Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-08-2018, 05:43 AM   #2611
lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I said point blank Donald Trump isn't a Republican. That his views are leftist. That his morality, principles, and ethics aren't in line with the family values of the party as well.
I agree with this. I keep telling people Trump is an old school NY democrat. I know Republicans that are all in on this guy and cat figure out why Republicans wont just go along and dump their long held beliefs.

I think he honestly thought he'd have an easier time working with Democrats because of this but resist and the far left move wont allow it.

I'll take the tax cuts and conservative justices. Wish I could mute the thin-skinned stuff and get him off my TV. And the media and their meltdown can go away too. Everyone is official nuts.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 05:51 AM   #2612
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I agree with this. I keep telling people Trump is an old school NY democrat. I know Republicans that are all in on this guy and cat figure out why Republicans wont just go along and dump their long held beliefs.

I think he honestly thought he'd have an easier time working with Democrats because of this but resist and the far left move wont allow it.

I'll take the tax cuts and conservative justices. Wish I could mute the thin-skinned stuff and get him off my TV. And the media and their meltdown can go away too. Everyone is official nuts.
Both parties have been turning more 'progressive'. Old school moderate democrats are now moderate Republicans.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 07:39 AM   #2613
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 07:55 AM   #2614
newtothegame

Quote:
Clocker has repeatedly called Trump an economic illiterate.
In economics, yes, Clocker has. But thats one topic and not ALL topics. Thats where I see the difference with Clocker ands yourself
The others left because they think you're all hypocrites... I don't think I've deleted all the PMs.

Okay... first off...

The Democrats didn't lose a seat on the bench. Kennedy a typical swing conservative jurist was replaced with Kavanaugh a typical swing conservative jurist... who was also his clerk.

Secondly... you aren't responding to what I'm saying. You want to litigate a 35 year old sexual assault. You want to know how many shits I give about Ford and the actual merits of the accusation? Zip, zilch, zero, nada.
I feel the same! Prior to this nomination, I never thought of Kav.
If we're talking personally I think something happened to her as she seemed believable. Maybe it was Bart... maybe it wasn't... I don't care.

Thirdly... what to know how many shits I give about Brett Kavanaugh? Zip, zilch, zero, nada.

What I care about is beating Democrats in politics and continuing to beat Democrats in politics. Want to know how I plan on accomplishing that? Not ramming someone through who pisses off a large chuck of people that make up 50% of the electorate. 1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted... that statistic isn't debatable... Think Bart is going to cost us some of those votes?
He only pisses off that due to the fact of what the dems did. How is it possible that Kav passed through 6 prior FBI investigations and not a peep of misconduct that I am aware of? How is it possible that he himself was not questioned by ANY of these allegations until the last possible moment? You see, he isn't as polarizing as you say UNTIL the dems made him polarizing. And they would of done the same to no matter who was put up. They said as much!!
Fourthly... what could the Democrats really do if we decided to replace him with someone not quite so polarizing, equally conservative, and ram them through instead? Zip, zilch, zero, nada.

The party is so far out of touch with the mainstream its incredible. We manage to take something as simple as a nomination and make a giant mess out of it. WE DID THAT. Not the dims.
Wrong in my opinion, see my comment above
I'm all about winning. For a guy who campaigned on #winning he sure makes shit look a lot harder than it needs to be... for less than optimal outcomes.
Now, let me clear at least my thoughts on Trump. I was NOT a Trump supporter from the beginning. I liked Cruz. However, once it became obvious what would happen, well I took the path that all of us on the right should of taken.
To use your term, Trump would of never been possible had it not been for how polarizing the dems were. I don't know if we could of had a more polarizing president then Obama was. Then to see the possibility of HRC, well...Trump was the outcome.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 08:14 AM   #2615
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post

Its because he appeals to the absolute worst parts of the Republican party.

Conversely, its why the left hates him so much. He drums up his base by saying borderline racist and sexist stuff. He is the quintessential "get off my lawn" candidate.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 08:17 AM   #2616
newtothegame

Quote:
Okay lets start here...

- Ronald Reagan
I agree with about 90% of this. The part that I think falls short again is time frame and point of reference. Trade to me is a great thing. The problem comes in due in part to the American worker. Allow me to explain my position so it seems to make sense.
Back in my early childhood days, I come from a very modest (borderline poverty) household. By todays standards, definitely poverty. I only say this to say that my parents didn't need (nor want) the lifestyle required by many these days.
Because the huge lifestyle wasn't needed, income wasn't the primary thought process if that makes sense. We didn't need to worry about 6 foot television screens, fancy cars, etc etc.
So how does all this play in....well, I still feel like my parents employers could be competitive due to this worker "help". As lifestyles have grown, incomes have had to grow as well, and that has taken us out of some of the competitive markets.
Employers then started outsourcing to cheaper wages.
Add in monetary manipulation, and other factors and well its easy to see how American companies have a much harder time being competitive. This is where tariffs are one (and only one) possible solution to level the playing field. Now you can say that it does nothing but raise taxes on the American consumer and again, I agree. But it also hurts the opposing country as it provides choices for the end consumer with more level pricing.
Now I don't know (or pretend to know) all the ins and outs of the back door dealings between governments. However, I do see countries willing to renegotiate some of these deals. Does that mean that everything is all hunky dory? Probably not but it does tell me that at least we have their attention. These other countries have to realize, and are now seeing it, that this is the largest economy and they need us to sell products. That by itself warrants them having to succumb somewhat to helping our economy as well.

Now see, its not so hard to talk with me when you aren't so condescending. I am more then willing to talk and discuss anything. I am not the smartest guy in the room but far from the dumbest.
I may not have all the right answers in your opinion. Hell I may not have any of the right answers lol. But I do have the ability to listen and learn. I am not so stubborn to be closed minded UNLESS someone wants to always tell me how smart they are and how dumb I am......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.

Last edited by newtothegame; 10-08-2018 at 08:21 AM.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #2617
chadk66

Trump was elected for three reasons only. Economy. Swamp has to be drained. He wasn't Hillary. Had the left ran anybody even remotely electable that individual would be in the white house. But Trump being president has brought out the absolute worst in the democratic party and you may not see a democrat in the white house for quite some time.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #2618
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Trump was elected for three reasons only. Economy. Swamp has to be drained. He wasn't Hillary. Had the left ran anybody even remotely electable that individual would be in the white house. But Trump being president has brought out the absolute worst in the democratic party and you may not see a democrat in the white house for quite some time.
Trump has brought out the absolute worst in the Republican party dude. That doesn't exonerate Democrats... but Trump launched his campaign by coming down an elevator and saying brown people are rapists...

His base has been in love ever since.

When someone of a relatively similar political persuasion takes issue with actual Trump POLICY... not all of his other baggage... just POLICY they are attacked.

Newtothegame now agrees with 90% of what Reagan said which is absolute polar opposite of what Trump is doing. While at the same time talking shit with our best allies and damaging our relations with them. The overall reaction here is "YEAH **** THEM! 'MURICA"

He brings out the worst in people and if some of you would put the kool aide down for a few seconds and maybe do your jobs as HIS SUPPORTERS you could reign him in a bit...

But no... blame the dims.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #2619
woodtoo

I see you all had a busy night.

In his first year as POTUS Donald almost single handedly brought himself down.
what with all the leaks the discourse and firings the tweets and Mueller.

Luckily for him he works best in a volatile atmosphere and persevered and continued working 24/7 behind the scenes doing what needed to be done.
And here we are.
Roaring into the midterms with the force of a fierce lion.

LTBT-Let Trump be Trump.
#winning

All politics aside of course.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #2620
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
That doesn't follow at all, Boxcar.
Anyway, I've wasted too much time on you already.
And stop calling me Shirley!

Shirley U. Jest. Of course, it follows. But because you're not a real adult and can't keep up, let's see if I can get all this distilled down to your sandbox level of comprehension. Please read the following carefully:

Justices are nominated by the president and then confirmed by the U.S. Senate. A nomination to the Court is considered to be official when the Senate receives a signed nomination letter from the president naming the nominee, which is then entered in the Senate's record. There have been 37 unsuccessful nominations to the Supreme Court of the United States. Of these, 11 nominees were rejected in Senate roll-call votes, 11 were withdrawn by the president, and 15 lapsed at the end of a session of Congress. Six of these unsuccessful nominees were subsequently nominated and confirmed to other seats on the Court.[2] Additionally, although confirmed, seven nominees either declined office or (in one instance) died before assuming office. (emphasis mine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsucc..._United_States

Did you catch the bolded part, Birley? There were 15 times in the past when the senate majority simply allowed its session's clock to run out! This means there were no votes taken.

But the article gets even more specific and reveals that there were several nominations on which the Senate took NO ACTION just prior to a presidential election. Be sure to view the list that is in living technicolor. And these acts (deliberate decisions to take "no action") are constitutional! So, here we have historic evidence that aligns very nicely with my brilliant exegesis of the "advise and consent" clause of the Constitution. Senate history and the Law of Land harmonize nicely, thank you. And Shirely, you can appreciate this kind of consistency, right?

So, all this gum flappin', hand waving and flailing over Garland is much to do over nothing! What happened a couple of years ago is not unprecedented. Not at all. The U.S Senate has been "slimy and despicable" (to borrow your terms) several times in the past. (Heck, even a very wise Hebrew king said once upon a time, "There ain't nothin' new under the sun.")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...f_a_presidency

Do all of us conservatives a favor, will ya, Birley? Don't play with us adults. You're not qualified. You're not equipped. You're far too gullible. You keep bringing knives to these discussions, while we conservatives are packing iron locked and loaded and ready for bear. At least if you stay in your own element and out of our court, none of us adults will really notice the extent of disrepair to your attic elevator.

And don't forget the 12-step recovery program.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #2621
boxcar

Quote:
Its because he appeals to the absolute worst parts of the Republican party.

Conversely, its why the left hates him so much. He drums up his base by saying borderline racist and sexist stuff. He is the quintessential "get off my lawn" candidate.
(emphasis mine)

Translate: Trump despises political correctness and loves to speak his own mind -- not what others think he should be saying.

And I say, AMEN to that!
Old 10-08-2018, 10:13 AM   #2622
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

My opinion, it only the feeblest of mind out there that thing he says racist or sexist stuff. Those unable to focus on the results and obsess over the man.

Sad people.
Selfish people.

btw, KOKO is going to allow outside inspectors into N Korea.
Early stages, but process is moving ahead.

Oh, and look at all the NEW JOBS Trump created over the past couple of weeks. All those protesters against Kavanaugh, paid to be there and make asses of themselves.

Guess the REAL important news escapes many who can't objectively look at the big picture.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #2623
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oh, and look at all the NEW JOBS Trump created over the past couple of weeks. All those protesters against Kavanaugh, paid to be there and make asses of themselves.
Can we stop already with the paid protestor bullshit?

I know.. we can't.. Trump said so.. MAGA..

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/k...refuses-to-die
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 10:37 AM   #2624
letswastemoney

The only thing I've learned through the Kavanaugh process is that Democrats are sore losers.

Don't like the nominee? Leak out an accusation. Hell, leak out 3 or 4. Try to make it so confusing that the nominee has to withdraw from embarrassment.

That didn't work? Okay well harass the Republican politicians. Get in their face in elevators. Get in their face wherever they go in general.

That didn't work? Then threaten impeachment. Even if the nominee makes it through, he's discredited through the eyes of social media by accusation alone. Most will reason he deserved to get kicked off.

Better yet, change the rules. Wait until Democrats are back in power and put more Supreme Court Justices up there, maybe those paid by Soros.

They can't just accept they lost this argument. Democrats have to bully their way into getting what they want, rather than through reason and logic.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #2625
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Can we stop already with the paid protestor bullshit?

I know.. we can't.. Trump said so.. MAGA..

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/k...refuses-to-die
No, we can't, because some of them were paid.
Fact of life.
Ultra Violet one of the sponsors.

https://sputniknews.com/us/201809181...otesters-bail/

https://www.rt.com/usa/438777-kavana...mocrats-soros/