Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #61
Valuist

Fring is in for season 3.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #62
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Fring is in for season 3.

[YT=""]O8vfckXAPJ8[/YT]
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #63
FantasticDan
gelding

Season premiere :00 Monday on AMC.

I glanced at a couple reviews of the first few eps, very positive
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2017, 01:08 AM   #64
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I just set my DVR tonight...can't wait!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2017, 01:11 AM   #65
CincyHorseplayer

I'm down and have been watchin!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2017, 01:25 AM   #66
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I hope it moves a little faster this season
Old 04-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #67
MutuelClerk

Excited for tonight. Gus is back. Jimmy has to turn into Saul this season doesn't he?
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #68
johnhannibalsmith

Thanks for the reminder.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #69
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Really glad this back, one of the best shows on television.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #70
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

As most Breaking Bad fans did, I tuned into Saul with great expectations...show is good but moves very very slowly.
Only new character I like is his girlfriend (Kim Wexler?). All the other folks at the McGill firm are quite boring in my opinion.

The show has been saved by the Breaking Bad characters (Mike Ehrmentrout and that Salamanca dude)....and it seems that people cannot wait for Gus to show up, which he's supposed to do this season.

Not meaning to rag on the show, but these short seasons and long waits are getting tiresome for me. That seems like the norm though
Old 04-11-2017, 01:12 AM   #71
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
As most Breaking Bad fans did, I tuned into Saul with great expectations...show is good but moves very very slowly.
Only new character I like is his girlfriend (Kim Wexler?). All the other folks at the McGill firm are quite boring in my opinion.

The show has been saved by the Breaking Bad characters (Mike Ehrmentrout and that Salamanca dude)....and it seems that people cannot wait for Gus to show up, which he's supposed to do this season.

Not meaning to rag on the show, but these short seasons and long waits are getting tiresome for me. That seems like the norm though
Cable is not as beholden to the standard TV schedule that the networks are. As bad as the wait is, it is nowhere near what is encountered in waiting for HBO seasons.

I really wonder what happened to Kim and Chuck as neither of them were ever in Breaking Bad.

One of the neat things about the series is how it reference people and things that happened in Breaking Bad. My favorite such reference so far is that asshole whose car Walt blew up at the gas station. He appeared as the arrogant, aggressive investment guy in Season 2 (or was it 1?).
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 01:26 AM   #72
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
... My favorite such reference so far is that asshole whose car Walt blew up at the gas station. He appeared as the arrogant, aggressive investment guy in Season 2 (or was it 1?).
I completely overlooked that one.

In contrast with POT, I like almost all of the characters on the show in much the same way I did with Breaking Bad. Which is odd. Probably because they don't trip over themselves trying not to even hint at a potential stereotype.

Being as it is set, mostly, in law firms - the people in those roles have been great as stereotypes with individuality. The main slick lawyer there, he couldn't be any better with his chin-up, halting speech and Biff Skippington look. Jimmy's brother, the brilliant lawyer who pays a price for having a hyperactive brain that he can't quite harness into what it is meant for. The main guy from Jimmy's good firm gig and the fancy desk - the guy with the guitar that thinks himself some kind of salt of the earth quasi-hippy that goes through all these motions to convince himself that he really isn't 'the man'.

Everybody is really good and I can truly say that I'm thrilled that they brought back probably the best character in the original in Mike the cop, yet have thus far shown great restraint trying to exploit those characters in the new show.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 09:40 AM   #73
RunForTheRoses

Still moving at a glacial pace. Maybe even slowed down. The opening sequence was interesting but...they are starting to test the audiences patience. Maybe it is just a first episode tease and Saul will soon be Sauling in all his glory, you would think there would be plenty for the writers to work with at a crazed speed.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #74
Elliott Sidewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Still moving at a glacial pace. Maybe even slowed down. The opening sequence was interesting but...they are starting to test the audiences patience. Maybe it is just a first episode tease and Saul will soon be Sauling in all his glory, you would think there would be plenty for the writers to work with at a crazed speed.
Patience, it will heat up soon I'm sure. True, the action in BB was faster and more frantic, but this is a different story and what BCS lacks in fierceness is compensated for with comedy. I'm confident it will be worth watching, I recorded S3 EP1 and will watch it later today. My only complaint is a small one; that Jimmy's brother looks old enough to be his father. But I think the characters and casting is great.

When the weather flat out sucked in the greater Philadelphia area, I binge watched Breaking Bad and the first 2 seasons of Better Call Saul, and had a great time doing it.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #75
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Too damn slow.