Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:01 PM   #46
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Pace

Dave

Will you be able to "tackle" Hong Kong? I know, that seems impossible, but
just a "wish"/"dream". This whole program sounds exciting!! Hope all goes well for you!!

Crest
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2015, 10:21 PM   #47
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Will you be able to "tackle" Hong Kong? I know, that seems impossible, but just a "wish"/"dream". This whole program sounds exciting!! Hope all goes well for you!!
Sorry, but that would be a completely different data set and paradigm. IOW, a different program.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #48
Mr.XXX

Things I'm hoping for

Which you likely are already doing:

Adjusted lines to "today's exact distance" instead of generic 6F & 8½F.

And to continue that, internal route to sprint with / plus the actual 2f & 4f splits of the route.
And, are you adjusting by some energy cockamamie to factor the horse would've run even faster at the shorter distance; doesn't matter if you do this latter-- just wanting to know.

A number for the portion between pace call and stretch call & number for entire distance up to that point(yes it's inexact-- but very helpful, esp. the former).

Knowing there's already 1+3 & 2+3-- would be nice to be able to toggle by "the addition of any two other such numbers columns of our choosing".

Thank you kindly.
Mr.XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2015, 12:05 AM   #49
Mr.XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge
Dave

Will you be able to "tackle" Hong Kong? I know, that seems impossible, but
just a "wish"/"dream". This whole program sounds exciting!! Hope all goes well for you!!

Crest
I'm totally with you on this-- I think a poll will magically appear very soon...
Old 10-01-2015, 12:58 AM   #50
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Adjusted lines to "today's exact distance" instead of generic 6F & 8½F.
Today's track-surf-dist

Quote:
And to continue that, internal route to sprint with / plus the actual 2f & 4f splits of the route.
Of course.

Quote:
And, are you adjusting by some energy cockamamie to factor the horse would've run even faster at the shorter distance; doesn't matter if you do this latter-- just wanting to know.
Plus age adjustments, maiden penalty (bet you never heard of that one), adjustment for "class," and just a plain old "I want to change this rating" adjustment.

All user-definable, as are lengths-per-second (call-by-call, if you'd like).

Quote:
A number for the portion between pace call and stretch call & number for entire distance up to that point(yes it's inexact-- but very helpful, esp. the former).
In our current software we use ratings rather than feet-per-second. We have all of the possible fragments covered.

Quote:
Knowing there's already 1+3 & 2+3-- would be nice to be able to toggle by "the addition of any two other such numbers columns of our choosing".
Not sure if I want to go that deep but the "Object Writer" will probably handle that for you.

How about adjustments for Jockey variants and post-position+running style? (Just a couple of the future things I have planned (i.e. not in first release).

How about Sheet-style Numbers and Form Cycle analysis?

This is going to be a tremendous program.

December 25th, under your Christmas tree. (Or Menorah.)
Old 10-01-2015, 06:46 AM   #51
Partsnut
BetMix User

Hi Dave,

Lot's of luck on your latest project.

Will your software be able to handle turf races?

Does your software put any of the Ray Taulbot angles into play?
Does it in fact incorporate any of Ray Taulbots concepts?

Will the software have access and use HDW's historiclal database to project the finish of any given race regardless of track, distance and surface?

What are the softwares limitations? What type of races can the software handle?
What type of races won't it handle?
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2015, 10:48 AM   #52
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Will your software be able to handle turf races?
Of course.

Quote:
Does your software put any of the Ray Taulbot angles into play?
Does it in fact incorporate any of Ray Taulbots concepts?
Being unfamiliar with the specifics, I would have to say, no. AT least in the first release.

Quote:
Will the software have access and use HDW's historiclal database to project the finish of any given race regardless of track, distance and surface?
No. All data comes from new downloads and whatever older downloads you have added to your database.

In other words, a current HSH user will will have access to his entire database, as will the new user of PMTR. (NOte: You do not get the HSH program, but the programs share some of the same file structures.)

Quote:
What are the softwares limitations? What type of races can the software handle?
What type of races won't it handle?
Any Tbred race run in North America would be the logical answer. Technically, steeplechases from TBred tracks, but no quarters or Arabians.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 AM   #53
mikesal57
Veteran

1) As per data files....can DRF files be used?
If not...how much will it cost us?

2) Can you run queries on today's races?
Ex:

Say you want to see all horses rank 1st in F1 & aslo have F2 <= 2nd rank & at odds >= 8

thxs

mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #54
LemonDropKid

Dave,

Will it have the following:

1. Ability to build track model and track profile for Win, Place, Show and even Fourth place horses.

2. View track model and track profile detail for a specific time period or number of races. Some of the programs today just give you an average. I would like to see the range of the data. For example, average E/P is 2 but a look at the data shows the majority of the horses were ranked 1 or 2.

LemonDropKid
LemonDropKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #55
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
1) As per data files....can DRF files be used?
If not...how much will it cost us?
No, just HDW. By subscription or by daily download. Still working on cost.

Quote:
2) Can you run queries on today's races?
Ex:

Say you want to see all horses rank 1st in F1 & aslo have F2 <= 2nd rank & at odds >= 8
Probably not quite like that, but similar. In other words, not free-form but template-driven.

Quote:
1. Ability to build track model and track profile for Win, Place, Show and even Fourth place horses.
Yes, and even better than that. I am very much into metrics.

Example:

Look at a model's R2. (i.e. rank of 1 should finish 1st, rank of 2 should finish 2nd, etc.)

There will be a whole bunch of ways to interpret the model, including using the neural network.

Quote:
2. View track model and track profile detail for a specific time period or number of races. Some of the programs today just give you an average. I would like to see the range of the data. For example, average E/P is 2 but a look at the data shows the majority of the horses were ranked 1 or 2.
Yes, and much more.

Example: Filtering on races with similar number of front runners or similar pace pressure. (Metrics, metrics, metrics.)

The theme is use what you want and don't even show the rest (if you don't want to). And, the software will remember your choices.

Keep the questions and ideas coming. This is a great exercise for me to make sure that nothing is left out.

I've got to say that I have not had this much fun in years. Really enjoying this new adventure.

We're going on vacation today - to visit our son in Vancouver, BC for a few days. He is a set designer on the new Planet of the Apes movie that is filming there.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #56
atlasaxis

Dave,

Will you have a BL/BL (fair odds line)? Thanks.

Tom
Old 10-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #57
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Will you have a BL/BL (fair odds line)? Thanks.
Yes, one driven by your choices.
IOW, there will be a "value proposition."
Old 10-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #58
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
I've got to say that I have not had this much fun in years. Really enjoying this new adventure.

We're going on vacation today - to visit our son in Vancouver, BC for a few days. He is a set designer on the new Planet of the Apes movie that is filming there.
Dave, if anyone can pull this one off, you would be in my top choices of minds that could do it.... I am looking forward to it's completion...Good luck with you new adventure, it should be a good one given your history with such things...

Have a good and restful vacation Dave Schwartz...
Old 10-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #59
Mr.XXX

I'm flabbergasted!

I just simply cannot believe all this stuff I'm reading, I also have not had this much fun in years.
It's gonna be for me A Christmas Story, PMTR = my "official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle."

BTW Congratulations on your son's success.

Years ago on the old elevated rail lines up there folks used to ride in Blazers, they'd fit just right, negating the need to use steering wheel.

Thank you, Mr. Abacano!(old deVito / Albano movie)
Old 10-01-2015, 05:22 PM   #60
Partsnut
BetMix User

Dave,

I like what you are saying and appreciate your direct responses.
My last questions would be as follows;:

1 - Will your software be web based (interactive).?

2 - If your software is interactive, can I run it and access the data files on my "Android" tablet without losing any of the features that I would normally get on my computer?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Tom Hambleton.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-08-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply