Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-12-2023, 01:29 AM   #46
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
If you do the opposite of what Cramer says, you make money
Sound advice.

I stopped watching Cramer over a decade ago because he reminds me of a carnival barker. The fact he pimped SBF, SVB late in the game doesn't surprise.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 01:32 AM   #47
fast4522

May be of interest,

fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 03:20 AM   #48
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
How this clown stayed employed all these years is beyond a mystery
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 09:07 AM   #49
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Roku Inc. allegedly had $850 million in SVB, with only the $250,000 FDIC type insurance protection.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/rok...ilure-25f9d1b5
Latest article about Roku. Number way less than what I posted above but still bad.

Quote:
Streaming devices maker Roku said Friday it had about $487 million, or 26% of its cash and cash equivalents, held in deposits with SVB Financial Group, which has been closed down by California banking regulators.
Roku in a regulatory filing also said its deposits with SVB were largely uninsured, sending its shares down 10% in extended trading.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/10/roku-w...n-valley-bank/
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 09:43 AM   #50
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Roku Inc. allegedly had $850 million in SVB, with only the $250,000 FDIC type insurance protection.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/rok...ilure-25f9d1b5
Paywall stopped me. But if your post is correct…..

Holy Phuck!
Old 03-12-2023, 11:38 AM   #51
United Puett
Veteran

Let's Go Brandon!

United Puett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 11:59 AM   #52
Inner Dirt

That is damning evidence, not! "some" experts said it "might" have caused the bank to manage it's risks better. You are starting to top Cliffy in posting useless crap. Also why aren't you blaming Biden for not putting back what Trump over turned?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 12:41 PM   #53
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Paywall stopped me. But if your post is correct…..

Holy Phuck!
Sorry, I forgot about the paywall.

I am not a doom and gloomer by any stretch of the imagination, but this SVB failure has all the earmarks of a coming collapse in the banking system, mostly among smaller or middle sized banks.

If a relatively small company such as Roku has such a huge uninsured amount of capital with SVB then how much money is really at risk when all is said and done?

Behemoths such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase, et al, are probably immune to this potentially coming carnage but you never really know until the tide rolls out before you see who was swimming naked.

SVB has been in business about 40 years with huge relationships in Silicon Valley across many, many industries. Plus there are those hedge funds who used banks such as SVB to hold their capital to trade and invest.

The days and weeks ahead will truly test all our mettle to say the least.

Maybe we should 'wait' for Jim Cramer to advise us all on our next move.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 01:56 PM   #54
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
How this clown stayed employed all these years is beyond a mystery
He is a very effected shill, one who has name recognition. If you want to control the masses it is good you have Jim Cramer to help making sure the last to lose money is you. Being last means others did better getting out first.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 01:57 PM   #55
boxcar

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot about the paywall.

I am not a doom and gloomer by any stretch of the imagination, but this SVB failure has all the earmarks of a coming collapse in the banking system, mostly among smaller or middle sized banks.

If a relatively small company such as Roku has such a huge uninsured amount of capital with SVB then how much money is really at risk when all is said and done?

Behemoths such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase, et al, are probably immune to this potentially coming carnage but you never really know until the tide rolls out before you see who was swimming naked.

SVB has been in business about 40 years with huge relationships in Silicon Valley across many, many industries. Plus there are those hedge funds who used banks such as SVB to hold their capital to trade and invest.

The days and weeks ahead will truly test all our mettle to say the least.

Maybe we should 'wait' for Jim Cramer to advise us all on our next move.
No, need. We have Yellen the Great at the helm and she has this all covered even though she didn't make one substantive statement in the article below. Not one!

Biden Admin Makes Major Announcement After Silicon Valley Bank Collapse

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-tre...hTbugApHFXc%3D
Old 03-12-2023, 05:32 PM   #56
boxcar

Federal Government Has 48 Hours to Fix ‘Irreversible Mistake,’ Billionaire Says

Home Depot founder notes that SVB collapse should be a 'wake up' call

Here are his remarks:

In a Sunday morning appearance on Fox News, Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus said that the bank’s collapse should be a “wake up” call for many Americans about the state of the U.S. economy.

“Maybe the American people will finally wake up and understand that we’re living in very tough times, that, in fact, that a recession may have already started. Who knows? But it doesn’t look good,” Marcus told the outlet.

He added: “I feel bad for all of these people that lost all their money in this woke bank. You know, it was more distressing to hear that the bank officials sold off their stock before this happened. It’s depressing to me. Who knows whether the Justice Department would go after them? They’re a woke company, so I guess not. And they’ll probably get away with it.”

“The Fed keeps raising rates and inflation keeps going in the wrong direction. It’s not staying where it should be. People are struggling. People can’t pay their bills. They can’t fill their tanks with gas. And if you think that’s a good sign, I don’t think it is. And we have an administration that’s obtuse to this. They just keep talking about the great times and how good it is. It’s not good,” Marcus told the outlet.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/federa...gaToFVdZkGU%3D
Old 03-12-2023, 06:06 PM   #57
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Didn't someone else earlier in this thread go through all the trouble of trying to explain this away as being the fault of the FED raising rates (fed chief appointed by Trump)?????

But...I guess...since Powell's term ended in 2022 and Biden kept him on for another four years, we can't really blame Trump anymore for Powell...and since you CAN'T BLAME BIDEN FOR ANYTHING, you've moved onto Dodd-Frank....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-12-2023 at 06:08 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 06:37 PM   #58
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Hearing through the grapevine that California banks have been calling security companies all over California asking for security during open hours. They are expecting a run on banks all over the state. Doing this over the weekend tells you how worried they are.

Police are being asked to guard the banks during open hours. This might be a mess……
Old 03-12-2023, 06:39 PM   #59
jimmyb

Surprised Yellen hasn't blamed it on climate change and white supremacy.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 06:45 PM   #60
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Hearing through the grapevine that California banks have been calling security companies all over California asking for security during open hours. They are expecting a run on banks all over the state. Doing this over the weekend tells you how worried they are.

Police are being asked to guard the banks during open hours. This might be a mess……
I smell a crisis in the making -- you know the kind that dimiwts love to exploit.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: