Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #31
jasperson

Bris speed figures Sat

I did 3 tracks sat. and this is how bris speed figures did. I use the average of the last 2 races in my oddsline program because my data says that is the most predictive factor.

SAR GP Mth
1 $3.40 2 $3.60 5 $5.80
3 $5.40 3 $5.40 6 $6.00
4 $7.40 4 $2.80 7 $3.20
9 $14.40 6 $7.20
11 $2.70 9 $4.60
10 $10.00
I don't know who's speed figures are the best. I have used them all. My friend at the track use equibase and most of the time we have the same horse as the top speed. Bris's speed figures made a profit on the 3 tracks sat,but that doesn't always happen or I would be rich.
jasperson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #32
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Sorry. I just can't trust someone's opinion if they only have four posts since 2008 and whose English is not his/her native language.
To be fair, I've tried handicapping with brisket & it's totally useless as a handicapping tool & if your a vegan, useless for anything.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 08:11 PM   #33
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...the guys at Equibase/Trackmaster should be arrested for impersonating the real figure-makers.
now now the figs are good. there are a few software programs that use them.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
now now the figs are good. there are a few software programs that use them.
IMO...the Equibase figures have been laughable ever since Trackmaster "recalibrated" them about a decade ago. When these figures were calculated on a smaller scale, and the 3-digit figures were practically unheard of, Equibase had the best speed figures around. But now that the figures have been recalibrated by using a different scale, and the 3-digit speed figures are commonplace...Equibase is the proud owner of the worst speed figures known to man.

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:33 PM   #35
eldee wins

My english

I'm an American! Excuse me, I was typing fast, I was in a hurry. Don't knock them until you compare all 4 products side by side. That's what I've have done. Yes, I agree they were even better until they change them. I have hit many many big tickets especially using track master flash net product. Instantly narrow down contenders in minutes. Today, I posted my picks at delmar for the late pick4, I hit the late pick3 and late double. Using crappy equibase/track master product. But no,I don't win all the time. But who does!👍🇺🇸
eldee wins is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #36
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...the Equibase figures have been laughable ever since Trackmaster "recalibrated" them about a decade ago. When these figures were calculated on a smaller scale, and the 3-digit figures were practically unheard of, Equibase had the best speed figures around. But now that the figures have been recalibrated by using a different scale, and the 3-digit speed figures are commonplace...Equibase is the proud owner of the worst speed figures known to man.

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Trackmaster had pretty good figs and pace figs up until that stupid decision to merge with garbage. I was buying daily results for a couple of tacks to get the numbers. After the change, I dropped TM and never looked back at it.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #37
GMB@BP

I honestly cannot use figures that have very little human input which Bris and TM do not have.

To each their own though, whatever it takes to win.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 08:08 PM   #38
ICR

Thank you all for your input

A big thanks for all the input .... Guess there is more to handicapping data than just DRF or BRISNET ... Will have to look into them

And to those who would choose Mary Ann over Ginger .... Well great minds think alike
ICR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #39
jasperson

[QUOTE=GMB@BP;2216205]I honestly cannot use figures that have very little human input which Bris and TM do not have.

To each their own though, whatever it takes to win.[/QU
Have you ever heard of human error? If humans have anything to do with it there are bias and prejudices and just plain errors that enter into it. I will take computer generated speed figures over any adjusted by humans. I can look at the speed figures for the last 4 race and his best speed at this distance and surface and have a good idea of what the horse is capable in today's race. That is all I require for speed figures.
jasperson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #40
GMB@BP

[quote=jasperson;2216468]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I honestly cannot use figures that have very little human input which Bris and TM do not have.

To each their own though, whatever it takes to win.[/QU
Have you ever heard of human error? If humans have anything to do with it there are bias and prejudices and just plain errors that enter into it. I will take computer generated speed figures over any adjusted by humans. I can look at the speed figures for the last 4 race and his best speed at this distance and surface and have a good idea of what the horse is capable in today's race. That is all I require for speed figures.
To each their own like I said.

I have used the Timeform figures for the better part of 12 years and think they are just better.

Doesnt make me right and anyone else wrong, just my opinion.

Also to be fair, comparing Timeform-Sheets type numbers which include adjustments for various factors to say Beyer or Bris etc which are just a straight figure based on variant number is apples and oranges. So maybe its not a fair discussion.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:09 PM   #41
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
just from what i view. and if i am wrong correct me. after viewing a sample of the stats lens, it reminds me of TMs plus pro. just more clicking on plus pro. it does not give the true odds but it looks like a different format. plus its offered by TM
Stats Race Lens is not a TrackMaster or Equibase product, per se, as it was developed by Stats. It is sold via TrackMaster, Equibase and other (ADW) web sites so it makes sense it may be assumed it is a TM or Equibase product.

Stats Race Lens does have some elements of Plus Pro but that's just a small part. Stats (with 40 years of sports analytics experience) used their expertise for the True Odds module. Other elements are new such as the angles module, while others are enhanced from Plus Pro such as research and past performances as there are many more categories that can be looked at and filtered on or off.

I will be covering some of the features on this Thursday's webinar.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #42
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
Stats Race Lens is not a TrackMaster or Equibase product, per se, as it was developed by Stats. It is sold via TrackMaster, Equibase and other (ADW) web sites so it makes sense it may be assumed it is a TM or Equibase product.

Stats Race Lens does have some elements of Plus Pro but that's just a small part. Stats (with 40 years of sports analytics experience) used their expertise for the True Odds module. Other elements are new such as the angles module, while others are enhanced from Plus Pro such as research and past performances as there are many more categories that can be looked at and filtered on or off.

I will be covering some of the features on this Thursday's webinar.
I will check it out, thanks for the heads up, where is this webinar located??
Old 09-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #43
ubercapper

Quote:
I will check it out, thanks for the heads up, where is this webinar located??
https://register.gotowebinar.com/reg...05522053246209
Old 09-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #44
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
Is this archived, with work no chance I can watch this then? Sorry to be a pain.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #45
ubercapper

Quote:
Is this archived, with work no chance I can watch this then? Sorry to be a pain.
Yes they are all archived. Here's the link to last night's webinar

Previous webinars are here:
http://www.equibase.com/content/webi...s-webinars.cfm