Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-26-2022, 01:51 PM   #346
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
A decision that takes away the rights of some women is about abortion. This court’s misinterpretation of the 14th amendment is merely the vehicle for taking away that right.
That's because there is no inalienable right to murder another human being. Really tough for you to digest this truth, heh? If your soul was not languishing in the kingdom of darkness, you'd be able to clearly understand this; but as it is, you cannot.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:58 PM   #347
Bustin Stones

We're in S Carolina a year before the 14th amendment is passed and the question of slavery is up to our state. So, the slavery question is a matter of opinion right? No. Slavery was always wrong. That Congress has some magical power to make something wrong declared wrong is ridiculous. All Congress decides is what the law shall be and not whether it has universal justice.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2022, 02:05 PM   #348
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Ultra sound technology has determined that a a fetus has a heartbeat at 6 weeks! That means that that heartbeat isn't emanating from chopped liver!
A heartbeat has nothing to do with it. A spider has a heartbeat. That does not mean that spider is a sentient being.

Development of the cerebrum, which is the part of the brain connected to thinking and feeling, does not conclude until late in the pregnancy.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #349
Bustin Stones

Development of the cerebrum continues through high school. Maybe that should be the arbitrary hurdle?
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2022, 02:23 PM   #350
mostpost

Quote:
Video: Pro-abortion protesters try to storm Arizona state Capitol, lawmakers 'held hostage.' Kari Lake calls the event a 'real insurrection.'

A pro-abortion protest escalated into a tense situation where police had to use tear gas to disperse the mob gathered outside the Arizona state Capitol.

Hours after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade on Friday, approximately 8,000 pro-abortion protesters demonstrated outside the Capitol in downtown Phoenix, according to KTAR-FM. The protest began at 7 p.m., and featured protest signs that read: "Keep your Bible off my body," "Why are old men making laws on my body" "forced birth is fascism," "You're killing us," and "my body my rage."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/arizon...otest-abortion

Be sure to watch the vid.
What I see in those videos is a lot of people peacefully protesting. Then I see police firing tear gas at peaceful protesters. I see tweets from Republican officials vilifying people for exercising their first amendment rights. I see that Kari Lake is an even bigger idiot than Doug Ducey.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:34 PM   #351
mostpost

Quote:
What I see in those videos is a lot of people peacefully protesting. Then I see police firing tear gas at peaceful protesters. I see tweets from Republican officials vilifying people for exercising their first amendment rights. I see that Kari Lake is an even bigger idiot than Doug Ducey.
None of those videos show any signs of people storming the Capitol. There is no video of protesters trying to break windows. No one is carrying weapons of any kind. N most cases the protesters are standing several feet back from the windows.

It is nothing like Jan. 6.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:18 PM   #352
MargieRose

Quote:
A heartbeat has nothing to do with it. A spider has a heartbeat. That does not mean that spider is a sentient being.

Development of the cerebrum, which is the part of the brain connected to thinking and feeling, does not conclude until late in the pregnancy.
Fact Sheet: Science of Fetal Pain

Quote:
A comprehensive review of the scientific literature[1] including neural development, psychology of pain sensation, and moral implications of fetal pain, concludes that unborn babies may experience pain as early as 12 weeks.

The review notes that neural connections from periphery to brain are functionally complete after 18 weeks.

“Nevertheless, we no longer view fetal pain (as a core, immediate, sensation) in a gestational window of 12–24 weeks as impossible based on the neuroscience.”

The review points out that a fetus may not experience pain in the same way as an adult, but does indeed experience pain as a real sensation, and that this pain experience has moral implications.

Significant because this unbiased review of the scientific evidence and agreement on existence of fetal pain, as early as 12 weeks and certainly after 18 weeks, comes from two highly credentialed medical professionals, one pro-choice.
Like Biden, your cognitive abilities have become impaired. Face it!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #353
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Development of the cerebrum continues through high school.
And t stops dead at the Post Office.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:30 PM   #354
Inner Dirt

Quote:

They were "peacefully" crowding the glass doors and banging into them, in a threatening manner. I guess you had the video on mute so you didn't hear the noise. Tear gas was fired on the crowd when they did not disperse under a lawful order. Funny how you are such a blind biased idiot. The biggest difference in this and Jan 6th was the fact properly trained and directed law enforcement did their jobs. If you put the Capitol police on that site under the direction of the democratic mayor of DC, things would have turned out much worse.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2022, 03:31 PM   #355
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Anyone notice how mostie is acting a lot like roaches that just got sprayed? Running atround in circles, out of control?

mostie, y'all need to simmer down.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:42 PM   #356
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Anyone notice how mostie is acting a lot like roaches that just got sprayed? Running atround in circles, out of control?

mostie, y'all need to simmer down.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2022, 03:44 PM   #357
MargieRose

Words of WISDOM from Mark Levin...and more:
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2022, 04:38 PM   #358
classhandicapper

Quote:

This is how far we've sunk.

Now we are comparing babies with a functioning heart and enough brain development to keep those organs going to a spider.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:15 PM   #359
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
This is how far we've sunk.

Now we are comparing babies with a functioning heart and enough brain development to keep those organs going to a spider.
So, this "beating heart" with a woman's womb is what precisely, if not a human being? Is the pregnant woman carrying a monster inside of her? If she's carrying something less than what she is (i.e a human being), then what precisely is she carrying? And what point in time does the fetus become a human being like it's mother and father?
Old 06-26-2022, 05:41 PM   #360
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
And what point in time does the fetus become a human being like it's mother and father?
When brain activity starts. This occurs 35 to 40 days after fertilization. Before that the fetus does not think or experience the world. The problem is that pregnancy is seldom detected that early. However this is what the "morning after" pill is for.