Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-26-2016, 01:03 AM   #31
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Waa he wrong?
According to you yes...a win is a win. No excuses.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2016, 03:15 AM   #32
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
According to you yes...a win is a win. No excuses.
but hes the one who said it, not me.

a win is a win, if you lose you weren't good enough to win, personally i would have ignored draymond the moron, but doc got sucked in and took the bait. that's on doc, he couldn't help himself.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2016, 03:17 AM   #33
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
What an all time mush here!
pretty good, eh?
Old 04-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #34
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
but hes the one who said it, not me.

a win is a win, if you lose you weren't good enough to win, personally i would have ignored draymond the moron, but doc got sucked in and took the bait. that's on doc, he couldn't help himself.
So you posted to ask if he was wrong when you yourself already said he wrong and then said it again. Posting just to post doesn't become you.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:47 AM   #35
Valuist

Quote:
A win is a win no excuses
And so IF your Clippers get by Portland and the Warriors handle them easily with no Paul, we don't want to hear excuses.

There was a collective sigh of relief from the Bay area last night.

Last edited by Valuist; 04-26-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #36
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
And so IF your Clippers get by Portland and the Warriors handle them easily with no Paul, we don't want to hear excuses.

There was a collective sigh of relief from the Bay area last night.
I think the feeling in the room is that while Steph is the best player, Chris is more valuable to his team, thus, he's the real MVP of the league. it's not likely the Clips are going to win this series, I hated their body language and effort late in yesterday's game, they essentially quit even though they were only down by 6 or 7 pts w plenty of time remaining. Can you quit and then unquit a few days later? It's a lot to ask.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:41 PM   #37
Valuist

Quote:
I think the feeling in the room is that while Steph is the best player, Chris is more valuable to his team, thus, he's the real MVP of the league. it's not likely the Clips are going to win this series, I hated their body language and effort late in yesterday's game, they essentially quit even though they were only down by 6 or 7 pts w plenty of time remaining. Can you quit and then unquit a few days later? It's a lot to ask.
I agree that its easier for GS to overcome a loss of Curry, than LAC losing Paul.

But to me, MVP has always meant who was having the best season. The "most valuable" to their team has been a relatively recent phenomena. Curry is not only the MVP, but should be unanimous.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2016, 01:58 PM   #38
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I agree that its easier for GS to overcome a loss of Curry, than LAC losing Paul.

But to me, MVP has always meant who was having the best season. The "most valuable" to their team has been a relatively recent phenomena. Curry is not only the MVP, but should be unanimous.
It's the best player award and he's the best player, easily. But the language most valuable can be viewed differently it's just bad wording, value and best can be two different things, but I'm splitting hairs of course.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #39
Stillriledup
Veteran

The clips favored by 2 pts in game 5, they're not only forcing you to bet the clippers but they're doing so at gunpoint.

Incredible spread.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #40
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I don't really believe that one. They are both the key to their respective teams. Golden State has a better all around cast so I guess you could say that makes Paul more important, but neither is winning any title without the main guy.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #41
Stillriledup
Veteran

Okc plus 6.5 in game 1
Old 04-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #42
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Okc plus 6.5 in game 1
Sounds about right to me.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #43
lansdale

Curry/Paul

Depressing to see these injuries to Curry and Paul at a crucial time of the season. Got to hope at least Curry makes it back.

From Nate Silver's site, interesting take on their relative impact on the remainder of the post-season.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...-the-playoffs/
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2016, 09:35 PM   #44
ronsmac

Memphis was the worst team I've ever seen in the playoffs. I wonder if the clippers with no Griffin or Paul can't claim the honor of worst playoff team ever.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2016, 12:26 AM   #45
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Memphis was the worst team I've ever seen in the playoffs. I wonder if the clippers with no Griffin or Paul can't claim the honor of worst playoff team ever.
The advantage they have right now is nobody is giving them a chance, they're a 2pt home dog for game 5, it's really about how well Austin rivers plays if he's really good they can actually win, if he stinks they'll get blown out.

Another advantage they have is if Portland reads the news reports and just figured they have to show up. Clips have virtually zero chance to win game 6, so they have to win both home games to win the series.

Funny how golden state gets another easy opponent their first 2 playoff series wins will be against teams who are essentially not even playoff teams. They'll have to earn it though since their last two opponents are going to be very good.

My gut is Portland will win series, clips just aren't built to fight through this. If they lose game 5 in ugly fashion the line for game 6 can't be high enough.