Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
Afleet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,106
Win Win Win

He # was almost off the screen on trackus after the first few furlongs he was so far behind-thought he was pulled up or hurt. That was freaking incredible
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 16,490
There's a post of mine from last year where I was banging the drums on this horse being better than he looked on paper. IMO, he ran well going long in both the Bluegrass and Preakness losing ground against the grain. Sometimes it takes awhile for a horse to get the opportunity to prove it. This race has sort of solidified the view that he's better as a closing sprinter. He probably is, but he's better than he looks going long too.
__________________
"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." Fast Eddie Felson
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #3
jimmyb
Registered User
 
jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baystater
Posts: 1,847
Matt Carothers was all over this horse yesterday so I put a couple of bucks on him.. When I saw how far behind he was I cursed him. Unreal finish.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
Afleet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
There's a post of mine from last year where I was banging the drums on this horse being better than he looked on paper. IMO, he ran well going long in both the Bluegrass and Preakness losing ground against the grain. Sometimes it takes awhile for a horse to get the opportunity to prove it. This race has sort of solidified the view that he's better as a closing sprinter. He probably is, but he's better than he looks going long too.
I agree. I always liked him and thought he was underrated. Seven furlongs to a mile should be right up his alley
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2020, 12:43 PM   #5
Afleet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Matt Carothers was all over this horse yesterday so I put a couple of bucks on him.. When I saw how far behind he was I cursed him. Unreal finish.
I was speechless at the start. Couldn't believe how wrong I was-figured he wasn't handling the track. Then on the turn I see him coming and JJ said the hell w/saving ground and went 7-8 wide that when I knew he had a chance
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
Hoops McCann
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 114
amazing race
Hoops McCann is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 01:48 PM   #7
Racetrack Playa
regular user
 
Racetrack Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 36,559
The Outstanding Win Win Win

I had to watch it again again again
True Timber ran a banger as well
__________________
donut believe the hype..
Racetrack Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #8
bks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 973
Nothing against Imbriale, but that race is why Trevor Denman was so good. He'd have identified him moving on the turn. It's a risk calling horses on the come, but when it pays off, wow.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 08:28 PM   #9
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by bks View Post
Nothing against Imbriale, but that race is why Trevor Denman was so good. He'd have identified him moving on the turn. It's a risk calling horses on the come, but when it pays off, wow.
This is ridiculous. First of all, when was the last time Trevor even called a race in a driving rainstorm? When was the last time he did it in an 11 horse field? It's not even really clear that horse was making a big move on the turn.

Find a better race to take a "nothing against Imbriale" shot.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2020, 04:12 PM   #10
bks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
This is ridiculous. First of all, when was the last time Trevor even called a race in a driving rainstorm? When was the last time he did it in an 11 horse field? It's not even really clear that horse was making a big move on the turn.

Find a better race to take a "nothing against Imbriale" shot.
You know, Andy, I was going to make a comment about how good it is to see you are still posting careful, unemotional defenses of co-workers that no one was even criticizing that harshly, but re-reading my post I see it was ungenerous to Imbriale. He's really good and I like his work. In this instance he picked up WWW a little late in that race, but I did not mean to diminish him by comparison to Denman, who after his time at Laurel and Pimlico did in fact work in much better weather conditions than NYRA race callers often have to.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #11
biggestal99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
This is ridiculous. First of all, when was the last time Trevor even called a race in a driving rainstorm? When was the last time he did it in an 11 horse field? It's not even really clear that horse was making a big move on the turn.

Find a better race to take a "nothing against Imbriale" shot.
Two calls for the entire race!

It wasn’t his best effort, I am sure you will agree.

Allan
biggestal99 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2020, 11:05 PM   #12
Afleet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,106
retired w/a tendon injury-that sucks. I always thought he was top class but was running at the wrong distances/surface
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
How do you prefer your Coffee !?
Cream and Sugar - 28.57%
30 Votes
Cream only - 20.00%
21 Votes
Black - 41.90%
44 Votes
Decaf - 9.52%
10 Votes
Espresso - 12.38%
13 Votes
Starbucks etc... - 9.52%
10 Votes
Other - 23.81%
25 Votes
Total Votes: 105
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.