Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #61
Mr_Ed

Turns out the IRS was a big winner yesterday, too.

Best line: He was so overlooked he wore saddlecloth 21 in a 20 horse field.

Jockey rode a brilliant race!!
Mr_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #62
GaryG
Unreconstructed

The 3/4 went in 1:10.34, last half in :52.27.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:46 AM   #63
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
That’s the point of my previous post. When the pace developments are such ……. It widens the door for something like this to happen. Like I said , “all” button would of been my only chance. But you had literally tons of dead weight in front.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 09:54 AM   #64
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
Nearly identical to the 2013 Kentucky Derby when Palace Malice blistered out in fractions of :45.33 and 1:09.80. The horses that finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th were 4 of the last 5 horses after 6F.

Gotta give high respect for the race that Epicenter ran. Zandon ran great as well.

Oxbow was in that mix in 2013 and held on for 6th that year. As we all know, he then turned back to wire the field in the Preakness.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachm...3&d=1371711673
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 10:06 AM   #65
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Maybe the most dubious move of the day was the mounted NBC reporter moving in to interview Leon while the winning horse was savaging his pony. The attendant really had his hands full trying to restore order. Best to back off and let the professionals do their job (which she eventually did).
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 10:06 AM   #66
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Nearly identical to the 2013 Kentucky Derby when Palace Malice blistered out in fractions of :45.33 and 1:09.80. The horses that finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th were 4 of the last 5 horses after 6F.

Gotta give high respect for the race that Epicenter ran. Zandon ran great as well.

Oxbow was in that mix in 2013 and held on for 6th that year. As we all know, he then turned back to wire the field in the Preakness.

I thought Zandon moved to early, and this may be a hind sight statement but he was only a about 4 or so lengths from the lead at the 3/8ths pole.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 10:13 AM   #67
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 10:14 AM   #68
Fightingirish51195

RAN

At this point I think the RAN sire line is just an auto bet regardless of prep and result.

Mine that bird and now this horse headline the massive longshots.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #69
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightingirish51195 View Post
At this point I think the RAN sire line is just an auto bet regardless of prep and result.

Mine that bird and now this horse headline the massive longshots.
Both are RAN/RAN with Smart Strike as the BMS.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:48 AM   #70
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF View Post
Both are RAN/RAN with Smart Strike as the BMS.
I knew rich strike was inbred like that. I totally forgot about mine that bird having SS on the other side. Absolutely nuts
Old 05-08-2022, 10:50 AM   #71
Plain Steve

Blue Collar Win

Gotta love it, 30K claimer from minor track circuit wins Kentucky Derby.
Remember Steve Coburn after CC lost the Belmont?
That's how the Blueblood Elites in KY (except Calumet) are feeling right now, LMAO!!!
Plain Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 11:03 AM   #72
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post

Oxbow was right on the pace in that 2013 Derby. That was a good score for me in the Preakness, Oxbow fit the system play form my Pace Handicapping Longshots book.

But Epicenter and Zandon had no excuses. They ran well, I personally don't think they ran great. If Chad Brown could have drawn it up he would have given Zandon the exact trip that he had. He simply didn't have a strong enough closing kick off a complete pace meltdown.

The horse that ran well on the pace was Zozos. That horse could be a very tough sprinter/miler if they keep him out of these longer races.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #73
pandy

Why??

We've seen this many times, a horse dropped in for a tag too soon. I guess Rich Strike didn't train well on dirt, but I can't understand why you would race a Calumet bred horse that has a good dirt pedigree on turf once, and then immediately put the horse in for $30,000. It doesn't make sense. After the horse broke his maiden by 17 lengths, they had to know right away that they made a mistake. Even if he never wins another GR1, he was a bargain claim.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 11:18 AM   #74
Bullet Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
We've seen this many times, a horse dropped in for a tag too soon. I guess Rich Strike didn't train well on dirt, but I can't understand why you would race a Calumet bred horse that has a good dirt pedigree on turf once, and then immediately put the horse in for $30,000. It doesn't make sense. After the horse broke his maiden by 17 lengths, they had to know right away that they made a mistake. Even if he never wins another GR1, he was a bargain claim.
Wow, ain't that the truth. A Monster claim!!

I can't remember another case of a horse claimed winning the Kentucky Derby.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2022, 11:22 AM   #75
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
Oxbow was right on the pace in that 2013 Derby. That was a good score for me in the Preakness, Oxbow fit the system play form my Pace Handicapping Longshots book.

But Epicenter and Zandon had no excuses. They ran well, I personally don't think they ran great. If Chad Brown could have drawn it up he would have given Zandon the exact trip that he had. He simply didn't have a strong enough closing kick off a complete pace meltdown.

The horse that ran well on the pace was Zozos. That horse could be a very tough sprinter/miler if they keep him out of these longer races.
Oxbow and Epicenter ran nearly identical races through 6F and 1M. They were both 3 to 3.5 back at 6F into very similar fractions, and sitting on the lead/.5 back after 1M.

Difference is Epicenter went on to finish runner up beaten by 3/4s a length while Oxbow finished 6th and 10 back with almost identical finishing times of 2:02.61 and 2:02.89
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: