Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
Secretariat

Traitor?

I rarely come in here anymore as it's not good for my health, but I saw a President today accept the word of a despotic tyrant over his own intelligence agencies today publicly in Helsinki. Here's a few comments from Republicans.

Former Tea Party lawmaker Joe Walsh on Monday said he was completely done with President Donald Trump in the wake of his jaw-dropping joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Walsh, who backed Trump in 2016 but who has been critical of the president’s attacks on law enforcement agencies, wrote on Twitter that he would no longer consider voting for him in 2020.

“Look, I’m no big deal, but today is the final straw for me,” he wrote. “I will never support Trump again. If that makes me a NeverTrumper, so be it.”

Walsh then took things a step farther and said he believed it was possible that Trump’s actions have been treasonous.

“I am a tea party conservative, that will never change,” he wrote. “But Trump was a traitor to this country today. That must not be accepted. Speak out.”

WASHINGTON (REUTERS) - U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, following President Donald Trump's remarks on Russia on Monday, said there was "no question" that Moscow interfered in the U.S. 2016 election and that Trump "must appreciate that Russia is not our ally."

"There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy," Ryan said in a statement.

John McCain: "No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant."

... And CNN and Fox.

Moments after the press conference, CNN’s Anderson Cooper said it was “one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president at a summit in front of a Russian leader.”

On Fox News Business, several guests reacted by saying that Putin outmaneuvered Trump during the summit.

Reaction on Varney's Fox Business show after the press conference is critical of Trump.

Guest Mark Weinberg: "Putin won. Trump missed the opportunity."

Fox Biz's Ashley Webster: "He outmaneuvered our president. I was very surprised. I thought Trump was going to push hard."

Neil Cavuto of Fox Business calls Trump's press conference "disgusting", "That sets us back a lot."

I continue to believe there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. But when Trump so easily and naively accepts Putin’s line about not being involved, I can understand why Ds think Putin must have the goods on him. - Ari Fleischer

... And Russia's comments.

Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs quickly endorsed Trump’s sentiment, which will do little to quiet questions about exactly whose side the American president is on.

Last edited by Secretariat; 07-16-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Cool story bro.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #3
Ocala Mike

Did you happen to notice Putin's body language and sly little smirk in answering that question posed to him about whether or not Russia had compromising material on Trump? Not exactly a "strong denial."
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Cool story bro.
Did Russia interfere in our election?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #5
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

Yep, as a bunch of brain-washed Dem's flipped to the other side and voted for Trump at the last minute...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
Would Putin lie?
Old 07-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #7
Secretariat

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro called Trump’s performance “self-serving and utterly grotesque,” before declaring Trump “made a fool of himself.” The BBC’s headline simply stated, “Trump sides with Russia against FBI.”

Conservative strategist Chris Barron tweeted, “Not pleased with Trump's Putin press conference. Doesn't feel like America First.”

“Horrible performance from our President today. Pretty ugly when u give a pass to a nation that is undermining our democracy,” Fox Business anchor Trish Regan

These are the conservatives. I'm not even posting the Democratic response.

Last edited by Secretariat; 07-16-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
They've been interfering since the Cold War at the very least.

So, I don't give a shit, just like YOUSE GUYS never gave a shit until Hillary lost.

I for one am glad Trump is making people shit bricks. He doesn't care either.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #9
elysiantraveller

Quote:
They've been interfering since the Cold War at the very least.

So, I don't give a shit, just like YOUSE GUYS never gave a shit until Hillary lost.

I for one am glad Trump is making people shit bricks. He doesn't care either.
Got evidence of that? Because we have concrete evidence they did this time around but you support our President lying and rolling over to a KGB Agent and Despot.

You're a fanboy...

Got the #MAGA foam fingers too?
Old 07-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Got evidence of that? Because we have concrete evidence they did this time around but you support our President lying and rolling over to a KGB Agent and Despot.

You're a fanboy...

Got the #MAGA foam fingers too?
You're a joke.

Got evidence they interfered this time around too? No you don't. You have whatever the intelligence agencies (of which we've seen they will do and say anything to slam Trump) say it is. Which we've seen over the existence of our nation, doesn't necessarily make it so.

They lied about WMDs in Iraq, right? They lied about the Vietnam war, right? What makes you think they aren't TRUMPING up this whole Russia thing too?

There has been just as much "evidence" that the hack of the DNC was an inside job and the data was whisked away via USB drive, but somehow, nobody talks about that anymore.

There is no CONCRETE evidence, as you claim.

So spare me the BS.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #11
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You're a joke.

Got evidence they interfered this time around too? No you don't. You have whatever the intelligence agencies (of which we've seen they will do and say anything to slam Trump) say it is. Which we've seen over the existence of our nation, doesn't necessarily make it so.

They lied about WMDs in Iraq, right? They lied about the Vietnam war, right? What makes you think they aren't TRUMPING up this whole Russia thing too?

There has been just as much "evidence" that the hack of the DNC was an inside job and the data was whisked away via USB drive, but somehow, nobody talks about that anymore.

There is no CONCRETE evidence, as you claim.

So spare me the BS.
Roger Stone says he’s the 'US person' mentioned in Mueller indictment

How about Trump's CABINET picks?

Seriously how far in the sand in your head?
Old 07-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #12
thaskalos

I don't see what everyone is so upset about. Trump was standing right next to Putin...so, he was readily qualified to assess whether or not Putin was telling the truth when he flatly denied that Russia conspired to "influence" our election.

If Trump is impressed by Putin's strong denial...then so am I.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-16-2018 at 03:11 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #13
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I don't see what everyone is so upset about. Trump was standing right next to Putin...so, he was readily qualified to assess whether or not Putin was telling the truth when he flatly denied that Russia conspired to "influence" our election.

If trump is impressed by Putin's strong denial...then so am I.
A good buddy of mine from Japan told me the Japanese didn't bomb Pearl Harbor either...

I'm inclined to believe inside job.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Roger Stone says he’s the 'US person' mentioned in Mueller indictment

How about Trump's CABINET picks?

Seriously how far in the sand in your head?
How far in the sand is your head if you believe, somehow, "it's different this time" when it comes to "Russian Interference In US Elections?"

What, there was no internet before 2016? No Russians ever tried to cozy up to campaign hangers-ons in the past? This is all brand new stuff?

What, exactly, makes it such a big deal now? Because it's the only thing they have left to try and take down Trump?

Hollywood Access tape didn't work. Him being "unpresidential" didn't work. One million Republican rivals in the primaries didn't work. Hillary didn't work.

Shit, what do we have left? I know...let's create the Russian boogeyman...maybe that will work...it's worth a shot Pete!
Old 07-16-2018, 03:19 PM   #15
thaskalos

Quote:
A good buddy of mine from Japan told me the Japanese didn't bomb Pearl Harbor either...

I'm inclined to believe inside job.
Your eyes are finally starting to open.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: