Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #46
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey
I figured the horse was a putover, but had no idea it was this bad. Should be massive fines imposed for this.
Yes, but what jurisdiction will impose the fine(s) and against who or which entity will the fine(s) be levied?
The answer I can come up with is to ban horses coming from Mainland China( Excluding Hong Kong) unless the set up of a system where all of any horse that has raced there can have its records verified. If the Chinese government objects, screw 'em. Let them puff out their chests and bluster. Who cares. They are Communists.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #47
thespaah

Quote:
Doesn't matter if he won a race on Mars for a 3 cent purse.

Makes NYRA look like turkeys. Makes the owners look like crooks.

I'll give Pletcher the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
Ok..But if the records are not available, what would you have them do?
Instead yelling THIEF!!!!, produce a solution.....Jeez.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #48
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
Quote...because he was born in the Southern Hemisphere, Mongolian Prince is considered a 4 year old here, but was classified as a 3 year old in China...end quote.

What has the Southern Hemisphere have to do with age/ time?
The breeding season is in the opposite end of the year...For example, here in the States, horses are normally foaled from late Feb thru the end of April.
In the southern Hemisphere, horses are foaled from the end of August thru the end of October.
So if a US foal is of say April 2015, its direct So Hemisphere counterpart would already be 4-6 months older.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #49
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston
The new Lebon/Cinzano?

Sort of.
I remember that like it was yesterday.
I kept the back page of the NY Daily News.....It has a photo of each horse. The Headline said "Is THIS horse THAT horse"
Old 05-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #50
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbullsnation
Jesus...can't fault Pletcher here. The blame has to go to NYRA. What a joke they are...
VBlame NYRA? How so?
What makes you believe NYRA was any more privy to the Chinese race records than anyone else?
Old 05-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #51
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Obviously, the system doesn't work.
IS it the Jockey Club's responsibility?
Has anyone been fired there?
Have they done ANYTHING to fix the problem since it was discovered?

MY guess......they don't even give crap. This industry is run by the lowest level of competence. And it shows every day.

If you are lazy, dim witted, have no motivation......we have a job for you!
No comment
Old 05-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Then why post a comment?
You are only making my case......
Old 05-22-2016, 12:15 PM   #53
Hambletonian

There were a couple of horses from Utah that were sent in in California a whiles back. This was even after the majority of fairs became "recognized." Utah was an exception I believe since all it's racing was non wagering (at least officially).

I am going to venture a guess that there are other places where the results don't make it to the international database such that it is, except that very very few of these make it to the US.

One other put over I cam across was quarter horses that raced in match races, particularly in Mexico, that have no PP lines.
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #54
iamt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Yes, but what jurisdiction will impose the fine(s) and against who or which entity will the fine(s) be levied?
The answer I can come up with is to ban horses coming from Mainland China( Excluding Hong Kong) unless the set up of a system where all of any horse that has raced there can have its records verified. If the Chinese government objects, screw 'em. Let them puff out their chests and bluster. Who cares. They are Communists.
The Horse's records were verified. The Jockey Club only acknowledges one Chinese body as an authority to conduct racing; that authority doesn't recognise where this race was conducted at... as a result the race was not an official Thoroughbred race according to the Chinese body or the Jockey Club's definitions and as a result does not exist.

Everything that has occurred in this case followed the rules in place to the letter.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2016, 11:42 PM   #55
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt
The Horse's records were verified. The Jockey Club only acknowledges one Chinese body as an authority to conduct racing; that authority doesn't recognise where this race was conducted at... as a result the race was not an official Thoroughbred race according to the Chinese body or the Jockey Club's definitions and as a result does not exist.

Everything that has occurred in this case followed the rules in place to the letter.
OMG the voice of the reason!!!!

This thread morphed into the most PA thread ever. Suspend Pletcher!! Suspend people at the Jockey Club!!! Suspend people at NYRA! Take away the owners licenses!

Or maybe, just maybe a race run that isn't recognized or sanctioned isn't a race.

The best part of this its a one-off. It's not like there's dozens of Chinese horses coming over to race.

Nothing to see here.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 01:07 AM   #56
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I disagree 100%. You're standing on ceremony when you say the race meet was 'not recognized' as an excuse for ignoring the race.

Out of respect for the paying customer, the horseplayer, there should have been a notation of some sort that this horse had participated in an actual race for purse money.

This is not rocket science.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 08:11 AM   #57
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
The breeding season is in the opposite end of the year...For example, here in the States, horses are normally foaled from late Feb thru the end of April.
In the southern Hemisphere, horses are foaled from the end of August thru the end of October.
So if a US foal is of say April 2015, its direct So Hemisphere counterpart would already be 4-6 months older.
Younger, not older. A SA horse brought here to race has the disadvantage of being physically months younger, possibly up to 8-10 months younger.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #58
Hambletonian

Quote:
I disagree 100%. You're standing on ceremony when you say the race meet was 'not recognized' as an excuse for ignoring the race.

Out of respect for the paying customer, the horseplayer, there should have been a notation of some sort that this horse had participated in an actual race for purse money.

This is not rocket science.
"unrecognized racing" was fairly common on the mountain west county fair scene back in the day. if you got a truform program you had the running lines, if using the drf or equibase, no. sometime in the last 15 years or so they started charting the county fairs and now those race lines are included. but match races, and some Utah venues are still not charted.

unrecognized means unrecognized, the races are not considered official for any conditioning purpose. if somebody doesn't chart the race and the race meet is not recognized, what do you expect the DRF, Equibase, or the the track to do?
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply