Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #16
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
He won't be playing the Pistons in the Finals.
That's true, but in his 2 yrs in Cleveland he could've played the Lakers 3 games in a row and wouldn't have looked this comfortable.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
That's true, but in his 2 yrs in Cleveland he could've played the Lakers 3 games in a row and wouldn't have looked this comfortable.
Good point. Next series will tell us a lot more I think, Detroit stinks.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #18
ronsmac

I don't care what their regular season record was. Memphis may be the worst playoff team I've ever seen.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #19
lansdale

KL

Re the posts on Love - every time he has a couple of 20-pt. games, people start talking about him 'fitting in' better or getting more comfortable, when all that really happened was that LBJ and Kyrie allowed him to take a few more shots than usual. During the season he averages 12.5 fga per game, LBJ 19, Kyrie, 17. Love's 'game' has been exactly the same throughout his career - with some improvment on D since he came to the Cavs - he's produced 1.35 pts. per fga over the years, and is doing it now. If was getting the 19 shots pg that he was with Minn., he'd be getting the same 26 ppg. as then.

To me, the question for Cavs now is how or whether they're able to adjust to the disintegration of LBJ's outside shooting. He's gone from being the most efficient scorer in the league to a guy who, in his last game, needed 23 shots to get 20 pts. Meanwhile, Love had the same 20 pts. on 10 shots. LBJ is a smart player, and has to realize soon that he's going to have to shift more of the offense to Love and Kyrie than has been the case up to now, or they have no shot. In the playoffs so far, Kyrie is already taking 21 fga pg, LBJ, 20 fga ppg, but Love only 15. Since Kyrie's efficiency is still good (1.3), LBJ should be the one giving up shots and concentrating on the other aspects of his game, which are still great.

Agree with cj that Hawks series, with Love vs. Millsap, will be a good test of whether Love can score against a tough post defender. These two are just about equal in ability so should be worth watching.

Still, neither Cavs nor anyone else can touch GSW. Curry and DG are better than anyone on Cavs at this point.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2016, 06:36 PM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Curry's health a big question mark now. I don't think they can beat LAC, SA or OKC without him.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:39 PM   #21
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale
Re the posts on Love - every time he has a couple of 20-pt. games, people start talking about him 'fitting in' better or getting more comfortable, when all that really happened was that LBJ and Kyrie allowed him to take a few more shots than usual. During the season he averages 12.5 fga per game, LBJ 19, Kyrie, 17. Love's 'game' has been exactly the same throughout his career - with some improvment on D since he came to the Cavs - he's produced 1.35 pts. per fga over the years, and is doing it now. If was getting the 19 shots pg that he was with Minn., he'd be getting the same 26 ppg. as then.

To me, the question for Cavs now is how or whether they're able to adjust to the disintegration of LBJ's outside shooting. He's gone from being the most efficient scorer in the league to a guy who, in his last game, needed 23 shots to get 20 pts. Meanwhile, Love had the same 20 pts. on 10 shots. LBJ is a smart player, and has to realize soon that he's going to have to shift more of the offense to Love and Kyrie than has been the case up to now, or they have no shot. In the playoffs so far, Kyrie is already taking 21 fga pg, LBJ, 20 fga ppg, but Love only 15. Since Kyrie's efficiency is still good (1.3), LBJ should be the one giving up shots and concentrating on the other aspects of his game, which are still great.

Agree with cj that Hawks series, with Love vs. Millsap, will be a good test of whether Love can score against a tough post defender. These two are just about equal in ability so should be worth watching.

Still, neither Cavs nor anyone else can touch GSW. Curry and DG are better than anyone on Cavs at this point.
I don't recall him playing 3 good games in a row too many times and I've watched a lot of Cavs games. Lebron had his6worst season since maybe his rookie year. Still a better year than 98% of the league , but father time showed up often this year.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:19 PM   #22
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Curry's health a big question mark now. I don't think they can beat LAC, SA or OKC without him.
It's a good built in excuse for them after the Clippers win the series.

Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2016, 11:21 PM   #23
ronsmac

That's the Kevin Love I've been used to. 3-15 1-5 from 3. He did hustle and kept a lot of loose balls alive and had a good game on the boards though.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #24
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It didn't look good. The body goes one way, the right leg, the other. It seems like with the knee, the news is rarely good. When Kyle Schwarber was involved in a collision three weeks ago, everyone was only concerned about the ankle; they didn't even realize he had blown out both the ACL and MCL. We've seen other instances in the NFL where a guy goes down, gets up, and and can walk off the field ok.....until they do the MRI and see the ACL is blown.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #25
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
It's a good built in excuse for them after the Clippers win the series.

I wouldn't get too cocky. Yes, the Clippers now have a chance to win the series. Before, they didn't have any. But the Clippers are no lock; even against a Curry-less Warrior team.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:25 PM   #26
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I wouldn't get too cocky. Yes, the Clippers now have a chance to win the series. Before, they didn't have any. But the Clippers are no lock; even against a Curry-less Warrior team.
A win is a win no excuses
Old 04-25-2016, 10:30 PM   #27
Valuist

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the Clippers players and Rivers who were trashing the Warriors before the season? About how they were fortunate because they didn't have to go thru SA, and how Cleveland was banged up?
Old 04-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #28
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the Clippers players and Rivers who were trashing the Warriors before the season? About how they were fortunate because they didn't have to go thru SA, and how Cleveland was banged up?

You're correct.

KD and Russ totally punked Mark Cuban and Charlie Villanueva in post game presser...hilarious stuff.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:59 AM   #29
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Waa he wrong?
Old 04-26-2016, 01:02 AM   #30
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
What an all time mush here!