Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #136
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I didn't say rigged I said attempted to rig. And yes I find it interesting that the Soviet dictator of our geopolitical rival for the past 70 years was staunchly in the same corner as you guys as to who he wanted leading the US.
There's no solid public evidence that Putin tried to rig the election let alone had any impact. All we have is assertions by the intelligence community. They are unwilling to make the data public. We also have the mainstream media (whose mental health is approximately equal to that of a rabid dog) trying to spin everything into something.

But to address you main point, I'm a libertarian.

There are different types of libertarians. I identify with those that are are staunchly anti communist, anti totalitarian, anti fascist but very free market and sound money oriented.

I have almost as much in common with Putin as many liberals, democrats, mainstream media members, and the management that runs companies like Facebook, Twitter etc...

I have more in common with the head of the Russian central bank than Yellen and Bernanke.

Sure, I still despise a lot about Putin and how he runs Russia, but I'd welcome better relations with Russia. 35 years ago I would have considered a guy like Putin to be the devil. But now, I find myself agreeing with him on all sorts of things that liberals are against.

It's not surprising that so many libertarians enjoy writing for or appearing on RT (especially world class investors). It's because RT has a better grasp on on what's going on in US markets than the mainstream in the US. Actually, more likely, is that RT is unafraid to tell the truth about the US. But that's still saying something that you have a better shot at getting the truth from RT. And of course. that's why RT is under attack from our government. The last thing they want is for Americans to know the truth.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #137
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Sure, I still despise a lot about Putin and how he runs Russia, but I'd welcome better relations with Russia. 35 years ago I would have considered a guy like Putin to be the devil. But now, I find myself agreeing with him on all sorts of things that liberals are against.
Like...!?!?

Kind of an alarming statement from you.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #138
classhandicapper

Quote:
Like...!?!?

Kind of an alarming statement from you.
I agree with him that western civilization (especially Europe) is declining in part because we've dismissed Judeo Christian values in favor of moral relativism (can you imagine an ex Communist saying that lol).

When the Soviet Union fell, Russia made it clear it needed a buffer between itself and western Europe. The former Soviet satellites were supposed to be off limits as far as NATO went. If I was him I also would have taken Crimea back once the western nations interfered in Ukrainian politics and it became clear they were going to try to add Ukraine to NATO. Crimea was too strategic to give up. What the west was doing in Ukraine was way out of line even though our media spun it differently.

I agree with his efforts on getting Russia out from under the US Dollar monetary system because it's unsound and gives the US too much control over the policies of other countries (not always for the good of the world).

The woman he put in charge of his central bank is a brilliant market oriented thinker based on the limited stuff I've seen in interviews with her on how she's trying to run Russia.

I could probably go on for awhile if I refreshed my memory.

Maybe the guy is totally full of crap, but he is saying and doing a lot of things I agree with. That's why RT is popular in libertarian investment circles.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-05-2017 at 04:31 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #139
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Again I'm not a ****ing liberal and if they are irrelevant why reply.

Putin favored Trump because he perceived him to be "soft" compared to the other candidate. That has largely been confirmed. Trump didn't want to sign on to the Russian Sanctions but honestly had no choice given these investigations and the fact it had massive bi-partisan support.

I give zero ****s about anything else in this post as again its an attempt to change the subject.
Again, so what? Every leader in the world will have their opinions, which can turn out right or wrong. He already had the displeasure of knowing Hillary. Him not wanting to deal with her only shows that he's rational at least in that respect.

I remember the reporting of Osama "endorsing" Obama. It's kind of hard to forget. No doubt the press didn't play it up a lot. Now when you put those two in a google search you just get stuff about his death. Ever since then I've used it as proof that it means a hill of beans who some notorious bad guy "endorses." I steadfastly hold that one can't blame any politician, Repub or Dem, for the undesirables who support them.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #140
upthecreek

From the" You can't make this stuff up" Files

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 05:53 PM   #141
chadk66

I propose that if Mueller can't charge Trump with anything, the cost of this whole fiasco should come out of the DNC campaign chest.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 05:54 PM   #142
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Again, so what? Every leader in the world will have their opinions, which can turn out right or wrong. He already had the displeasure of knowing Hillary. Him not wanting to deal with her only shows that he's rational at least in that respect.

I remember the reporting of Osama "endorsing" Obama. It's kind of hard to forget. No doubt the press didn't play it up a lot. Now when you put those two in a google search you just get stuff about his death. Ever since then I've used it as proof that it means a hill of beans who some notorious bad guy "endorses." I steadfastly hold that one can't blame any politician, Repub or Dem, for the undesirables who support them.
So...

You don't actually have anything you just make a statement and it isn't tied to any sort of proof?

Hillary was extremely tough on Russia and attempted to stone-wall and contain them. The same thing EVERY Republican has been doing since the Age of Reagan. That is until Trump came along.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:00 PM   #143
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:

I remember the reporting of Osama "endorsing" Obama. It's kind of hard to forget.

Are you sure you're not confusing Bin Laden with Colin Powell?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #144
MONEY

Quote:

Osama endorsed John Kerry, not former President Obama.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #145
woodtoo

Quote:
So...

You don't actually have anything you just make a statement and it isn't tied to any sort of proof?

Hillary was extremely tough on Russia and attempted to stone-wall and contain them. The same thing EVERY Republican has been doing since the Age of Reagan. That is until Trump came along.
Yes now I remember how that re-set button stone-walled Russia er I mean dumb-founded them.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #146
garyscpa

Quote:
So...

I don't think it was the Russians that Republicans hated; it was the Communists.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #147
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Yes now I remember how that re-set button stone-walled Russia er I mean dumb-founded them.
There is plenty of stuff on the reset to read if you want. The reset never happened as the administration learned quickly it wasn't possible with Putin. Read some of the leaked Hillary emails to see where she stood on Putin.

There is a big difference between words and actions.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 12-05-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #148
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
I don't think it was the Russians that Republicans hated; it was the Communists.
Soviets.

And they're still Soviets. Russia has and always will be an oligarchy.

The book Empires Apart or anything on the Kievan Russ will shed some light on how ass backwards Russia's always been.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 12-05-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:11 AM   #149
reckless
Veteran

Quote:

There is a big difference between words and actions.
Yes, I agree; a big difference, such as Trump talking about 'grabbing some p&#sy because a millionaire can' as opposed to raping and sodomising women just like Bill Clinton regularly did.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2017, 08:19 AM   #150
garyscpa

Quote:
Soviets.

And they're still Soviets. Russia has and always will be an oligarchy.

The book Empires Apart or anything on the Kievan Russ will shed some light on how ass backwards Russia's always been.
The difference is Communists try to spread Communism, oligarchies don't try to spread oligarchy.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: