Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-03-2017, 12:01 AM   #151
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
The peanut gallery is heard from.

I challenge you to find one, just one, political meme I've ever posted on the forum.

Some of you guys sure feel threatened by me.
Where did he say you posted any memes?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 12:20 AM   #152
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Some of you guys sure feel threatened by me.

Thank you. I think we all needed a laugh after all of the bad news today.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:23 AM   #153
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Interesting vid
Old 10-03-2017, 12:24 AM   #154
Clocker

Could someone post a picture of a meme? I have never seen one, and I am skeptical of their existence.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:32 AM   #155
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but there is a lot not adding up with the narrative we are being fed. I saw this and another video that shows flashes coming from the 4th floor.

Who knows if we'll ever know the truth.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:40 AM   #156
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but there is a lot not adding up with the narrative we are being fed. I saw this and another video that shows flashes coming from the 4th floor.

Who knows if we'll ever know the truth.
Those windows are sealed shut( Actually panes of tinted glass, not windows).....There's no evidence of any other windows busted out except for the 2 on the 32nd floor.....Reflection of a flashing light off the window on 4th floor could come from anywhere. Sound of auto-rifle bursts coming from above at the same time.

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 10-03-2017 at 12:43 AM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #157
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Paddock brought "in excess of 10" suitcases to the hotel, Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said.
It was not immediately clear when Paddock began bringing those suitcases in, and his activity apparently went unnoticed. One reporter at the Monday afternoon briefing asked Lombardo from off-camera: "No one thought the wiser?"

Paddock had 23 firearms in his 32nd-floor hotel suite, along with thousands of rounds of ammunition.

http://www.businessinsider.com/las-v...edium=referral
Old 10-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #158
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Paddock brought "in excess of 10" suitcases to the hotel, Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said.
It was not immediately clear when Paddock began bringing those suitcases in, and his activity apparently went unnoticed. One reporter at the Monday afternoon briefing asked Lombardo from off-camera: "No one thought the wiser?"

Paddock had 23 firearms in his 32nd-floor hotel suite, along with thousands of rounds of ammunition.

http://www.businessinsider.com/las-v...edium=referral
I heard earlier that they said staff had been in and out of his room but noticed nothing. That I have a difficult time believing. Is this the result of the mindset of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?"

They also said he "built a platform" to have a better angle. Maybe or maybe not that'd be noticed. Maybe it was just the coffee table pulled up to the window.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 01:28 AM   #159
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Those windows are sealed shut( Actually panes of tinted glass, not windows).....There's no evidence of any other windows busted out except for the 2 on the 32nd floor.....Reflection of a flashing light off the window on 4th floor could come from anywhere. Sound of auto-rifle bursts coming from above at the same time.
Good stuff.....thanks
Old 10-03-2017, 01:32 AM   #160
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I heard earlier that they said staff had been in and out of his room but noticed nothing. That I have a difficult time believing. Is this the result of the mindset of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?"

They also said he "built a platform" to have a better angle. Maybe or maybe not that'd be noticed. Maybe it was just the coffee table pulled up to the window.
It's my understanding that the Mandalay gives $20 vouchers per day for those who decline housekeeping services....I believe Paddock declined those services.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:36 AM   #161
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
It's my understanding that the Mandalay gives $20 vouchers per day for those who decline housekeeping services....I believe Paddock declined those services.
That's what I'd have thought, yet they said they'd been in and out of the room. Maybe it was erroneous reporting.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 01:44 AM   #162
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Or he just kept everything in cases and containers.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/l...otels-50240846

"The Mandalay Bay in particular hosts three, four, five conventions a day and it's not unusual for guests to have containers in their room," Barth said. "It would not be the common practice for housekeepers to get into those containers while they're cleaning the room. And as a matter of fact it would be just the opposite. Housekeepers are trained to respect guests' privacy, to not interfere with their items."

Last edited by FantasticDan; 10-03-2017 at 01:47 AM.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 01:49 AM   #163
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Or he just kept everything in cases and containers.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/l...otels-50240846

"The Mandalay Bay in particular hosts three, four, five conventions a day and it's not unusual for guests to have containers in their room," Barth said. "It would not be the common practice for housekeepers to get into those containers while they're cleaning the room. And as a matter of fact it would be just the opposite. Housekeepers are trained to respect guests' privacy, to not interfere with their items."
Good article giving another perspective of what might have happened...
Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #164
woodtoo

I know 1 thing, he did NOT act alone!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #165
Clocker

As usual, the actions of one nut job brings a bunch of other nut jobs out into the light.

Lena Dunham is apparently some kind of 3rd rate celebrity, and clearly incapable of rational thought.

Quote:
Lena Dunham @lenadunham No way not to politicize this tragedy. It's about gender & race as well as access to guns. Considering it random is comforting & dangerous.
5:45 PM - Oct 2, 2017
The professional gun grabbers were out in force, never letting a crisis go to waste. People got shot? Let's hold a press conference in front of the Capitol. Maybe raise some money while we are at it.

Quote:
Gun-control advocate and former astronaut Mark Kelly, the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), said on Capitol Hill today that President Trump’s message of “thoughts and prayers” for the families of the victims affected by the Las Vegas shooting is insufficient to stop gun violence.
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...oting-not-now/

And of course guns and violence always brings Nancy Pelosi into the spot light spouting her usual drivel about gun control laws aren't stopping violence so we need more gun control laws. Her solution? We need another Congressional committee, of course. And not just any committee, a "Select Committee". I think that's the congressional equivalent of double secret probation.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-congressional