Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
chuckster1968

DRF Championships

Just wondering? I have a seat for this for over a year? and it seems the DRF is taking a long time to have the finals. Geez, its April. I sent a message to DRF tourney customer service. Their reasoning was that it conflicted with other tournaments??? and waiting for management to make a decision. This is an online tournament, people plays dozens of tournaments at a time. Sites like Horsetourneys and Horseplayers have no issues. Anybody have an opinion or complaint about this.
chuckster1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2019, 11:12 PM   #2
Parkview_Pirate

Not sure what's going on at DRF. Qualified for the NHC there a few years ago, but whenever I've checked it out in the last six months or so, it seems pretty lean.

I don't understand at ALL how they can have round 1 and round 2 feeders without a hard date for the finals. I've played the free tourneys on Wednesday's a couple of times, but have not even remotely considered depositing any more funds.

If there was a Better Business Bureau for tournaments, I'd be on the horn askin' questions....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2019, 08:54 AM   #3
chuckster1968

Ya

Well, the drf newspaper advertising Sundays... at times front page to get people into this. I agree, many tournament players are allured and enamored with the NHC, because of the tour format, but obviously people with money are able to go around to all these tourneys plus online and gather tour points and seats to the championships in Vegas. I mean DRF has the money..to put into this, not sure why they are not trying a similar format. Their feeder tournaments are a better cost in most cases but many, like you said, the pickings are slim and none.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:29 AM   #4
Immanuel Kant

My opinion......

The contest will not run until they have enough entries so they can make a profit. You might be waiting a very long time.

Ask them how many entrants are qualified as of today for the final that is "yet to be scheduled."

How can the small player compete against whales, bots and rebates? Fixed Odds!
Immanuel Kant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
chuckster1968

Yes it is frustrating Mr. Kant. I spoke with customer service and they offered me a $5000 payout if I wanted out. I mean I am willing to wait if they are trying to build the field and make it a big payout. Obviously, they are having trouble competing with HorseTourneys and Horseplayers. I would think that such a large publication as the DRF would have the resources to put forth a competitive site such as Horsetourneys and the NHC. It seems they are not willing to do this with offers only in a handful of tournaments. Their feeders are cheaper than Horsetourney, but it seems the owner of Horsetourneys has taken a large share of this type of online gambling site. The connections to certain tourneys etc. I have seen a drop off in tourney offers to Vegas and seems to be more offers to Track events such as Gulfstream, Woodbine, Keenland, Monmouth etc. So long story short, it seems they are only willing to put forth a certain budget towards a smaller amount of tournaments. I am not a rich person, and tournament play is very tough...
Old 04-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #6
Immanuel Kant

Take the payout!

I repeat

Take the payout!

IF (and it's a big IF) the contest is scheduled you can always buy in....but that $5,000 is yours.....go get it!

How can the small player compete against whales, bots and rebates? Fixed Odds!
Immanuel Kant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
chuckster1968

contemplating it.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #8
chuckster1968

FYI, I do not have to take the payoff. I can wait, obviously I have the record of my winning a seat. And when they hold it, I have a chance to win more and I have the skills to win it all.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #9
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster1968 View Post
FYI, I do not have to take the payoff. I can wait, obviously I have the record of my winning a seat. And when they hold it, I have a chance to win more and I have the skills to win it all.
I think the point was more there's no guarantee they'll hold the contest, or that they'll hold it in the near future. The money in hand now can be used for things, like entering other contests.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #10
chuckster1968

Well it would be nice to find out what other players that have qualified feel about this?
Old 04-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #11
chuckster1968

The DRF should be ashamed, I have spoken to Customer service several times and their VP of Gaming. The VP would not even answer my emails. I figured out there are 16 people who have qualified with another qualifier scheduled Kentucky Derby Day. Obviously, 5gs is a steep price to pay when they plan to have the final championship as a buy in. I guess Big players with Big money would be willing. All I know, the DRF has sure looked bad in my eyes in terms of their customer service and getting an answer and setting a date.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #12
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster1968 View Post
The DRF should be ashamed.
After 50 years of capping.I have to agree.
Now longer do I even consider this publication as "The Bible of Horseracing" ,any more, it is time to close it now!
Never thought I would say that but.....Shameful what greed created!
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2019, 10:52 AM   #13
chuckster1968

Hilarious

DRF CEO returned my email. He writes that they are sorry for not informing the customers of tournament play regarding their so-called DRF World Championship. I was told and I paraphrase " Due to unforseen events that have arisen, we are not able to tell you or if an actual final will take place.

WOW...WOW...WOW... they are still holding 11USD feeders Wed. to Sunday. Also 22USD feeders to qualifiers and 480 USD to the big final. I was also told they will make a public announcement in a couple of weeks. Now, I went back through the tournament site, and figured that 20 people have actually qualified through the channels on their site.

The 1st final last year had 111 people being reduced down to a final 20 for the last day. So, I would be curious to know, why no answer again, Secondly, obviously large players have the money to pay the 5g final entry fee. Anybody have any idea what Unseen events mean? Are they telling the public that the DRF has no money, do they want more payout, I am not an American, but would it not be illegal to continue holding feeders and qualifiers without having a final.. Sounds like embezzling, sounds like a huge lie, sounds like they can not draw enough people. 100-200 people of big time players can certainly afford to pay for this? What in gods name is going on? Its been over 16 months.

Thoughts...
Old 04-27-2019, 01:08 AM   #14
Teentrifecta

Well I'm not totally up to date with the all important online horse racing qualifying contests federal legislation (I'm sure its right up there with southern border/China trade war issues though) but I'll echo what was already posted...... Get your $ out of these people while you can in case this goes south.

If the final happens you can buy back in so why risk it? Why keep worrying about it? You have absolutely no upside with a 5k downsize and are playing with fire. Cash out and move on.
Teentrifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2019, 02:13 PM   #15
chuckster1968

Still holding tourneys, makes no sense.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: