Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: So who do you think will win the Haskell?
Cable Boy 2 2.82%
Imawildandcrazyguy 2 2.82%
Stormello 3 4.23%
Xchanger 2 2.82%
Curlin 28 39.44%
Hard Spun 15 21.13%
Any Given Saturday 18 25.35%
It's a dead heat! 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. This poll is closed

Old 08-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #16
Stevie Belmont

No higher then 5/2

Curlin will be the fav with AGS 2nd Choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john del riccio
I'd take 4-1 on AGS.

John
Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #17
Stevie Belmont

Yes I did see that...the entry dead heated...it was wild.

An old timer told me he saw two entries dead heat for 1st and 2nd....1 and 1A and the 2 and 2b...Hard to believe, but he said he saw it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2227
Who do you guys think will win the Haskall? My vote is Cable Boy all the way! Hes undefeated and I hope he stays that way. I love him. - on another note rather then start a new thread for this I'll just post it here. Any one see Monmouth this past Saturday? In race two the entries dead heated! Thats something one will probably only see once in a lifetime. Any way. Would love to hear your guys comments on the Haskall. I will be heading down to Monmouth this Sunday to watch live.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #18
joeyspicks

Curlin (surprise !)

Curlin .....fairly easy

Hard Spun
joeyspicks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #19
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Joey, I agree and by the way nice job on the contest.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
point given

Cable Boy is getting a MAJOR class test in here with these heavy heads. No doubt he is very talented, BUT............... Is Stormello going to go in here ??? If he does , it will be advantageous to both Curlin and AGS. If he doesnot go, then Hard Spun could have a nice shot. I wouldnot be suprised to see Cable Boy sit off, instead of go, as his connections had planned it last time and the track was so speed favoring that he had to be close up to have any chance. I'll wait for the draw and how the track is playing that day tthough. Its too hard to theorize it otherwise, not knowing the variables. Should be one of the better Haskells though, and a free hat to boot !
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #21
ghostyapper

Sucks that drf doesn't have haskell as one of their races of the week. Instead we get the test stakes and the john c mabee handicap.
ghostyapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #22
Robert Fischer
clean money

If AnyGivenSaturday can ignore the pace for a little while , Curlin will have to be sharp to catch him.

Pletcher moved this horse up from the first time he tried to stretch out in good company.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #23
classhandicapper

I think Curlin and Hard Spun may be a tad better than AGS on their best, but both are coming back off long tough campaigns while AGS is a relatively fresh horse that just moved forward.

I'd love to see Hard Spun verify his Derby and Preakness form with a good ride either setting a moderate pace or sitting just off a faster one, but I think there's at least some risk they squeezed the lemon dry and we've seen his best until he gets a real rest (which means never because he'll be retired).

I would probably make Curlin a slight favorite over AGS and HS the 3rd choice.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-02-2007 at 05:47 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #24
tomcalta

CURLIN

I had the pleasure of watching Curlin school in the paddock yesterday afternoon in between races at Monmouth. WOW! what an absolutley gorgeous horse. I didnt even bet the race that was about to go off because i was gawking, most left after taking a picture or two but i stayed and watched him the whole time. Looks extremely fit, great disposition, ears perked in every direction and at every minute sound. Just a beautiful animal. They saddled him and walked him around the ring then he went on his merry way. I took about a thousand pictures with my phone... here's a few:

"The capacity to enjoy: so few people have it. Most citizens live lives of such routine and drudgery and are so concerned abut security that they cannot imagine how delicious uncertainty is. A gambler may have as many periods of frustration as he does exhilaration, but at least he knows he's alive." - Andrew Beyer
tomcalta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #25
Kelso
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcalta
I had the pleasure of watching Curlin school in the paddock yesterday afternoon in between races at Monmouth. WOW! what an absolutley gorgeous horse.
They schooled him again Friday afternoon. That guy has front legs like a quarterhorse! Nice animal.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #26
Stevie Belmont

Great shots for a phone. He looks like a beast. Will be up close and somewhat personal on Haskell day. Will post some snaps. Looks like Point Given a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcalta
I had the pleasure of watching Curlin school in the paddock yesterday afternoon in between races at Monmouth. WOW! what an absolutley gorgeous horse. I didnt even bet the race that was about to go off because i was gawking, most left after taking a picture or two but i stayed and watched him the whole time. Looks extremely fit, great disposition, ears perked in every direction and at every minute sound. Just a beautiful animal. They saddled him and walked him around the ring then he went on his merry way. I took about a thousand pictures with my phone... here's a few:

Old 08-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #27
ponypro
Veteran

Cable Boy will not have encounterd the likes of Hard Spun who I suspect will be "sent". It sets up very nicely for Curlin and Any Given Saturday
ponypro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #28
Ron

I can't believe that this race isn't on ESPN. Women's tennis again.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yeah, the best race of the weekend and nowhere on the telly....

FOr the record, I will be betting Cable Boy, but I think AGS is the best horse here....figure that!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #30
classhandicapper

I haven't seen all the races today, but a quick look at the charts suggests the inside is the best place to be and it doesn't hurt to have some speed.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply