circumstances of these actions might be designed to obstruct criminal investigations. Then it is defined as corrupt. Once again

The fact that it would be legal for Trump to demand that Mueller be fired, or that it is legal for the president to dismiss an FBI director, would not necessarily stifle an obstruction case. There could still be obstruction if the president were using his official powers for a corrupt purpose; the crucial factor is whether he had “corrupt intent.
FAKE NEWS
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 11:33 PM   #192
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:

Look, I know you’re grasping at straws. Your inability to recognize that in yourself speaks loudly.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:39 PM   #193
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The current situation on the ground... that he's consulting on...

Its quite apparent from this whole thread that absolutely none of you understand how security clearances work.
Again, what current situation on the ground is he consulting on?
Old 08-19-2018, 01:07 AM   #194
fast4522

Quote:
Again, what current situation on the ground is he consulting on?
He isn't, it is that he is his brother from another mother in the resistance.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:58 AM   #195
hcap

Quote:
Look, I know you’re grasping at straws. Your inability to recognize that in yourself speaks loudly.
No Mueller is burning the straws. One thief and liar at a time. Mueller was appointed to chek out just how corrupt.

Corrupt intent is one of the "straws" that did Nixon in.
You gents think getting rid of the messenger is somehow gonna change things..

It will not.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: