Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #61
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
No. Nor pick3, pick 4, pick 6, trifecta rarely, exacta frequently, win/place mostly. No interest in most multiple bets.
Well, what I mean is that the exotics exist mainly for an appeal to the new player that is attracted just by the gaming aspect. If racing could get one of those guys in the door to play P3's all weekend starting with $200 and ending with $206, you could grab some of the cash he's churning and everybody would be happy. Not everybody expects to win, so even the losers wouldn't be pissed if they managed to play all weekend.

And, they might come back next weekend to pay you back by trying to get some of your cash.

jdl
Old 11-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #62
Tom Barrister
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnielu
I wouldn't recommend it either, you are to well on your way to stunning and overwhelming success to take any detours with me.

jdl
You're targetting the wrong person. I've tried to be reasonably civil, but since you want to play dirty, so will I.

I went ahead and got your three Ebooks (no, I didn't buy them---I got them from somebody I know who did). As proof, here is a screen capture from the opening section of your Exacta Magic Ebook:

I read all three books from beginning to end, including the supposed entire Keenleand meeting workout of your numbers, which was supposed to show how wonderful the ratings are. I can understand why people don't understand how to use your ratings---you make very little effort to explain how they're used. The reader is left to read between the lines and guess what to do.

The handicapping is 100% arbitrary. You do one thing in one race and an entirely different thing in a similar race (and of course, you'll say they aren't the same thing). You say one thing in one book and take a different approach in another book. Instead of using the numbers as-is, you HANDICAP with them. Numerous references are made to looking at the Form, your handicapping is very subjective---to the point of redboarding the winners. There is certainly no quantifiable methodology to it. In some races you do things one way, and in others, you do things the opposite way----and of course it always ends up with the winners, even after disqualifcations. Put bluntly: You're fitting the handicapping to the top four order of finish, and I'm 100% certain of that. Nobody can hit as many Pick-3s, Pick-4's, Trifectas, and Superfectas as you claim to, especially not at Keeneland----unless of course, they're redobarding them.

As for you personally, you're nothing new or interesting. We've had people like you on here many times in the past. They arrive, along with their various clones, friends, etc., get busted by the savvy readers here, and leave. They're easy to spot: every one of them cops an attitude like you've done. Every one of them flaunts how well they do and how stupid everybody else is. We've had plenty of hucksters trying to peddle their wortheless warez. Most fail miserably.

Anybody who reads this thread and buys or subscribes to your service or seminars for any reason besides amusement deserves to be parted with his/her money.

Feel free to have the last word here. Anything you say should be taken as meaningless and without substance.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-03-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Language
Old 11-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #63
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Barrister
You're targetting the wrong person, asshole. I've tried to be reasonably civil, but since you want to play dirty, so will I.

Feel free to have the last word here. Anything you say should be taken as meaningless and without substance.
I'm still standing here.

jdl
Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #64
cj's dad

Quote:
I'm still standing here.

jdl
Where is here? The masses want to know
Old 11-04-2008, 02:50 AM   #65
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Where is here? The masses want to know
I responded to several of your posts and it's become obvious that you are an untouchable quantity on here.It just makes me hate you that much more!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #66
Hajck Hillstrom
Deftly Rated

Thumbs up Thanks gents....

...for your diligence with this thread.

I just read it from start to finish, and if that isn't Jonnielu's display case I hear snapping shut.... it should be.

Caveat Emptor
Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #67
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
I responded to several of your posts and it's become obvious that you are an untouchable quantity on here.It just makes me hate you that much more!!!!
Maybe thats why my friends call me Elliot Ness

And remember hate is a form of love
Old 11-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #68
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Your posts were removed because of their overt sexual nature, which is against board policy. Address the issue at hand in an adult manner, or don't address it at all.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #69
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Actually, to be fair, I have looked at his ratings and gotten some words of instruction off-forum and I have to say what he has here is a logical method to use the Ability and Early speed ratings in conjunction. the key, I believe to you filter that through the visual inspection of the horses. I have handicapped some races before they were run and came up with a couple of winners and could see why others won that I didn't.

Different people use CJ numbers, HTR, and HSH differently, so it comes down to if this method fits your style, or if you are willing to change your style to fit it.

I dont think "snake oil" applies here, as I can see someone putting in the work and following instructions doing well with this. I posted, half in jest, that this was a hell of a way to market, alienating people, but that is John's call.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #70
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajck Hillstrom
...for your diligence with this thread.

I just read it from start to finish, and if that isn't Jonnielu's display case I hear snapping shut.... it should be.

Caveat Emptor
That's an interesting post Hajck, it causes me to wonder. If my ratings are so obviously without value as an indication of a horses run today, why would anyone have an interest in closing my display case?

jdl
Old 11-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #71
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Actually, to be fair, I have looked at his ratings and gotten some words of instruction off-forum and I have to say what he has here is a logical method to use the Ability and Early speed ratings in conjunction. the key, I believe to you filter that through the visual inspection of the horses. I have handicapped some races before they were run and came up with a couple of winners and could see why others won that I didn't.

Different people use CJ numbers, HTR, and HSH differently, so it comes down to if this method fits your style, or if you are willing to change your style to fit it.

I dont think "snake oil" applies here, as I can see someone putting in the work and following instructions doing well with this. I posted, half in jest, that this was a hell of a way to market, alienating people, but that is John's call.
You surprise me Tom, thank you for your fairness. You touch on a point that those with unfairness in mind have not mentioned. I have said many times that study of the ratings has taught me more about the realities of horse racing then all of the handicapping books that I have read.

I am not unlike many here, I have read quite a few in my time.

Tom Barrister acquired 3 Ebooks that were likely sold along with 30 days of ratings for $4.95. I wouldn't think that to be as large a threat to the consumer as it may be to the racing information industry.

I am happy to hear that you have put some study into it, Tom. That is all that I am trying to motivate. My style has always alienated some. Of that group, those that remain alienated are only those that see me as a threatening competitor.

jdl
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #72
john del riccio

This thread is the definition of "bad publicity is better than no publicity at all".

John
Old 11-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #73
Bruddah
Veteran

What planet did you come from?

Quote:
Let's see? You have 88 posts and have posted a half dozen dumb remarks. Including "hating" someone for being well thought of by a cyber community. Old Daddy'O has made 10X that many posts and is respected. Yeah, you're right he is untouchable. Thanks for reminding us why we might "hate" you. What a dweeb!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #74
Hajck Hillstrom
Deftly Rated

Quote:
... why would anyone have an interest in closing my display case?

jdl
My question to you is why you wouldn't? I'm not dismissing the value of your numbers, just your ability to sell them.

I think they work fine for you, and you should continue to utilize them.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #75
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Isn't the truck driver the first person here to admit he bought them?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: