Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #751
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I'm just stating what you allegedly believe!
What I believe is
  • that you have repeatedly made the claim that you have demonstrated that atheistic materialism is self refuting,
  • that you have never posted any argument to support this claim but have merely repeated the claim ad nauseum,
  • that you refuse to point out any post witch refutes the above,
  • that this refusal is an admission that you know you have never posted such an argument,
  • that you know that any argument you might present would not stand up to scrutiny,
  • that your proposed bet is a straw man, a red herring and an attempt to change the goalposts,
  • that you know this to be true,
  • that you are a liar and a coward.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #752
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Judges 3:12-20 KJV

12 And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD strengthened Eglon the king of Moab against Israel, because they had done evil in the sight of the LORD.
13 And he gathered unto him the children of Ammon and Amalek, and went and smote Israel, and possessed the city of palm trees*.
14 So the children of Israel served Eglon the king of Moab eighteen* years.
15 But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded*: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.
16 But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.
17 And he brought the present unto Eglon king of Moab: and Eglon was a very fat man.
18 And when he had made an end to offer the present, he sent away the people that bare the present.
19 But he himself turned again from the quarries that were by Gilgal, and said, I have a secret errand unto thee, O king: who said, Keep silence. And all that stood by him went out from him.
20 And Ehud came unto him; and he was sitting in a summer parlour, which he had for himself alone. And Ehud said, I have a message from God unto thee. And he arose out of his seat.
21 And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:
22 And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.

The moral of this? Real classy tale of god fat shaming 3000+ years ago
I am sure box can astound us with some gems of boxcarian wisdom.
I find it highly surprising that you would go to the trouble of reproducing such drivel...as if anyone but Boxcar would ever believe such malarkey. And, if you already realize that only Boxcar takes such gibberish seriously...then, why go to the trouble of trying to reason with him? To quote Confucius: "The man who engages a fool in debate, is twice a fool himself".
Old 05-19-2019, 11:16 PM   #753
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Confucius: "The man who engages a fool in debate, is twice a fool himself".
Confucius? Where?
Maybe https://biblehub.com/niv/proverbs/26.htm
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2019, 01:24 AM   #754
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Believe me, I'm not clever enough to have made that up myself...though I wish I were.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:16 AM   #755
hcap

Quote:
I find it highly surprising that you would go to the trouble of reproducing such drivel...as if anyone but Boxcar would ever believe such malarkey. And, if you already realize that only Boxcar takes such gibberish seriously...then, why go to the trouble of trying to reason with him? To quote Confucius: "The man who engages a fool in debate, is twice a fool himself".
I am only trying to veer him off babbling about time running backwards in our intellect, or anything to do with time. Like a dog with as bone he won't drop it.

Gave him an a ridiculous absurd story to defend. And he did. But still insisted I debate two of his time warped theories anyway

Last edited by hcap; 05-20-2019 at 05:23 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #756
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
What I believe is
  • that you have repeatedly made the claim that you have demonstrated that atheistic materialism is self refuting,
  • that you have never posted any argument to support this claim but have merely repeated the claim ad nauseum,
  • that this refusal is an admission that you know you have never posted such an argument,
  • that you know that any argument you might present would not stand up to scrutiny,
  • that your proposed bet is a straw man, a red herring and an attempt to change the goalposts,
He uses "self refuting" when he runs out of any reasonable arguments. One of his most popular defenses. Second to his misuse of the Law of noncontradiction
Old 05-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #757
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Atheistic materialism has everything to do with interpreting the bible in its sensible sense. Since AM is self-refuting, then the only other option to a natural origin is a supernatural origin. At least the bible doesn't contradict itself.
Interpreting the Bible in its sensible sense. I'm sure you meant literal sense, since the Bible is not completely sensible.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #758
HalvOnHorseracing

C'mon man. Show us the sensibility. Tell us who Cain's wife was?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #759
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Interpreting the Bible in its sensible sense. I'm sure you meant literal sense, since the Bible is not completely sensible.
The bible isn't sensible at all to unbelievers. But to God's family, it is; since He gives understanding to his people.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:57 AM   #760
hcap

Quote:
The bible isn't sensible at all to unbelievers. But to God's family, it is; since He gives understanding to his people.
He includes Jews, even though you claim they killed him, right?
Old 05-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #761
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
What I believe is
Well, then, this "liar and coward" is ready to bet any amount you are willing to lose to prove that you're the "coward and liar"; and that I have demonstrated many times that atheistic materialism is a self-defeating, incoherent world view that violates the Law of Nonontradiciton and/or the Law of Identity.

This wager has nothing to do with debating you (for you are not worth my time), only that I have done in the past what I've stated above.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:30 AM   #762
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
C'mon man. Show us the sensibility. Tell us who Cain's wife was?
Explain to me why you think it's coherent and rational to argue from silence.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #763
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
He uses "self refuting" when he runs out of any reasonable arguments. One of his most popular defenses. Second to his misuse of the Law of noncontradiction
I suppose your persistent refusal to answer all the questions in my 679 and 704
proves you have run out "reasonable arguments", heh?

By the way, why don't you show us how to correctly use the Law of Noncontradiction by giving us a concrete example and applying the law to the example? That oughta be a fun topic.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #764
boxcar

Quote:
I'm sure you can draw up a big list for us and tell us why you believe the narrative is "drivel", "malarkey" and "gibberish", right? Why don't you specifcally list all the elements in the narrative that makes the account so unbelievable to you? I can hardly wait to see it.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #765
hcap

Quote:
I suppose your persistent refusal to answer all the questions in my 679 and 704
proves you have run out "reasonable arguments", heh?

By the way, why don't you show us how to correctly use the Law of Noncontradiction by giving us a concrete example and applying the law to the example? That oughta be a fun topic.
679 and 704 are more of your time bull sh*t crapoola. Told you I will not discuss time running in reverse in you intellect.

Hey Mr Expert on Everything why have your few sometimes supporters, deserted you?

Last edited by hcap; 05-20-2019 at 11:42 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply