Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-11-2022, 05:43 PM   #76
Longshot6977

Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 06:32 PM   #77
Inner Dirt

We the People.

Tried to open and fund a NYRA account but somewhere between my bank stuck in 1984 and slow cell internet (Best choice in rural Beaverdam) I could not fund. I did get a $25 free bet on sign up. It goes on . Should be a lone F sitting at 9-2 with 13 MPT. Deep closers seem to get overbet in the Belmont, and end up with no pace to run at. I hope he gets the first 6F in 1:14-1:15 with no pressure.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 06-11-2022 at 06:34 PM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 06:55 PM   #78
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Good lord, the just crushed me—after a bad start. I had all manner of and . But just some distant savers on and —for third.
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 07:01 PM   #79
Ahorsewithnoname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahorsewithnoname View Post
My prediction...
Jose won the Preakness.
Irad will win the Belmont.
Ahorsewithnoname is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 07:17 PM   #80
Inner Dirt

Glad I couldn't fund and only lost the free bet. No excuses for We the People, nice ride and perfect trip just isn't in that class.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 07:59 PM   #81
Someday Silent

If Nest runs in the Alabama she'll have odds of 1/2 or lower.

She's proof why more people should take a shot at TC races with nice fillies. Nest may have surpassed Secret Oath in the sophomore filly division.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 08:39 PM   #82
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday Silent View Post

She's proof why more people should take a shot at TC races with nice fillies. Nest may have surpassed Secret Oath in the sophomore filly division.
?????????????
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 09:05 PM   #83
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday Silent View Post

The Preakness was a much stronger field than the Belmont. She has to beat Secret Oath to pass her.
Old 06-12-2022, 03:51 AM   #84
Someday Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
?????????????
I promise I'm not on crack.

I may have gotten ahead of myself...and believe me, I'm a fan of Secret Oath. I even started a thread about her running in the Derby earlier this spring.

I emphasize *as for now* Nest looks better than Secret Oath because SO finished behind Barber Road in the Arkansas Derby, and behind Creative Minister in the Preakness. Nest finished well ahead of Creative Minister, Barber Road, and the Derby winner (now being much maligned as a one hit wonder, but that's a different discussion).

I know a lot can happen overnight, much less over several weeks. Hopefully Secret Oath and Nest face each other at Saratoga or sometime in the fall and then my speculation won't matter.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 09:33 AM   #85
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
The Preakness was a much stronger field than the Belmont. She has to beat Secret Oath to pass her.
How is that ? Mo Donegal beat Early Voting . Then he just romped in the Belmont. Wasn’t even close . Mo Donegal is clearly ahead of the Preakness winner. His derby run was decent too.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 10:23 AM   #86
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
How is that ? Mo Donegal beat Early Voting . Then he just romped in the Belmont. Wasn’t even close . Mo Donegal is clearly ahead of the Preakness winner. His derby run was decent too.
MO DONEGAL had an awful trip in the Derby on a terrible rail.. right after the race i proclaimed him the winner of the Belmont. i just backed down and didn't bet him. one thing for sure, i really loved the triple crown races this year. they were so very different from years past without the lasix.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 10:40 AM   #87
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
MO DONEGAL had an awful trip in the Derby on a terrible rail.. right after the race i proclaimed him the winner of the Belmont. i just backed down and didn't bet him. one thing for sure, i really loved the triple crown races this year. they were so very different from years past without the lasix.
Agreed, people get all caught up on the derby. The fact is Mo Donegal didn’t really have a fair chance in that race. But if you overlook that one race. He’s a top force in the 3yo picture. And I’m thinking in his current form he will be a tough customer at 10 furlongs . So far, he rates and finishes better than , well , all of them.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 10:42 AM   #88
lamboguy

Quote:
Agreed, people get all caught up on the derby. The fact is Mo Donegal didn’t really have a fair chance in that race. But if you overlook that one race. He’s a top force in the 3yo picture. And I’m thinking in his current form he will be a tough customer at 10 furlongs . So far, he rates and finishes better than , well , all of them.
all i can say HE' A GOOD ONE
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2022, 11:21 AM   #89
zico20

Quote:
Simple! He romped in the Belmont because there wasn't another decent horse
once Creative Minister didn't run. CM may not be any good after all. I have no idea how you can say Mo Donegal is clearly ahead of Early Voting, he beat him by a neck in early April. They are both improving like they should. I guess we will find out if they meet again. The 1 1/2 mile distance was perfect for Mo Donegal, he is a grinder/plodder. I am not knocking Mo Donegal, he is a good horse, but Epicenter and Zandon kicked his ass in the Derby and they shouldn't have with that pace. On paper, Simplification is better than anything other than the winner from the Belmont. Secret Oath is better than Nest. No way can anyone deduce that the Preakness field wasn't clearly better than the Belmont.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:47 PM   #90
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125 View Post
$20 to win on Mo Donegal

$2 tri:
Mo Donegal
We The People, Nest, Rich Strike, Barber Road
ALL

Total Bet = $84
dballard125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply