Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-06-2024, 12:14 PM   #1
OntheRail

Smuggler Buster....

California man is first in the US to be charged with smuggling greenhouse gases, prosecutors say

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireSt...tors-107795564

They can track and prosecute this Climate Criminal .... but actual human sex and drug smugglers keep on trucking.

But bring in a coolant a so called greenhouse gas... that is used across the border... across the border and Bam books thrown at you... Mr Smuggler Climate Killer... but the killer of people fentanyl is still flooding over but the tons.

The Briben Administrations Head up Ass plan of action rolls on down the line..

Old 03-06-2024, 04:33 PM   #2
Stevecsd2

I wish I could be on that jury. NOT GUILTY. We need people to understand jury nullification for these cases of an out of control DOJ and federal government.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 04:45 PM   #3
davew

I guess refrigerators and freezers are on the to ban list for the greenies running the country.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 05:06 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

This is the only thing I have a problem with:

He posted them for sale on the internet, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's Office.

I forget all the instances, as it has been 12 years and a half dozen or so concussions ago but California which piles more regulations on top of the federal ones, has banned more refrigerants than you can shake a stick at.

The problem is sometimes there is not a new direct replacement refrigerant so the item whether it be a home AC, vehicle AC, home or commercial
refrigerator if it needs that refrigerant it is now scrap metal. The incapability usually is tied to the operating pressure. I am sure if it was a large expensive item someone could convert it over but it would not be cheap.

The deal is California will usually be the first to ban something so you could drive into AZ or NV and bring back what you need. Of course installing it is an illegal act.

I am on the fence with this guy, obviously with 13 counts he is over charged.
If he smuggled it for his own use or for friends and family, no problem. My issue is him selling it for a profit.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 05:37 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I guess refrigerators and freezers are on the to ban list for the greenies running the country.

Come on, stop exaggerating. It is just every 5-10 years they are going to decide a once environmentally friendly refrigerant now causes global warming, oops I meant climate change. I could not find a list or maybe I did not look too hard as skimming articles on government sites gives me a headache.

California has banned or severely restricted the use of R-22 (I think a lot of people have heard of that), R-404A, R-507A and R-407B. I bet there are a hell of a lot more than that, a lot of people call refrigerants by the common trade brand Freon. I can't remember which one and I struck out Goggling
the first refrigerant I remember being taken away was in the late 80's. We actually were using it to de-grease parts. It was great on blind holes. For those who don't know hole nomenclature blind just means it has a bottom and does not go all the way through.

What I find HYPOCRITICAL is these GREENIES like making rules that make things obsolete like the items that require banned refrigerant. If that happened to me as with anything I cannot fix, it gets stripped for parts and everything other than plastic or insulation gets recycled. I have a lot of machines still living off an organ donor and some custom items made from deceased machinery.

Of course most people are not like me and it goes in the landfill. Also a lot of items are too costly to recycle and they just get buried. They do have these awesome machines that will eat a car and separate out all the materials.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 06:33 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
I wish I could be on that jury. NOT GUILTY. We need people to understand jury nullification for these cases of an out of control DOJ and federal government.
Amen!

Yet all over the country similar gases leak out of units every day. Repair guys release it into the air constantly.

It’s all horseshit

They ban them to force you to buy a new one that cost 4x more…..it’s all a scam
Old 03-06-2024, 09:11 PM   #7
Marshall Bennett

They're all too high on pot!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply