Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > RDSS 2016 Ridersup Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge

Old 12-10-2015, 12:10 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

RDSS Ridersup 2016 Contest Rules / Prize Money

Sponsored by RDSS / SartinMethodology.com

RIDERSUP 2015-2016 AQUEDUCT INNER TRACK CHALLENGE RULES:

1. The object is to accumulate the largest bankroll, using P4 Wagers only, during the Aqueduct "Inner Dirt" meet. Each contest day, a player will be given a $200 allotment to construct his/her wagers.

2. The contest will be open on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays during the Inner Dirt meet, which will begin on December 12, 2015 and end on a yet-to-be-determined date in March/April 2016. (Subject date will be announce once determined.).

3. In order to be eligible for any prizes, a player must submit selections on at least 10 different contest days.

4. On any given contest day, a player may choose to play either the Early Pick 4 or the Late Pick 4. It is not an option to play both.

5. Should any of the Pick 4 races on a given day be cancelled due to inclement weather, that ENTIRE contest day will be considered VOID and no one will receive any winning credits to their score. Should a race be cancelled for any other reason, the Contest Management team will review and make the appropriate ruling on how/if to score.

6. The base wager amount for each ticket will be $1, and may be increased by $1 increments. Selections must be posted under the proper thread in order to be scored and count. Players are highly encouraged to review their selections for accuracy (using the PREVIEW BUTTON) before clicking the "Submit" button. To assist in scoring, the format listed below is highly recommended.

Early Pick 4
$1 --> 1,2,7,8,10 // 4,8 // 1,5,7,8 // 3,4,7,9 ($160)
$1 --> 1,2 // 4,8 // 1,2,4,6 // 4,7 ($32)
$8 --> 2 // 4 // 4 // 7 ($8)
Total = $200

Should a player wager MORE than $200 total, the selections will be adjusted by reducing the base wager amount of the last ticket by $1, then continuing until the entire group of tickets is in compliance. When a ticket and its associated total shown to the right are not in agreement, it will be assumed that the ticket is correct, and that the math showing its value is incorrect.

7. Selections and/or changes (edits) must be made at least one minute prior to off time of the first race in that Pick 4 sequence. Late selections or changes (edits) will be considered invalid and not scored. A player is responsible for the accuracy of their forum time stamp. Forum timestamps versus the official off time of the first leg will be the final determiner in any and all disputes.

8. In the event of scratches, the affected horse(s) will be replaced by the Post Time Favorite. Should one of those selections involve any entry, you will receive replacement of the Post Time Favorite ONLY if all runners associated with that entry are scratched. Otherwise, you will have action with the other horses associated with that entry that DO run. Equibase and/or Daily Racing Form results chart payout numbers shall serve as the basis for determining winning tickets.

9. In an effort to encourage and reward good skill, a player's total winnings for any given contest day will be capped at $5,000.

10. The official scorekeepers for this contest will be davew and LAP_520. Self-reporting is acceptable, but not required.

11. The Ridersup contest management team (PaceAdvantage, davew & LAP_520) or their designated representative(s) shall have final say on all matters.

Prize Money Distribution (all prizes will be paid via PayPal.com, no exceptions):
1st Place - $200.00
2nd Place - $125.00
3rd Place - $75.00

Additional BONUS prizes to the Top 3 finishers if they are also RDSS Subscribers as at March 1, 2016:

1st Place - $150 bonus prize
2nd Place - $100 bonus prize
3rd Place - $50 bonus prize

SPECIAL BONUS PRIZE: The first person who hits with a single pick in each race wins a $50 gift card from fellow user 098poi. ($1 --> 5 // 3 // 6 // 1 for example). Single picks only. You do not qualify if your ticket ends up being a single as a result of a late scratch. The ticket can be any qualifying bet amount. You would win if it were a $1 ticket and you'd also win if it were a $200 ticket.

If more than one person hits on the day (for instance, one has a winning singles ticket in the early Pick 4, and another person has a winning singles ticket on the late Pick 4, they would split regardless of how much the Pick 4 pays. If more than 2 hit on 1 day, the prize will be doubled to $100 and split equally.

This is a one time only prize, meaning the first time it is hit, there will be no further prizes offered should it be hit again later in the contest.

BONUS GIFT CARD RULE ADENDUM
AS OF 1:18am ET on 12/12/15, YOU MUST SPECIFICALLY INDICATE WHICH "SINGLES" TICKET YOU WISH TO BE DESIGNATED FOR 098poi BONUS GIFT CARD ELIGIBILITY. Any wise guy who enters 200 $1 straight tickets as their selections for the day in order to "game" the system will NOT be eligible for the bonus prize if their ticket is time stamped after 1:18am ET on 12/12/15.

Anyone who has already placed their picks prior to 1:18am ET on 12/12/15 is NOT affected by this rule change, and any single ticket listed that happens to hit will win or share in the bonus prize.

Please indicate clearly which ticket you want to submit as your bonus gift card play. Something along the lines of typing ***GIFT CARD BONUS*** next to the ticket would suffice.

GOOD SKILL and have fun.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-12-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Very nice contest PA!

I like it I shall participate as well. Should be lots of fun. Do we post in this thread?
Old 12-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Very nice contest PA!

I like it I shall participate as well. Should be lots of fun. Do we post in this thread?
There will be a thread for each contest day - make sure you post in correct day your picks for that day.

Special holiday racing days are also included in contest -- we will come up with a list in next few days.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
Ted Craven

Thank you PA for the renewal of this contest! And thanks to davew and to LAP_520 (Larry P) for scorekeeping duties. It's great to be sponsoring a Contest at PaceAdvantage again - thanks for the opportunity. I came 2nd in this contest in 2014 (and hit 2 $5000 caps). Looking to exceed that this year

Welcome to all the RDSS players from PaceandCap.com. I have a great new version of RDSS coming out sometime in Q1 next year, and hope to talk and demo a little about it.

Good luck, good skill to all!

Ted

Old 12-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
098poi

PA I am willing to offer up a special bonus prize. The first person who hits with a single pick in each race wins. $1 --> 5 // 3 // 6 // 1 for example. Single picks only and not ends up with a race being a single because of a late scratch unless the user changes the format. Any price on the bet and it would go by the day so if 1 early and 1 late hit they would split regardless of how much they won. If more than 2 hit on 1 day I can double it and do an equal split. I can put in a $50 gift card as a prize. After it's gone it's over! Let me know.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:51 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Some minor changes have been made to rule #7.

Also, I added to the bottom the fact that Ted Craven is offering $300 in additional bonus prizes to the top three finishers if they are also RDSS Subscribers as of March 1, 2016.

THANK YOU TED!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:52 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Very nice contest PA!

No, a new thread is created for every day of the contest. Saturday's thread has been up since yesterday...you can see it listed here:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/f...play.php?f=104
Old 12-11-2015, 12:54 AM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi
PA I am willing to offer up a special bonus prize. The first person who hits with a single pick in each race wins. $1 --> 5 // 3 // 6 // 1 for example. Single picks only and not ends up with a race being a single because of a late scratch unless the user changes the format. Any price on the bet and it would go by the day so if 1 early and 1 late hit they would split regardless of how much they won. If more than 2 hit on 1 day I can double it and do an equal split. I can put in a $50 gift card as a prize. After it's gone it's over! Let me know.
Sounds great to me! I'll put it in the official rules.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:03 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Rules have been amended once again to add 098poi's generous offer of a bonus $50 gift card. Details at the bottom of the initial post in this thread.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #10
davew

The holidays included in this years contest that are not a regular Saturday or Sunday are ->

Jan 1 - new years Friday
Jan 18 - MLK Monday
Feb 15 - Washington/Presidents Monday
Old 12-11-2015, 08:26 PM   #11
horses4courses

Last year, if I recall, there was a rules acceptance thread for all contestants.
Not so this year?
Old 12-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #12
LAP_520

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Last year, if I recall, there was a rules acceptance thread for all contestants.
Not so this year?

Have not seen one... Once a contestant posts a Pick 4 ticket in any of the designated threads, we feel they have read the rules and will abide by them.

One other note, the Official Results will be coming from the Aqueduct results.

Updated Player standings with the bankroll amounts will be posted as soon as that is able to be done.

Please bear with davew and myself, as there will be some days that there will be a lapses in posting the standings.. but we should be in sync around January 2016

Any issues or questions please feel free to ask.

Good Luck.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #13
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP_520
Have not seen one... Once a contestant posts a Pick 4 ticket in any of the designated threads, we feel they have read the rules and will abide by them.

One other note, the Official Results will be coming from the Aqueduct results.

Updated Player standings with the bankroll amounts will be posted as soon as that is able to be done.

Please bear with davew and myself, as there will be some days that there will be a lapses in posting the standings.. but we should be in sync around January 2016

Any issues or questions please feel free to ask.

Good Luck.
Fine by me.
Thanks for helping out with this again
Old 12-12-2015, 01:22 AM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There has been an addendum to the official rules concerning the 098poi bonus gift card:

BONUS GIFT CARD RULE ADENDUM
AS OF 1:18am ET on 12/12/15, YOU MUST SPECIFICALLY INDICATE WHICH "SINGLES" TICKET YOU WISH TO BE DESIGNATED FOR 098poi BONUS GIFT CARD ELIGIBILITY. Any wise guy who enters 200 $1 straight tickets as their selections for the day in order to "game" the system will NOT be eligible for the bonus prize if their ticket is time stamped after 1:18am ET on 12/12/15.

Anyone who has already placed their picks prior to 1:18am ET is NOT affected by this rule change, and any single ticket listed that happens to hit will win or share in the bonus prize.

Please indicate clearly which ticket you want to submit as your bonus gift card play. Something along the lines of typing ***GIFT CARD BONUS*** next to the ticket would suffice.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-12-2015 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:48 AM   #15
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Being totally new to horizontal betting, I had to research the ways to construct a pick-4 ticket efficiently, yada yada...this online calculator was a big help

-check it out

http://swiftthoroughbreds.com/multimedia-calculator.php

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: