Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:35 PM   #4546
oughtoh

Best 5 consenus had 6 winners out of 9 races today at AQ.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #4547
cloud9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1298 View Post
I am using an old Sartin program from late 80's early 90's, but if u go to Greg's Web site under "free" There is a program by Colt Cannon "Race Profit" it has an early energy calculation for each horse included. The program itself is also pretty good.

Good hunting, Bob
Bob. I could not find an early energy calculation in Race Prophet. It dose have an energy calculation and first call and second call fraction buttons . Is it one of those ?
Old 11-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #4548
cloud9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
Bob. I could not find an early energy calculation in Race Prophet. It dose have an energy calculation and first call and second call fraction buttons . Is it one of those ?
Bob the energy calculation is for the first half energy consumption .
Old 11-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #4549
bob1298

% Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
Bob the energy calculation is for the first half energy consumption .
Yes that is the one you need. The others are velocity figures in feet per second. Also you might want to move the decimal ie, .523 = 52.3 this makes it easier to handle.

Last edited by bob1298; 11-30-2017 at 05:28 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 12-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #4550
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Has anybody gotten in touch with Greg recently?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #4551
kingfin66
Bombardier

I too have noticed that he has absent lately. Same thing with Replay Randall. I hope they are both alright.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #4552
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hello Mike:

I spoke with Greg very quickly the other day and he is doing fine, however, the poor guy is experiencing some technical difficulties regarding some vermin/miscreants attempting to hack the poor guys site, etc..

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 12-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #4553
TJC

PA,

When I received the Best 5 program, on Nov 27, he included a short reply to an email I had sent him the week before so I guess he is ok but busy as he said that my purchase and email had fallen through the cracks.

TJC
Old 12-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #4554
bob1298

Opinion Paceview

I am going to pass on some thoughts on Paceview and other programs in general. I started in this game in 1975, that was when you went and bought a form at the local News Stand and spent hours looking for a play. It was all pencil and paper then. We now have the wonderful world of computers. The problem is most all think its the magic black box and all you have to do is bet whatever it spits out and you will be a winner. Well if you noticed it does not work that way....period and I do not care who's program it is, and that includes Paceview. However, it is one very good tool at a very fair price. The bottom line is you must know your track, and all the details that the avg. player is to lazy to get. Things like Fractions, energy, turn time, form, and on and on. Is it a lot of work...you betcha!! But the rewards are great. Do I use a computer, I do, but I also still use pencil and paper, Let the computer do the grunt work, let the computer in your head make the decisions that the computer can't.

Wishing all great success, Bob
Old 12-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #4555
ldiatone

Quote:
I am going to pass on some thoughts on Paceview and other programs in general. I started in this game in 1975, that was when you went and bought a form at the local News Stand and spent hours looking for a play. It was all pencil and paper then. We now have the wonderful world of computers. The problem is most all think its the magic black box and all you have to do is bet whatever it spits out and you will be a winner. Well if you noticed it does not work that way....period and I do not care who's program it is, and that includes Paceview. However, it is one very good tool at a very fair price. The bottom line is you must know your track, and all the details that the avg. player is to lazy to get. Things like Fractions, energy, turn time, form, and on and on. Is it a lot of work...you betcha!! But the rewards are great. Do I use a computer, I do, but I also still use pencil and paper, Let the computer do the grunt work, let the computer in your head make the decisions that the computer can't.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:07 PM   #4556
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
i went to his facebook page and last post was Oct. i asked if he was Ok another person also asked. about him same post. and i went to his twitter page and nothing.. on his web site during the week, is there a Q and A person one can chat with? did not view on weekend.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #4557
green80

Quote:

If you have a good program, let it pick the contenders, then you have to use the tote board to see which one or ones are worth a play. More often than not the top contender is the race favorite. Thats when the second or third horse may be 6-1, 8-1 or better and that is where the money is made. You just have to figure at what odds level the contenders are worth a play, that is what takes a lot of record keeping. I have been profitable for the entire meet at some tracks using this method and Greg's programs. But I will say at some tracks nothing seems to work.

Last edited by green80; 12-09-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #4558
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
If you have a good program, let it pick the contenders, then you have to use the tote board to see which one or ones are worth a play. More often than not the top contender is the race favorite. Thats when the second or third horse may be 6-1, 8-1 or better and that is where the money is made. You just have to figure at what odds level the contenders are worth a play, that is what takes a lot of record keeping. I have been profitable for the entire meet at some tracks using this method and Greg's programs. But I will say at some tracks nothing seems to work.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:30 PM   #4559
Harmonicaslim

Greg phone home...

..."phone" home to the PA board, anyways. Merry Christmas wherever you are.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #4560
oughtoh

Green I watched DD tonight but did not do the Best 5 consensus. If you did it, how many winners did the consensus have? Thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: