Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #31
ny0707ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
Monster trucks? She happend to be the biggest horse in the race.
I ment chasing down Big Brown.

Gotta go guys! Fun chat!
ny0707ny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #32
russowen77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny0707ny
We got two groups here on this one. I don't think fillies should be chasing monster trucks. If someone thinks it is ok fine.

Proud Spell might have given her a run but I think she might have actually beat her. Country Star didn't deliver that day so Proud Spell would have been her only match.
Just my opinion but I think she would have killed Proud Spell. She ran a race here that she got clobbered at the start. Kiss of death for most animals. It didn't even seem to bother her. Settled down and destroyed an admitedly short field.

In this race she was worn out but just kept running. Huge heart. This one is going to me for a long time.
russowen77 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #33
russowen77

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
Rags to Riches at a mile and a half?
Was Rags to Riches ever the same again?? Not in my opinion.
russowen77 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #34
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

I'm just curious how you all think that she would've had such a massively low chance of breaking down yesterday, vs. today. Because she would have run much slower yesterday?

By that logic, every fast filly should be retired, lest they risk running fast. What the hell, lets retire all the fast boys while we're at it.

Last edited by chickenhead; 05-03-2008 at 07:36 PM.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #35
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Respect for a GREAT HORSE , 8 BELLES

I think that this thread should be about a GREAT HORSE, 8 BELLES, who if one big freak'n horse BB did not run today, then we would be mourning the 134th KY Derby Champion.

I think this is not the thread to discuss sponge or dirt track ,whether she belonged or not, this is for the respect that we should be showing for a
GREAT HORSE, 8 BELLES, may she REST IN PEACE.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #36
The WindfallAngler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind squirrel
can Horse Racing,a sport with a multitude of problems,have a more horrendous
conclusion to it's premier event?
On the whole, doubtful. Hard to imagine, in fact.
The WindfallAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #37
DeanT

If it wasnt this week, it would have been next week Chick, or next week.

I am beginning to think the best horses in this game are freaks, who try so hard, that they put themselves at risk everytime they step on a racetrack. With speed breeding and all the rest, it happens more often now than before.

All mo.

I am a Big Brown fan, and it is dichotomous because I can't personally stand Dutrow, but that race just made me ill. Sometimes I wonder why we all love this sport. It is so tough to watch sometimes.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #38
MidwayCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WindfallAngler
On the whole, doubtful. Hard to imagine, in fact.
She could have won. That would top it.
MidwayCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #39
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

You know I tried everything I could do to get Big Brown off the top row in my super but he was just too much for this field. My buddy had the filly 3rd and I had her 2nd but after looking at BB so long I decided that she couldn't stand what he had waiting and if she did she'd die, literally, in the stretch trying to catch him. So, I took her off my ticket. Dang, what a shame this had to happen to her, what heart she had. I don't want to ever hear again that she had no business in this race! What a horse, filly or not, she had the class.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 08:44 PM   #40
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
Rags to Riches at a mile and a half?
Yeah !! Whats that filly doing out there beating up on those colts ? They could get injured chasing her down !!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #41
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
I think that this thread should be about a GREAT HORSE, 8 BELLES, who if one big freak'n horse BB did not run today, then we would be mourning the 134th KY Derby Champion.

I think this is not the thread to discuss sponge or dirt track ,whether she belonged or not, this is for the respect that we should be showing for a
GREAT HORSE, 8 BELLES, may she REST IN PEACE.

Patrick
Good post, Patrick

I waited a few hours before I came back here because I was too upset, needed some time, and knew I'd find some dang-dumb posts about Eight Belles...and running fillies vs colts in general.
I cannot stop thinking about Larry Jones and what he's going through...they cleary had a deep bond... I hope that he knows in his heart he did the right thing running Eight Belles...she deserved to be there and she prooved everything the nay-sayers are screaming against right now, aka the dang-dumb posts.
She was a Champion.
RIP

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #42
tomcalta

WHAT!?

Should have run her with the boys?
She beat most of them... running with the boys did not lead to her demise. Its not like they savagely knocked her down and beat her... .
"The capacity to enjoy: so few people have it. Most citizens live lives of such routine and drudgery and are so concerned abut security that they cannot imagine how delicious uncertainty is. A gambler may have as many periods of frustration as he does exhilaration, but at least he knows he's alive." - Andrew Beyer

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-04-2008 at 04:11 AM.
tomcalta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #43
AlanBaze

What happen to Rags to Riches, Winning Colors, MMMM Ruffian. Seems like the Monsters will literally run themselves into the ground. These phillies may have the ability, and the heart to run with the boys, but to me it obviuos there not built to.
AlanBaze is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #44
ny0707ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBaze
What happen to Rags to Riches, Winning Colors, MMMM Ruffian. Seems like the Monsters will literally run themselves into the ground. These phillies may have the ability, and the heart to run with the boys, but to me it obviuos there not built to.
That is the point I was trying to make here. I actually got nervous when I saw her chasing Big Brown in the stretch. Most other sports you seperate the guys form the girls for the same reason. I thought more would be with me on this I guess not. Only a few are. I don't take anything from her. She did great in this race though.
ny0707ny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #45
JPinMaryland

Well so far this thread has to got to be tops for dumbest postings. And Im sorry to have to say that because I feel for the filly and connections

But gee whiz, she broke down in the gallop out! For Chrissakes she must have gone another furlough w/ no sign of anything.

Look at the tape again and try to think about what was a very freak break down. There are plenty of freak breakdowns in the sport..
JPinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply