Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
lsbets

How Low Will He Go?

After reading this, I couldn't resist:

At six months in office, Obama's 55% approval rating puts him 10th among the 12 post-World War II presidents at this point in their tenures. When he took office, he ranked seventh.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...-economy_N.htm

I'm sure Hcap will take great offense to this and post a bajillion graphs and charts about Bush, but I thought since Hcap so loves polls (which I have said repeatedly mean nothing to me), I would show him this link as a kind of public service.

If you are to believe polls, they pretty much show that people like Obama personally but don't trust him on much anymore. Not surprising considering he is the most irresponsible President of my lifetime. Maybe he is smart enough politically to do a 180 if he can't jam his agenda through, but I have little faith in that happening.

Anyway, 10th out of 12. Down from 7 out of 12. Maybe it's just because he throws like a girl?

Come on Obamabots, explain how great the messiah is.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Warren Henry
Once/Always

Could get Ugly

If the President is really a pathological narcissist as some claim, things are about to get ugly.

I just reread an article by Ali Sina - published prior to the election. I thought it was a little spooky at the time, now it is downright frightening.

I don't know anything about the author or the organization behind the website. They may be the worst kind of radical fringe in existence. What I do know is that some of the stuff he says in this piece seems(to me, at least) to have accurately predicted some of what we have seen between the date of publication and now.

Read and judge for yourself.

------------------

Understanding Obama: The Making of a Fuehrer

By Ali Sina

2008/09/22

http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

---------------------------------

The most important software is between your ears
Warren Henry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
ArlJim78

Imagine how low it would be if he didn't have a slobbering fawning media. He'd be 12th out of 12. No president has been as reckless and destructive for our country. He replaced the War On Terror with the War On America.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Henry
If the President is really a pathological narcissist as some claim, things are about to get ugly.

I just reread an article by Ali Sina - published prior to the election. I thought it was a little spooky at the time, now it is downright frightening.

I don't know anything about the author or the organization behind the website. They may be the worst kind of radical fringe in existence. What I do know is that some of the stuff he says in this piece seems(to me, at least) to have accurately predicted some of what we have seen between the date of publication and now.

------------------

By Ali Sina

2008/09/22

Great piece! This guy truly nails the real Obama. Thanks for posting the link.
This is a real keeper and I shall be distributing this to various people.

And this all confirms what I said months ago about this president: He is the most dangerous man in the world because his presidency has always been about trying to satisfy his unquenchable thirst for Power. He is a power addict and this is what makes him so very dangerous.

If anyone ever doubted that at some point in time, the entire world will flock after and virtually worship a charismatic, charming, enchanting, eloquent and captivating messianic-type leader, such as the antichrist will be, then think again. The BOs, Hitlers and Stalins of this world teach us how gullible and self-deceived we mortals can be because man's sinful nature drives us to misplace our faith -- to believe in things that we should not -- proving that idolatry is alive and well in this age. (Look, for example, how easy it was for our newest arrival Horsepicker to condemn me for wanting BO to fail because he looks at this president as his personal "navigator" in life. He places his trust in BO -- a proven serial liar, to boot! Well, sadly, the world is full of Horsepickers, Suffs, Hcaps, NJs, 46ers and Secretariats. The world is, in fact, ripe. It's ready for the pickin, as evidenced by this latest narcissist to take its center stage.

Boxcar
Old 07-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
ArlJim78

my how the once mighty have fallen

an example of how far the messiah has fallen in stature, he had to bump the time of his press conference tomorrow to accomodate NBC who has a big show with singing sensation Susan Boyle.
Fox of course will not be carrying the press conference. A wise move.
__________________________________________________ ___
"In another example of Barack Obama's appeal diminishing with the public, the White House was forced to reschedule Wednesday's press conference to 8PM from 9PM as NBC didn't want its summer hit "America's Got Talent" to be pre-empted.
Appearing on Wednesday's program will be an interview with "Britain's Got Talent's" Susan Boyle, who became an international star earlier this year with her miraculous performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" from "Les Miserables."

Old 07-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
an example of how far the messiah has fallen in stature, he had to bump the time of his press conference tomorrow to accomodate NBC who has a big show with singing sensation Susan Boyle.
Fox of course will not be carrying the press conference. A wise move.
__________________________________________________ ___
"In another example of Barack Obama's appeal diminishing with the public, the White House was forced to reschedule Wednesday's press conference to 8PM from 9PM as NBC didn't want its summer hit "America's Got Talent" to be pre-empted.
Appearing on Wednesday's program will be an interview with "Britain's Got Talent's" Susan Boyle, who became an international star earlier this year with her miraculous performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" from "Les Miserables."
Murdoch won't broadcast the press conference. Why that's shocking!
NJ Stinks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Murdoch won't broadcast the press conference. Why that's shocking!
shocking? I'd call it smart as the ratings will be better for them if they don't.
you are aware that not all networks covered Bush press conferences either.

Also, with the president publicly trashing Fox news every chance he gets, why should they give him the courtesy?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
NJ Stinks

Quote:
shocking? I'd call it smart as the ratings will be better for them if they don't.
you are aware that not all networks covered Bush press conferences either.

Also, with the president publicly trashing Fox news every chance he gets, why should they give him the courtesy?
Yes, I'm aware that all networks did not cover GWB's pc's. But I'll bet FOX covered more of them than any other network.

As an aside, I hate the idea that an Australian (Murdoch) has invested billions to influence American politics. Obviously, he's succeeding with some....
NJ Stinks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
jballscalls

Quote:
why would he not trash them?? Beck and Hannity are on a total witch hunt with him. He could cure cancer and they would say it somehow it tinkers with God's law and they would still bash him.

granted they aren't lying about anything their reporting, but they are obviously out to get him out of there, and it's their right to as entertainers, not journalists to do so. Thats why i watch fox, its the most entertaining
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:

------------------

By Ali Sina

2008/09/22

For additional insight, look at this book .
Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #11
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
why would he not trash them?? Beck and Hannity are on a total witch hunt with him. He could cure cancer and they would say it somehow it tinkers with God's law and they would still bash him.

granted they aren't lying about anything their reporting, but they are obviously out to get him out of there, and it's their right to as entertainers, not journalists to do so. Thats why i watch fox, its the most entertaining
umm, because he is the president of the entire country, not only his supporters, and it's not the duty of the president to publicly attack certain people who are exercising the right of dissent.

he shouldn't be so petty, so thin-skinned that he would react to criticism and call out certain people, like he does by mentioning Hannity or Rush by name, that is seriously beneath the presidency. it's not becoming for the president to take sides against certain networks, it makes it look like he is against free speech, which I'm sure he is.

do you remember Bush lashing out at networks, naming people that he felt were out to get him? he had far more material to work with as it was much more than two guys from one news network.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
LottaKash

Quote:

------------------

By Ali Sina

2008/09/22

Yikes, quite an illuminating and insighful article, to be sure.....Especially since it was written before the Election and the ensuing "Hall of Fame" ceremonies....How prophetic, since the reality of it all, is happening right before our very eyes...

It seems we are stuck with a Pathological-Narcissistic leader that has never led anything, but his own self will, and would have others do the same for him, and they are !...."Change has come alright" !...Oh my , hasn't it....?

best,
Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware that all networks did not cover GWB's pc's. But I'll bet FOX covered more of them than any other network.

As an aside, I hate the idea that an Australian (Murdoch) has invested billions to influence American politics. Obviously, he's succeeding with some....
How do you feel about Soros?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #14
ddog

On the one hand you have some goofy singer/mental case that is all the rage(i hear) , never seen or heard her and don't intend to waste a second on either and that bumps the step-in-fetch-it clown/mouthpiece/front man for the fascist oligarchy this place has become.

Yet some good men and women are giving their lives for this POS.
I yearn for the day when those few realize they are being played and leave this nuthouse to the rest of you.

To the rest of you who buy this failed crap , it is YOUR fault, no pol, no banker,no scam artist can MAKE you fall for the crap they push in this country.
You chose to believe in "something for nothing".

You chose to believe in free bubble-nomics and those who hyped it.

As to the book, it's good but the problem is a "national ethos of narcissism"
that masquerades as "today's patriotism" that inhibits any type of sustained probing and focus of the problems in the country.

How can it not be so when the vast majority of the under 50 crowd has been brought up within the false constructs outlined in the book?

Voltaire : "Those who can get you to believe absurdities can get you to commit atrocities."
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #15
ArlJim78

Quote:

dude, are you serious? at least you know who Murdoch is because he own publicly traded companies.

nobody knows who funded Obama, it was all hidden. Soros can be traced to a lot of funding for sure, but I suspect there are other patrons (Saudis?).

but you make me laugh when you express dismay about foreigners like Murdoch influencing things in the US. do you know how much Chinese money the Clintons raked in? please, talk about selective outrage.