Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
firstoffclaim
Veteran

Rapid Redux

just won his 13th straight, 11-11 in 2011 all in starter allowances. It looked like he might get a challenge on the turn tonite at Penn, but he would have none of it.
firstoffclaim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

This horse is a freak, he would be competitive in some grade 1 races at this point. I believe he might be the best starter alw horse who ever lived.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Bruiser1

And he won his 14th straight at Mountaineer on Friday night.

In a time where Thoroughbred racing is suffering, why is this streak going so unreported?
Bruiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
...he would be competitive in some grade 1 races at this point...
Lets not get carried away.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
lamboguy

he's not that crazy, that horse would beat any of the 3 horses that won the tripple crown races this year by a mile.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
he's not that crazy, that horse would beat any of the 3 horses that won the tripple crown races this year by a mile.
No, he wouldn't.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
No, he wouldn't.
why because his number is not as good as the tripple crown horses?

i don't care how good those numbers are, none of those horses can beat RAPID REDUX if they ran the race 100 different times and at any distance that the race come up.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
RXB

Quote:
You're kidding, right? Because if you're not...
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
You're kidding, right? Because if you're not...
of course i am not kidding. i am not talking when those horses turn 4, i am talking right here right now. no way do those 3 year olds come close to this guy no matter what the numbers are.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
of course i am not kidding. i am not talking when those horses turn 4, i am talking right here right now. no way do those 3 year olds come close to this guy no matter what the numbers are.
So pretty much you think his trainer is an idiot for running him in starter races.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
So pretty much you think his trainer is an idiot for running him in starter races.
he's real smart a matter of face. he is just going real well right now. he probably would have a tough time beating older stake horses right now. as you know that is a far cry from running against 3 year olds this time of the year
Old 07-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #12
Bruiser1

Quote:
He's a starter allowance freak. Whether he's anything more isn't the point. For a horse to win 14 straight races, 11 wins in 11 starts in 2011, is something special, regardless of the level. Not only that, but he's been on the lead at the first call in all 11 starts this year, distances from 5 furlongs to 1 1/8 miles.

Why this guy and his streak isn't being promoted is beyond me.
Bruiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser1
He's a starter allowance freak. Whether he's anything more isn't the point. For a horse to win 14 straight races, 11 wins in 11 starts in 2011, is something special, regardless of the level. Not only that, but he's been on the lead at the first call in all 11 starts this year, distances from 5 furlongs to 1 1/8 miles.
On that point, I totally agree. I love any horse that can hold its form so consistently with such a regular racing schedule, and am only too happy to give him his due plaudits. But for somebody to say that he would easily beat Shackleford or Animal Kingdom-- it's just not reasonable.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
On that point, I totally agree. I love any horse that can hold its form so consistently with such a regular racing schedule, and am only too happy to give him his due plaudits. But for somebody to say that he would easily beat Shackleford or Animal Kingdom-- it's just not reasonable.
how is anyone of those horses going to get by RAPID REDUX? he doesn't let anyone get by him, and he has faced some real good horses with lots of back class in his last 14 races. this crop of 3 year' old horses were no world beaters. there are no seattle slew's or spectacular bids in this crop. maybe they can beat him in october, i say not now.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
RXB

Quote:
how is anyone of those horses going to get by RAPID REDUX? he doesn't let anyone get by him, and he has faced some real good horses with lots of back class in his last 14 races. this crop of 3 year' old horses were no world beaters. there are no seattle slew's or spectacular bids in this crop. maybe they can beat him in october, i say not now.
He's faced "real good horses?" Really good horses don't get drubbed in 5k starter allowances at Mnr.

I know that these 3YO's aren't world beaters but are you not even aware of the massive difference between a 5k starter and even a relatively soft Gr 1 race for midseason sophs? We're talking different planets here.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: