Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #46
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well, this one has proven long ago that it ain't it...it does a terrible job of actually killing people, all things considered.

Cigarette smoking does a much better job here in the US.
Covid-19 loves smokers, the vape crowd has died more in the younger age group with this virus. I think those inside old age homes often come from a time when the population smoked in much larger percentages. People die relatively in the same numbers year to year, and the data suggests some uptick for the last several years maybe due to a aging population shift. A question maybe some might think about is who died in 2020 that were going to die in 2020 anyway?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #47
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
the vape crowd has died more in the younger age group with this virus.
SOURCE?
Old 12-19-2020, 05:15 PM   #48
fast4522

Something I read many weeks ago to do with this virus and people with compromised lungs and those smoking packets of fake reefer that the main ingredient acetone.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:18 PM   #49
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Something I read many weeks ago to do with this virus and people with compromised lungs and those smoking packets of fake reefer that the main ingredient acetone.
That's definitely NOT vaping...lol

What it actually is, is more CUCKING by the media...having you believe vaping is almost as bad for you as smoking regular cigarettes....Jesus it never ends...
Old 12-19-2020, 05:35 PM   #50
fast4522

To move slightly in the subject, I have a friend who is a GM in a large store who requires drug tests. Anyway they retired a fool like 32 who passed tests but his lungs were shot because he and others went on breaks to vape. The same store had a girl in her 20's wheeled out by ambulance after returning from lunch break. Young people sucking on aluminum tubes, your not going to call it vaping?
Old 12-19-2020, 06:01 PM   #51
fast4522

So I looked for a source.

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...ng-adults.html

https://www.medpagetoday.com/pulmonology/smoking/90294

https://www.rdhmag.com/patient-care/...vid19-severity

Those reporting use of e-cigarettes only, or dual use with tobacco, were at a five-times or seven-times increased risk, respectively, of a COVID-19 diagnosis, compared with non-users.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...360-X/fulltext

Last edited by fast4522; 12-19-2020 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:26 PM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
To move slightly in the subject, I have a friend who is a GM in a large store who requires drug tests. Anyway they retired a fool like 32 who passed tests but his lungs were shot because he and others went on breaks to vape. The same store had a girl in her 20's wheeled out by ambulance after returning from lunch break. Young people sucking on aluminum tubes, your not going to call it vaping?
If they are vaping anything but propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin mixed with nicotine, then in my book, they aren't vaping.

They are doing something completely different...only the above can be considered the equivalent of smoking a cigarette, which is what vaping was designed to replace.

If you're vaping hemp oil or CBD or something else mixed with god knows what else (like Vitamin E which put all those people in the hospital with serious lung damage), you don't blame vaping. You blame the idiot who decided to put that shit in their lungs.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:32 PM   #53
fast4522

Quote:
If they are vaping anything but propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin mixed with nicotine, then in my book, they aren't vaping.

They are doing something completely different...only the above can be considered the equivalent of smoking a cigarette, which is what vaping was designed to replace.

If you're vaping hemp oil or CBD or something else mixed with god knows what else (like Vitamin E which put all those people in the hospital with serious lung damage), you don't blame vaping. You blame the idiot who decided to put that shit in their lungs.
Well I would imagine Dr Jill Tracy Biden might enlighten the nation what it is to vape or cuck soon enough, can't you wait?
Old 12-19-2020, 09:25 PM   #54
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Better pull your head out of the sand.
Ad hominem.

Quote:
Covid isn't controlling any aspect or part of reality? Really?
Not in the sense that you are trying to imply. Which way a forrest fire moves is determined by outside influences, e.g., wind direction, fuel distribution, etc.

Quote:
And, yes, covid has more than "natural attributes", as mere mortals (of the "expert class", of course) have unwittingly attributed intelligence to this virus, as explained previously in another thread.
Explained by you no doubt.

Quote:
And the "expert class" tells us that we should live in fear of covid -- that the fear of covid should in fact control our life and all decisions we make.
"TRUE Courage is when you are scared to death and STILL saddle up and ride in!" -- John Wayne

Quote:
Wear a triple-layered mask, get all the upcoming vaccines and then crawl under your rock to hide which is the best form of social distancing there is.
And in the end my chances of surviving this are better than yours.

I'm a three time cancer survivor. Do you think cancer is a god? I don't. I'm going in for exploratory surgery on Jan 5. If your doctor (do you have one?) were to advise you to go under the knife would you do it?
Old 12-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #55
elysiantraveller

Quote:
So I looked for a source.

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...ng-adults.html

https://www.medpagetoday.com/pulmonology/smoking/90294

https://www.rdhmag.com/patient-care/...vid19-severity

Those reporting use of e-cigarettes only, or dual use with tobacco, were at a five-times or seven-times increased risk, respectively, of a COVID-19 diagnosis, compared with non-users.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...360-X/fulltext
Gotta roll with PA on this one...

I've smoked and I've vaped.

The term "vaping" can mean a whole slew of things other than just good old fashioned glycol.

When the media discusses vaping this distinction often times isn't made and causes the anti-vape crowd to frenzy stir when someone inhales some shit everyone knows they shouldn't.

I'm sure my lungs are still *somewhat* compromised but nothing like when I was a smoker.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:47 AM   #56
clicknow

Quote:
Legitamate vape products do not contain acetone. Legitimate vape products are not "street drugs".

Vape products are propylene glycol + vegetable glycerin with a nicotine content + food flavoring.

Vaping is harm reduction. It helps people quit combustible tobacco and is less harmful than smoking. It is not Harm Free because only breathing air is really harm free (and these days, depending on where you live, that may also not be true anymore. )

The only propaganda that disagrees with that are from tobacco companies themselves and the people they give grant money to in order to keep people smoking, because it's a cash cow for them.

States want to keep their cigarettes selling because of the taxes they receive and they also want to keep the spiggot of all that tobacco settlement $$ turned on.

Nicotine, in and of itself, is not terribly harmful, unless you have vascular or heart problems, because it does have vaso-constrictor properties. As a matter of fact, some people with certain illnesses that involve the colon are helped by nicotine and therefore their doctors sometimes have them on "patches".

I quit smoking by vaping many years ago. The good thing about it is that you can step down, ie. control the level of nicotine you use, going from 12, to 6, to 3, to 1 and then to 0.
I had my lungs xrayed before I quit smoking and then every 6 months while vaping. My lungs were very clear after a few years, and then I gave up vaping, too.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-20-2020 at 12:54 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2020, 12:57 AM   #57
clicknow

Quote:
Yes.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I asked you......

Are you willing to, learn English slow? Write coherently?

Why?
YOU DON'T READ OR SPEAK English, and you certainly don't understand much of anything. SPOOT
Old 12-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #59
boxcar

Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat...

has this to say about masks:

I will not wear it on my face
I will not wear it any place
I will not wear it to get in
I will not wear it on my chin
I will not wear it on my ear
I will not wear it out of fear
I will not wear your stupid mask.
I will not wear it.

DO NOT ASK!

Now...that is one very cool cat in my book.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #60
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I asked you......

Are you willing to, learn English slow? Write coherently?

Why?
YOU DON'T READ OR SPEAK English, and you certainly don't understand much of anything. SPOOT
I do not speak slows's incoherence English, nor your asinine abbreviated nonsensical incoherent chimp language.

English please.

Last edited by hcap; 12-20-2020 at 03:49 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply