Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2013 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > IdaBet.com Match Play Championship (September 18 to October 27)

Old 08-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

MATCH PLAY CHATTER

CONTEST 6

2ND ANNUAL

MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP

THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSION
ON ANYTHING RELATED TO THE CONTEST

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
iceknight

Is this where I ask a question on contest rules?

"(Should you do so, remember that the timestamp of the "edited" post must also be at least one minute before your first contest race goes off.)"

Would the time in the Equibase Chart (that gets generated an hour or two after the race) be used to confirm the "race goes off" time. In other contests, I think the DRF Entry's post time - 1min was used as the cut off limit. This seems to be slightly different, so just spelling it out for clarification...
Old 09-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight
Is this where I ask a question on contest rules?

"(Should you do so, remember that the timestamp of the "edited" post must also be at least one minute before your first contest race goes off.)"

Would the time in the Equibase Chart (that gets generated an hour or two after the race) be used to confirm the "race goes off" time. In other contests, I think the DRF Entry's post time - 1min was used as the cut off limit. This seems to be slightly different, so just spelling it out for clarification...
Almost sure the official "off time" from Equibase is used, and always has been. There was one contest (AsD Parlay) where the scheduled time was used for the order in which scores were calculated, but never for the posting deadline.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
planks46d

Quote:
-- VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Only races with free Brisnet Past Performances can be chosen as contest races. The track/race selector must personally verify that subject race PPs are available on http://www.trks2day.com/trks2day.html.
I didn't see any free PPs there. Free picks maybe but can't find the free PPs. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by planks46d
I didn't see any free PPs there. Free picks maybe but can't find the free PPs. Any help would be appreciated.
It is a bit cumbersome, but here is what you need to do.

--- Click on the link, then scroll down close to the bottom.
--- On the far left-hand side, you will see a list of tracks. Immediately to the right of those tracks you will find race numbers (like P01, T05, etc.). Click on one of them, then look at the list to find the track and race number. On the same area as the track and race number, you will find a link "ultimate PPs". When looking at the track and race number, be sure it is for the correct date you want.

Chris
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
LAP_520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
It is a bit cumbersome, but here is what you need to do.

--- Click on the link, then scroll down close to the bottom.
--- On the far left-hand side, you will see a list of tracks. Immediately to the right of those tracks you will find race numbers (like P01, T05, etc.). Click on one of them, then look at the list to find the track and race number. On the same area as the track and race number, you will find a link "ultimate PPs". When looking at the track and race number, be sure it is for the correct date you want.

Chris

I would like to add .. if I so may:

Please follow thru on this to actually view the ultimate pps to MAKE sure the pps for the date and track and race are there.

I tested Finger Lakes Race 4 for 9/5/2013. Race 4 is shown on page 1 as D4......however, clicking on it .. and it goes to page 2... there is NO Thursday September 5, 2013 date header and thus there is NO Finger Lakes Race 4 being listed.

Last edited by LAP_520; 09-05-2013 at 01:52 PM.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
planks46d

Thanks Guys !!!

It will make my head spin trying to find a PP for a particular track, day and date on that site.

I have just 1 more question. I don't need those PPs myself. If a NA track is running on a particular day, can I assume that there will be free PPs on that site? Provided of course there are PPs to be had at Bris, DRF, or Equibase. I do understand tbred races only. It sure would make things a whole lot easier for me and probably others.

Thanks again
Old 09-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
TBred17Roan

From the movie Princess Bride

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Hear that Red Knave......we're gunning for you this year. You got the father and son last year but watch out for grampa Chackiee in 2013! Game...Set...Match On <grin>.

And good luck to all in the final contest.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBred17Roan
From the movie Princess Bride

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Hear that Red Knave......we're gunning for you this year. You got the father and son last year but watch out for grampa Chackiee in 2013! Game...Set...Match On <grin>.

And good luck to all in the final contest.
Man, there must be some kinda rule against posts like this!

Well, you can see for yourself that the guys that finishes 1, 2 in the HoY last year are scraping barnacles off the PA contest boat this year

BUT ...

If you and any of your so called famiglia are in my sights this year, best to duck and run for cover! Capisce?

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by planks46d
Thanks Guys !!!

It will make my head spin trying to find a PP for a particular track, day and date on that site.

I have just 1 more question. I don't need those PPs myself. If a NA track is running on a particular day, can I assume that there will be free PPs on that site? Provided of course there are PPs to be had at Bris, DRF, or Equibase. I do understand tbred races only. It sure would make things a whole lot easier for me and probably others.

Thanks again
Hello planks46d,

Never assume anything when it comes to this free PP site. I'm not sure what their criteria is but I think it is based on the running offspring of various sires.

Unfortunately, it is the only site we are aware of that offers some type of free PPs, which we currently require so that folks do not have to go out and purchase PPs if they don't want to.

Chris
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
planks46d

Thanks TC
Old 09-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
CSR

I'm way down the list in points, but signed up anyway in case there are no-shows. When does the sign up close so I can see if I am in or not?

Edit: I now see 9/16 as the cut off. Where is the sign up thread? I already voted in the poll.

Last edited by CSR; 09-06-2013 at 08:48 PM.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
I'm way down the list in points, but signed up anyway in case there are no-shows. When does the sign up close so I can see if I am in or not?

Edit: I now see 9/16 as the cut off. Where is the sign up thread? I already voted in the poll.
The poll is the sign-up thread. If you've signed in you'll be considered as an alternate.

Jim Schoenfeld

Last edited by Jay Trotter; 09-06-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Am I in the marvelous field of 64?

Praying to the gods if I am I don't draw cj or the red hot horses4courses!!
wiffleball whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Am I in the marvelous field of 64?

Praying to the gods if I am I don't draw cj or the red hot horses4courses!!
Field of 64 wiff are you consider a cinderella?
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply