Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-16-2020, 02:53 PM   #16
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I have a lot of confidence in "medical science": The covid goal posts will keep moving in the same direction.
That's what the scientific process IS. Learning, and then adjusting to what you've learned, as you learn it.

9 months ago we had no idea what we were even dealing with.

Instead, every time new light was shined on developing science, some here chose to degrade and ridicule scientists.

Thats not a problem of science. It's a problem with the people who act like that.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #17
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
But you and other whacko leftists already do worship god covid. You guys cower in abject fear of this god. Wear masks. Social distance. Lockdowns. All in deference to mighty and super-intelligent covid. This is a pandemic of fear, hysteria and panic -- all in honor of your god covid.
From M-W the Judaeo/Christian/Islamic definition of a god is "the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe." Covid does not fit. Masks, social distancing and lockdowns are defensive measures, similar to London during the blitz of WWII. Fear? Yes! "He who has no fear is a fool." -- Spartan proverb. Hysteria and panic? Very little. Continuing the WWII analogy, D-Day is coming soon. Covid is not a god. It is an enemy which must be defeated.

I urge you to get yourself tested soon.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:11 PM   #18
hcap

Quote:
But you and other whacko leftists already do worship god covid. You guys cower in abject fear of this god. Wear masks. Social distance. Lockdowns. All in deference to mighty and super-intelligent covid. This is a pandemic of fear, hysteria and panic -- all in honor of your god covid.
Giving you the maxium amount of time before you must get out of dodge, after losing our bet back in early November. You now have until high noon 1/20/21 to try and compose two comprehensible sentences together without coming across as a complete fool.

Please try and behave yourselve before you get the hell out of here.

Last edited by hcap; 12-16-2020 at 07:13 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #19
fast4522

All Boxcar needs to do is ignore you, better yet you go away.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #20
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
That's what the scientific process IS. Learning, and then adjusting to what you've learned, as you learn it.

9 months ago we had no idea what we were even dealing with.

Instead, every time new light was shined on developing science, some here chose to degrade and ridicule scientists.

Thats not a problem of science. It's a problem with the people who act like that.
so what do you FEEL about those who state catastrophic anthropomorphic climate destruction is settled science? or does it just depend on what the cause is?

I agree with your assessment of science, although half of the country does not.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 07:52 AM   #21
BIG RED
Son O'War

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...60X7tviUlJNz4g

Teenage girl in the Caymans gets 4 months in prison breaking quarantine. Little strict? When you get there, they treat you like a criminal anyway.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:30 AM   #22
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Giving you the maxium amount of time before you must get out of dodge, after losing our bet back in early November. You now have until high noon 1/20/21 to try and compose two comprehensible sentences together without coming across as a complete fool.

Please try and behave yourselve before you get the hell out of here.
Geesh...I almost feel threatened. "I have to high noon", heh? I think I'll mozy on over to Marshall PA's office to see if I can get some protection.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
From M-W the Judaeo/Christian/Islamic definition of a god is "the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe." Covid does not fit. Masks, social distancing and lockdowns are defensive measures, similar to London during the blitz of WWII. Fear? Yes! "He who has no fear is a fool." -- Spartan proverb. Hysteria and panic? Very little. Continuing the WWII analogy, D-Day is coming soon. Covid is not a god. It is an enemy which must be defeated.

I urge you to get yourself tested soon.
From the M-W Funk 'n' Wagnall -- definition of god, (small g)

2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality

Covid fits perfectly. Isn't your god covid controlling your reality? In fact, covid is just like global warming, or climate change or whatever other name your whacko environmental religion calls its god these days.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #24
hcap

Quote:
Geesh...I almost feel threatened. "I have to high noon", heh? I think I'll mozy on over to Marshall PA's office to see if I can get some protection.
I thought you were a man, not a sniveling pussy. Why do you need someone defending your cowardice?
Old 12-17-2020, 11:32 AM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
I thought you were a man, not a sniveling pussy. Why do you need someone defending your cowardice?
Why are you such a bully? If you had you druthers, you would have evicted me as soon as the lamestream media called the election for Sleepy.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:40 AM   #26
hcap

Quote:
Why are you such a bully? If you had you druthers, you would have evicted me as soon as the lamestream media called the election for Sleepy.
No bullying at all. You lost, you leave.

The "mainstream" called it. Lunatic Trumpites like you have been wishing upon a star it wasn't so. Your crackpot conspiracy theories have all failed..

The Supreme Court cinched the deal, And Mitch agreed yesterday.

Toot-a-loo loser
Old 12-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #27
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
so what do you FEEL about those who state catastrophic anthropomorphic climate destruction is settled science? or does it just depend on what the cause is?

I agree with your assessment of science, although half of the country does not.
Dave, don't know about "entirely" anthropomorphic. I'm not a scientist, though I suspect they can use computer modeling to compare natural vs. human-influenced simulation.

Given that there's 7.594 billion people on the planet, lets just say I am not willing to sit and wait because I do think we need to be mindful and start to "take measures" regardless of what the cause is?

I do not feel that I can be healthy if I live on an unhealthy, polluted planet.

I was influenced by reading Schumacher's "Small Is Beautiful" back in my teens. I remember the example of how many valuable natural resources used to make a "heated foot stool". I think we need to seek more sustainable sources before we clear-cut forests all over the planet, for stuff like this (and which I consider an unncessary item because that's what socks and/or a throw blanket are for. )

Back when I read the book it did raise my consciousness about wasting stuff.....and there wasn't the level of plastic then, either, or all the fast food joints. Everything we consume requires raw materials and I am mindful of that fact.

It all adds up.

I'm all for doing whatever might help Mother Nature do her best to stay healthy, regardless if it's a natural progression or human-caused.

I also think it's a rather odd idea that we have "no" effect on things. Of course we do. Nobody has a zero footprint.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-17-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #28
clicknow

Quote:
My rule is don't make wagers I can't afford to make. Most people who are somewhat in control of their behavior(s) abide by such rules. Those who don't end up in over their heads.

This seems very simple concept on a horse racing board?

Even Twinspires doesn't allow you to "cancel" a wager after the race has been run.

If someone is simply requesting that you make good on a wager you made feels threatening to you, then perhaps you shouldn't make wagers in the first place?

That said, I don't think anyone here really cares how this turns out. Its kinda childish ........ But if you bet on the horses, or anything else, consider that I just gave you some good advice.

Gentleman's bets are just that though. Thankfully you won't lose actual money, just your reputation for keeping your word.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:55 PM   #29
boxcar

Quote:
No bullying at all. You lost, you leave.

The "mainstream" called it. Lunatic Trumpites like you have been wishing upon a star it wasn't so. Your crackpot conspiracy theories have all failed..

The Supreme Court cinched the deal, And Mitch agreed yesterday.

Toot-a-loo loser
I haven't lost. You're jumping the gun, bully.

Have you heard what the DNI guy said today: There was foreign interference in this election? Report pending...and that could certainly open up a new front in this war that is beyond the purview of civilian courts, for if this is true, then it becomes a national security issue. Just sayin'....
Old 12-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #30
hcap

Quote:
I haven't lost. You're jumping the gun, bully.

Have you heard what the DNI guy said today: There was foreign interference in this election? Report pending...and that could certainly open up a new front in this war that is beyond the purview of civilian courts, for if this is true, then it becomes a national security issue. Just sayin'....
Minus 34 and counting.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: