Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-06-2020, 12:20 AM   #1
Aner

Longshots in trifetca

Did you ever feel snake-bit? I have seen 3 horses with the highest odds fill the trifecta before, but not with odds as high as this. I bet this is a new high when adding the odds of the 3 trifecta horses. These are the 3 horses I told everyone to not bet.

Mth 9th 7/5/20

#1 Promise Illgetyou----off at 107:1-----216.00, 83.00, 32.00
#2 So Hot----------------off at 65:1--------------, 44.40, 21.20
#4 Shoeless--------------off at 107:1--------------------, 34.00

If my calculation is correct, you could expect a score like this once every 750,000 races.

― John Pfeiffer
Aner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #2
stuball

the answer

I will be looking to bet in 750,000 races
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 08:14 AM   #3
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aner View Post
Did you ever feel snake-bit? I have seen 3 horses with the highest odds fill the trifecta before, but not with odds as high as this. I bet this is a new high when adding the odds of the 3 trifecta horses. These are the 3 horses I told everyone to not bet.

Mth 9th 7/5/20

#1 Promise Illgetyou----off at 107:1-----216.00, 83.00, 32.00
#2 So Hot----------------off at 65:1--------------, 44.40, 21.20
#4 Shoeless--------------off at 107:1--------------------, 34.00

If my calculation is correct, you could expect a score like this once every 750,000 races.

That tri was a gyp. A once on a lifetime score that should have paid much more than it did. I would have been pissed if I had it.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #4
castaway01

I thought the trifecta was low too, but the race result was so incredibly random that I'm not sure what we can take from it other than it was a freak event.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #5
Zman179
Registered Wacko

That tri was super low at $11,000 for a deuce. Numbers players, perhaps?
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman179 View Post
That tri was super low at $11,000 for a deuce. Numbers players, perhaps?

IDK, seems low,

and the first-glance heuristics I can think of (pool-size, field size, form, etc...) get mostly dismissed by the raw WPS payouts posted ITT.

If you were on some 1/750,000 race 'system' from hell, it SUCKS... but if you were some knucklehead who played his house number or 'baxed the three longest shots for a 'lotto' ticket, you're on cloud nine.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
That tri was a gyp. A once on a lifetime score that should have paid much more than it did. I would have been pissed if I had it.
Seemed light to me at first glance, too. If my calcs are right the hit rate on the exacta was lower than the tri which seems weird but is probably purely randomness. I was surprised so many people hit even the exacta. There was about $90,000 to distribute in the exacta pool, so there were 9 $1 winning bets, but the tri rate was a little higher. I guess the lower denomination on the tri helps create the higher hit rate and thus lower price.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 09:44 PM   #8
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Seemed light to me at first glance, too. If my calcs are right the hit rate on the exacta was lower than the tri which seems weird but is probably purely randomness. I was surprised so many people hit even the exacta. There was about $90,000 to distribute in the exacta pool, so there were 9 $1 winning bets, but the tri rate was a little higher. I guess the lower denomination on the tri helps create the higher hit rate and thus lower price.
I believe there was $9 bet on the winning trifecta. I don't know for sure because I don't know what their takeout is.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #9
iwearpurple

I was wondering if anyone on pace advantage took Aner's throw outs and boxed the 3, just to do it.
iwearpurple is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 10:41 PM   #10
metro

Turf routes at Monmouth yesterday looked like they favored inside trips, and to a degree speed. This is from the charts for that race:

PROMISE ILLGETYOU raced off the pace inside, advanced on the rail in upper stretch, angled out at the sixteenth marker, made a late run
and was just up for the win. SO HOT showed good early speed to set the pace, showed the way into the far turn, shook free again at the furlong
marker, dug in gamely and was caught at the wire. SHOELESS raced off the pace inside, saved ground on the far turn and rallied mildly inside

Would have never had it but know guys that live for these type of bets, where it's a function of how a track is playing more so than who the best horses are.

.10 cent super box with the 5 inside horses ($12) would have gotten 25K.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 11:31 PM   #11
iwearpurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Turf routes at Monmouth yesterday looked like they favored inside trips, and to a degree speed. This is from the charts for that race:

PROMISE ILLGETYOU raced off the pace inside, advanced on the rail in upper stretch, angled out at the sixteenth marker, made a late run
and was just up for the win. SO HOT showed good early speed to set the pace, showed the way into the far turn, shook free again at the furlong
marker, dug in gamely and was caught at the wire. SHOELESS raced off the pace inside, saved ground on the far turn and rallied mildly inside

Would have never had it but know guys that live for these type of bets, where it's a function of how a track is playing more so than who the best horses are.

.10 cent super box with the 5 inside horses ($12) would have gotten 25K.
Actually, another winner would have cut the payoff to $12,975 and pennies. Nevertheless, a good payoff. There was only 1 winning ticket on the superfecta.
iwearpurple is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 11:45 PM   #12
marksinger

Did anyone think that with these results a drug test could've been in order??
They had to be the worst 3 horses in the bunch.
Makes me wonder.
marksinger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 12:06 AM   #13
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksinger View Post
Did anyone think that with these results a drug test could've been in order??
They had to be the worst 3 horses in the bunch.
Makes me wonder.

I do believe the top 3 finishers in any race are tested, so looks like you'll get your wish. Is there any jurisdiction where all the horses in the money aren't subject to a post-race sample?
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 06:19 PM   #14
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
I believe there was $9 bet on the winning trifecta. I don't know for sure because I don't know what their takeout is.
I believe you are correct. Pretty sure the tri takeout is 25%.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 06:42 PM   #15
depalma113

The $.10 super paid nearly $26k with one of the two chalks in 4th.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply