Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-02-2023, 04:45 PM   #526
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
You guys have to realize that this was a new virus that killed a lot of people in the early stages. Something had to be done. Were mistakes made along the way? Absolutely Now they are they are trying to cover up the mistakes they made because if this happens again with another virus and people don't trust the government it could turn out a lot worse
Why were the initial estimates of the case fatality rate so far off? Did the government incentivize deaths by paying for ventilator useage?

Yes, the next manmade virus could be alot worse ... and many could die.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2023, 06:55 PM   #527
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Which was ANOTHER LIE

Why did they LIE?

Aren't they supposed to be the side of SCIENCE and INTELLIGENCE?

Or are they mouth-breathing idiots just like me, only dressed nicer?

You get fucked. Where I choose to spend my time is irrelevant when it comes to getting fucked.

And also, btw, the "get fucked" wasn't supposed to be taken personally. But I'm not sad that you did.
What lie that the sick and old would die at a greater rate? That was true. I didn't take it personally. I guess i misinterpreted what you meant but man you have a lot of built up anger

Last edited by azeri98; 09-02-2023 at 06:59 PM. Reason: add
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2023, 06:56 PM   #528
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Why were the initial estimates of the case fatality rate so far off? Did the government incentivize deaths by paying for ventilator useage?

Yes, the next manmade virus could be alot worse ... and many could die.
Like I said, it was a new virus. They could only guess at the death rate and it was high at the beginning
Old 09-02-2023, 07:32 PM   #529
46zilzal
velocitician

I am quite sure that in future, many will evaluate this time as the period of the stupid virus overwhelming logic and fact as its main symptomology
Old 09-02-2023, 07:55 PM   #530
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
What lie that the sick and old would die at a greater rate? That was true. I didn't take it personally. I guess i misinterpreted what you meant but man you have a lot of built up anger
Wrong again, on both points

Point #1 - I wasn't talking about the sick and old dying at a greater rate. I was referring to THIS LIE: "They said young healthy people wouldn't probably be affected much at all but could transmit it to their older more vulnerable relatives or friends"

The lie being that taking the vaccine prevented you from transmitting...big fat lie

Point #2 - Any anger you interpret here from me, whether real or imagined, quickly dissipates once I close my browser...so no worries mate
Old 09-02-2023, 07:57 PM   #531
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
I am quite sure that in future, many will evaluate this time as the period of the stupid virus overwhelming logic and fact as its main symptomology
Since Sweden had the lowest excess mortality rate in all of Europe during the COVID pandemic, you would agree we should follow the Swedish model the next time we encounter a pandemic, correct?

Always remember...they never locked down...and I believe they never had a mask mandate.

Back in real-time, I believe you referred to this policy of Sweden's as MADNESS (as did mostpost and a whole lot of other people in the media and supposed "scientists")

Who is afflicted with the STUPID VIRUS, exactly?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-02-2023 at 07:59 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2023, 08:17 PM   #532
classhandicapper

Quote:
Like I said, it was a new virus. They could only guess at the death rate and it was high at the beginning
Actually, they were kind of lying.

They were using the number of deaths divided by confirmed Covid cases in the calculations, but there were a LOT of unreported cases because they were mild and went untested.

When Dr Loannidis did some population studies early in the pandemic he correctly calculated the IFR was much lower than people were saying at the time. He was repeatedly criticized by the media. I don't know if his estimates turned out to be correct, but he was correct in saying that the number of cases was way higher than they were using in their calculations. So the IFR was much lower.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-02-2023 at 08:27 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2023, 08:18 PM   #533
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
It was politics and corruption that caused many of the problems and it's politics and corruption that continue to cause problems.

I'm not sure why the left believed so many of the spins, lies, and scare tactics because they have generally not trusted the drug companies, but they do trust government and mainstream media and that's pretty much always an error.

The relationship between the drug companies, FDA, CDC, WHO, governments around the world, scientists, and media is from the bowels of hell.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-02-2023 at 08:29 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2023, 08:24 PM   #534
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I contend that there were far more people KILLED by the lockdowns then were saved from COVID death.

Think of all the people who lost their jobs...their businesses...their access to medical care (afraid to go to the doctor/hospital for fear of catching COVID)...people who lost their MINDS...committed suicide....think of all the excess deaths caused by the lockdowns.

No way did the lockdowns save more people then they killed, in my opinion.

That's why Sweden had the lowest excess mortality rate in all of Europe during the pandemic.

The people who thought lockdowns were a good idea were the ones genuinely afflicted with 46zilzal's so-called STUPID VIRUS.

Sweden proves this point spectacularly.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:14 PM   #535
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
I contend that there were far more people KILLED by the lockdowns then were saved from COVID death.

Think of all the people who lost their jobs...their businesses...their access to medical care (afraid to go to the doctor/hospital for fear of catching COVID)...people who lost their MINDS...committed suicide....think of all the excess deaths caused by the lockdowns.

No way did the lockdowns save more people then they killed, in my opinion.

That's why Sweden had the lowest excess mortality rate in all of Europe during the pandemic.

The people who thought lockdowns were a good idea were the ones genuinely afflicted with 46zilzal's so-called STUPID VIRUS.

Sweden proves this point spectacularly.
The decision to put tons of people on vents was a terrible one.
Old 09-03-2023, 11:00 AM   #536
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Actually, they were kind of lying.

They were using the number of deaths divided by confirmed Covid cases in the calculations, but there were a LOT of unreported cases because they were mild and went untested.

When Dr Loannidis did some population studies early in the pandemic he correctly calculated the IFR was much lower than people were saying at the time. He was repeatedly criticized by the media. I don't know if his estimates turned out to be correct, but he was correct in saying that the number of cases was way higher than they were using in their calculations. So the IFR was much lower.
Yes there were issues but the fact remains that a lot of people died in the early stages of COVID. New York had fridge trucks outside hospitals because the morgues were full. There were more deaths per capita during that time.
Old 09-03-2023, 11:04 AM   #537
azeri98

Quote:
Wrong again, on both points

Point #1 - I wasn't talking about the sick and old dying at a greater rate. I was referring to THIS LIE: "They said young healthy people wouldn't probably be affected much at all but could transmit it to their older more vulnerable relatives or friends"

The lie being that taking the vaccine prevented you from transmitting...big fat lie

Point #2 - Any anger you interpret here from me, whether real or imagined, quickly dissipates once I close my browser...so no worries mate
Yes that was a lie but they changed the narrative once they knew or the public could see that that wasn't true. Right or wrong at the beginning they might have thought they were going to lose a hell of a lot more people to this virus so they lied hoping people would be more likely to get the vaccine. Governments lie all the time about everything, sometimes its for a good reason, other times its not
Old 09-03-2023, 12:14 PM   #538
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Yes that was a lie but they changed the narrative once they knew or the public could see that that wasn't true. Right or wrong at the beginning they might have thought they were going to lose a hell of a lot more people to this virus so they lied hoping people would be more likely to get the vaccine. Governments lie all the time about everything, sometimes its for a good reason, other times its not
Take a step back, and rethink the bolded part (above.)

Quote:
"Governments lie all the time about everything, sometimes its for a good reason, other times it's not."
Allow me to present an alternate viewpoint:

There is NEVER a good reason to lie.

This applies to individuals, religions, companies, and governments.

Yes, governments.

Especially governments that censor, cancel, and imprison those who call them out on their lies.

In the entire course of human history:

The side doing the censoring has never held the true moral high ground.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 09-03-2023 at 12:18 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2023, 12:30 PM   #539
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

People accept government lies as benevolence, for some reason.

Just like the beaten wife continues to think her husband really loves her somewhere deep down inside.
Old 09-03-2023, 01:51 PM   #540
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Take a step back, and rethink the bolded part (above.)

Allow me to present an alternate viewpoint:

There is NEVER a good reason to lie.

This applies to individuals, religions, companies, and governments.

Yes, governments.

Especially governments that censor, cancel, and imprison those who call them out on their lies.

In the entire course of human history:

The side doing the censoring has never held the true moral high ground.

-jp
Especially when it's the government that decides what a "good" reason is. The government creates uncertainty and confusion to convince many people they are the solution when in fact, they are the problem. Just like Reagan said.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: