Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-03-2020, 07:47 PM   #181
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I have been denied my "interruption" of business insurance, just like everybody else. Congress is going to get involved in this when it's over.

They say without physical damage, no pay.

My agent is re-filing along another angle.

We shall see.

Put my app in for a PPP loan today. I really don't want it, but I don't know what the future holds.....so I gotta follow the herd in case the money runs out.......... I can qualify and probably get the forgiveness at the end. So it will probably be worth it somewhere along the line.

It's between 75-100k for our operation.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #182
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Actually, stomach problems ARE a symptom of the virus.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...igestive-signs
Hey...why don't you leave Tom alone.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:29 PM   #183
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Naw, still here.

Came down with stomach flu Wednesday night - fever, sore throat, shivering, two-step....scary symptoms these days!

Back to near normal tonight.
Got to get my strength back up, as a new Quest for TP is needed!

Thanks for your concern my friend!

Apparently reading the last couple days posts, I didn't miss anything.
hcap and Allan know all you need to know about everything, so take notes and you will be fine!
good deal, glad you are feeling better
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 09:30 PM   #184
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I have been denied my "interruption" of business insurance, just like everybody else. Congress is going to get involved in this when it's over.

They say without physical damage, no pay.

My agent is re-filing along another angle.

We shall see.

Put my app in for a PPP loan today. I really don't want it, but I don't know what the future holds.....so I gotta follow the herd in case the money runs out.......... I can qualify and probably get the forgiveness at the end. So it will probably be worth it somewhere along the line.

It's between 75-100k for our operation.
We put in for a loan but unsure if we get it. We just want a backup plan because just have a feeling nothing is free and I rarely trust any government.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 09:39 PM   #185
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
We put in for a loan but unsure if we get it. We just want a backup plan because just have a feeling nothing is free and I rarely trust any government.
My thoughts too
Old 04-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #186
fast4522

Not even close to being in the same level as you guys, when it is all over the need is for government to go away. I do not think the plans offered are for everybody so due diligence is needed, but that is the norm for those who know their business.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 10:07 PM   #187
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Hey...why don't you leave Tom alone.
It's ok...thus far, Tom seems to be one of the 80%ers if he indeed has the virus...
Old 04-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #188
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Thursday morning, about 4:00 am......SERIOUS concern of the fever, shivering, throat.

I was so relieved when the stomach problems kicked in.....the devil you know...
A greater concern would be had the "stomach problems" kicked in FIRST. Yours, apparently, didn't.

It looks to me like your home free!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2020, 02:39 AM   #189
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Where did I say that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace
You wrote the following to me after I said I could have saved the Feds time and money if they would have just asked me if China was lying about their numbers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
They could have learned about the real truths of......

9 11
Pizzagate
"Q"

By simply joining PA.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace
Which means, you're adding "China COVID Lies" to the list above...meaning, you think "China COVID Lies" are a falsehood...nothing but a conspiracy theory.

This is why you need to think before you post and stop acting on a triggering word or two. It gets you into trouble, where I have to waste time explaining the obvious to you.
Man, you are as out of it as boxcar. I never added to the conspiracy theories rampant hereunder your watch. I was pointing out the difference between purposeful conspiracies and the way things usually f**k up. Purposeful conspiracies theories are a major absurd backbone of Off Topic, of which you set the tone with your own abundance of tin foil.

I said, and pay attention...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Yes the Chinese lied. I doubt the WHO did. Incompetence is responsible for conspiracy theories than evil doers.

Murphy's law on steroids, and non compos mentis, guilt and secrecy, rather than DR. No out to destroy the world..
I added....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Secrecy and incompetence

China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak, U.S. Intelligence Says
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elligence-says

......China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths it's suffered from the disease, the U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report to the White House, according to three US officials.

The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret, and they declined to detail its contents. But the thrust, they said, is that China's public reporting on cases and deaths is intentionally incomplete. Two of the officials said the report concludes that China's numbers are fake.
So I reminded you of the following Paceadvantage.com bullshit conspiracy theories of, 9 11, Pizzagate and "Q", that have festered here under your lead and tutelage

And is now festering some more with the those "lousy commie Chinese launched biological warfare" against the rest of the free world bullshit

You sound very tired.

Last edited by hcap; 04-04-2020 at 02:45 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2020, 02:42 AM   #190
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You continue to fail to grasp even basic comprehension. Even when I repeatedly try and spell things out for you as simply as I know how.

No wonder I'm tired. Dealing with you is quite draining.

I'm done.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:24 AM   #191
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I have been denied my "interruption" of business insurance, just like everybody else.
Are you saying people are denied buying it, or they are denying covering what you have already been paying for?

I had full (full!) coverage on my truck when they were paving the roads near me and gravel jumped up and put a bad crack in my windshield......only to be told that there was a "special rider" I would have had to purchase to cover that. Love the insurance companies.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2020, 04:45 AM   #192
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You continue to fail to grasp even basic comprehension. Even when I repeatedly try and spell things out for you as simply as I know how.

No wonder I'm tired. Dealing with you is quite draining.

I'm done.
You are tired and very confused. I said quote me where I said "China did not lie" and was saying all the posts claiming it did, as another of yours and off topic's paranoid conspiracy theories

Read my reply again after you get some rest.
Or find where I said "China did not lie."

Quote me instead of making things up.

Last edited by hcap; 04-04-2020 at 04:49 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2020, 06:20 AM   #193
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
My thoughts as well. If only my bank would be as eager as me. They once visited my office to offer a SBA loan. Now I have to beg for notice. May be time to move to another bank.

Does anyone know of a financial institution processing online applications that does not require you to be a customer? I have a feeling I picked a bank (TD Bank) that's stuck in 1975 type of thinking.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2020, 06:34 AM   #194
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Not even close to being in the same level as you guys, when it is all over the need is for government to go away. I do not think the plans offered are for everybody so due diligence is needed, but that is the norm for those who know their business.
My business is down 15-20% from peak a month ago but we're still profitable, and are positioned well when all this ends. The PPP loan might allow me to offer my employees an extra $2/hr to stay with us and not leave for greener pasture. A low interest loan would allow me to better position our business when all this ends. I can pay off what little debt we have and actually open up another location. Upset conditions like this are stressful (not to Ralph's degree. I was in restaurant/bar business so I feel for him) but an opportunity as well as the weak in my industry (home health) die from coronavirus and those that survive have more room to grow.

So you have to count your blessings where you can find them and position for the future. Small business in a nutshell. I have 65 employees. I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. After a two week lull in new business, for some reason yesterday our phones rang off the hook. That tells me that for a short time after this all ends, pent up demand will cause shortages of all kinds of services as gut-punched businesses have to gear up for a rush of orders.

Last edited by tucker6; 04-04-2020 at 06:35 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #195
pandy

So far my wife and I and my two sons have been fortunate. My wife Marilyn designs kitchens so we both work from home. Her company is big, they make kitchen cabinets for new homes and most states deemed them essential so the carpenters are still working. With NYRA closed my income will be lower this year but I'm not concerned about it.

I think back to other times in my life, when my children were young, and if something like this happened then, it would have been extremely stressful. I'm sure that millenials, in particular, are feeling the pressure.

I hope everyone comes through this with their health intact and a roof over their heads.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply