Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
rolling

MOnmouth park

Me and my other half plan on takeing a trip to monmouth this weekend.Any opinions from other members who have visited the track,is it a clean place,prices ect.We will be traveling from long island is it worth a day trip.Most important any trac bias to look for.
rolling is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
john del riccio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling
Me and my other half plan on takeing a trip to monmouth this weekend.Any opinions from other members who have visited the track,is it a clean place,prices ect.We will be traveling from long island is it worth a day trip.Most important any trac bias to look for.

If you want to do your other 1/2 right, Call the PR department and rent a partierre box. You are up a few levels on the clubhouse side in your own private box with a TV and they serve you food and drinks right there. Its a short walk to the tellers and you will have a great view of the horses as they come in from the barns and when they warm up.

As for track bias, MTH has been very speed favoring but when ut was wet last week, speed wasn't as dominant as it has been. Watch the first race and is its a merry-go-round race with unusually fast times for the class of horses, itys probably a speed favoring strip.

JOhn
john del riccio is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
tomcalta

Great! another BENNY on the Jersey Shore...

haha just kidding. We don't mind the hard working folk coming down. and a fellow 'capper? no problem. It's the cheap rich ones that come down on wknds to their beach houses and drive like a**holes and leave garbage everywhere. (they typically drive BMWs, have a million bratty kids and don't tip their waitresses) Those are the ones we don't like... You'll see what i mean.

Monmouth is the greatest race track on the east coast. Its too bad most of the higher ups have their heads up each others a**es and don't know how to sell it well enough to let it take off... but its not a surprise cuz everything wrong with this state is because of its politics.

Anyway, John is absolutely right. This track is lightning this year. Almost every record has a new time since the meet began in May... and some of these records stood since the late 80's. IMPO, I don't like to play the rail, it seems to be the slowest. Local trainers do well at this track (Kelly Breen, Ben Perkins, Tony Wilson, Tim Hills) but when Frankel, Mott, Dutrow, Pletcher, or any of the big boys come in they usually steal it, and you can sometimes get good prices on them... (i stress sometimes). Bravo is the big fish in the little pond here, rides all the favs. I like to play Castro or Chris DeCarlo, sometimes CC Lopez.

Cool places to go before or after: Breakfast- Either head down toward the beach and go to Pier Village where theres really nice restaurants right on the beach (rte 36 E all the way down), or if you want to hang with track people you could go to Miller's on Broadway (shabby little place). For dinner- Go back to Pier Village, Zachary's, or the Sitting Duck (the latter are tracker hang outs). Bars- West End, Long Branch; Pier Village; Red Bank; Sea Bright. ( I can elaborate more if interested).

Have fun! If you lose to much got to the beach... little secret: At the West End beach there are the hottest girls and if you walk onto the beach with a fishing pole, you don't pay admission.

Good Luck!
"The capacity to enjoy: so few people have it. Most citizens live lives of such routine and drudgery and are so concerned abut security that they cannot imagine how delicious uncertainty is. A gambler may have as many periods of frustration as he does exhilaration, but at least he knows he's alive." - Andrew Beyer
tomcalta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
Imriledup

Quote:
Its a great, clean track. You'll have a great time and be back. Its worth a day trip.
Imriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Bill Olmsted

Monmouth has been pretty hospitable to early speed this season running on average about a second faster than par. It is an honest track. Most sprints are run at 5.5 or 6 furlongs so won't have to worry about very short or long dashes. My advice is to look for good speed out of the gate.
Bill Olmsted is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #6
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

Quote:
Most important any bias to look for.
Yes Bravo,Bravo and more Joe Bravo!
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #7
tomcalta

Hopefully Castro will pick it up and take him down this meet.
"The capacity to enjoy: so few people have it. Most citizens live lives of such routine and drudgery and are so concerned abut security that they cannot imagine how delicious uncertainty is. A gambler may have as many periods of frustration as he does exhilaration, but at least he knows he's alive." - Andrew Beyer
Old 07-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #8
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Joe Bravo is still the man. I used to love to bet on him down in Fla when the big jocks had left. He cleaned up at much better prices than in Jersey.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

handicap the horses first..

Joe Bravo will almost always be bet heavily by the public
seperate his mounts

the races where Bravo has truely the best animal - key him or pass

all other races - must include Bravo

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 07-24-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Monmouth is a wonderful place to go, you'll enjoy yourself. It's almost like taking a trip back 40 years when you enter Monmouth. As I type this, I think about being in the open air grandstand eating an ice cream cone.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
point given

tom posted

" Have fun! If you lose to much got to the beach... little secret: At the West End beach there are the hottest girls and if you walk onto the beach with a fishing pole, you don't pay admission.

What kind of fishing pole, tom !
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #12
tomcalta

o man. I'd like to say that was intended but i actually didnt even catch that myself. hahaha.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: