Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #31
Charlie D

Name and shame them FF.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #32
InTheRiver68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
I have to think they are offering it ontrack only because they don't have negotiate with anyone to do it.
Absolutely.

- InTheRiver68
InTheRiver68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #33
Charlie D

Have they been in contact with any ADW's asking if they would like to participate??

HPB, had a phone call from Delaware??
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #34
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
Have they been in contact with any ADW's asking if they would like to participate??

HPB, had a phone call from Delaware??
Delaware is doing a good thing here. A great thing? No. They are recognizing the fact that on track players need to get back more in order for them to stay in action longer and the more they leave the track with, the more they are apt to come back faster.

I don't think it has anything to do with ADWs. And no, to my knowledge we didn't get any phone calls.

I would gladly keep any track that reduces takeout on my menu. There are already a couple that have 12% bets like Sam Houston and Retama.

I can't speak for the other ADWs of course, and I have a hunch, many don't want takeout decreases. But honestly, I'd be happy if tracks turned around tomorrow and stated that is it, takeout rates for now on will be between 10-12%.

The game would explode, some of the higher distribution fees would have to be lowered naturally, but in the end, tracks and horsemen would end up rolling in dough and horse racing would be a mainstream sport again.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #35
The_Knight_Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com

I would gladly keep any track that reduces takeout on my menu. There are already a couple that have 12% bets like Sam Houston and Retama.
I noticed Retama's 12% takeout on some pools this past weekend.
That left me wondering why haven't they drummed it up in the media for this meet.

Del Park Gives Bonus Experiment Some Time - By Tom LaMarra
Updated: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:52 PM

Delaware Park has received mostly favorable feedback on its ontrack exacta bonus experiment, but its potential may be hard to gauge until it has a chance to grow.

“We’re still sort of in the beginning stages of the experiment,” Delaware Park senior vice president and general counsel Michael Vild said Sept. 28. “We decided to give it a couple months and then take a close look at it. Hopefully we can expand it to other pools (in 2011).”

Vild said regulars at the track like the program, and overall industry comment has been positive. The one negative the track hears is that takeout should be reduced for all bettors, no matter where they play races from Delaware Park.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ment-some-time
The_Knight_Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #36
Turkoman

Looks like Delaware Park has some good things in mind. It would be great if several other tracks would do the same.

Turkoman
Turkoman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #37
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

Quote:
STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES, THIS IS BULLSHIT ACTING LIKE HOBOS WHERE ANY POSSIBLE CRUMB OF SALVATION GARNERS A STANDING OVATION.
I have to admit I loved this...anytime someone uses Hobo it makes me happy. Not sure why.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #38
point given

" Think globally and act locally " It starts with a single track garnering more on track wagering by offering a bonus to ontrack customers, reclaiming them from their homes . No not many will travel great distances to Delaware, but they can expand their local market, just as other tracks can do to their local markets, when they see success at Delaware. If the experiment is expanded to other bet types as well it will be more likely successful IMO. Now if other tracks follow along, it will get more folks on track and reclaim their audience. This might lead to ADWs lowering takeout down the line. It took a while for the tracks to lose their customers and will also take time to get them back and giving ontrack customers a bonus to get them back is a good thing to me. I wish my local track would give me a reason like this to patronize them more than I do now.

Del Park Gives Bonus Experiment Some Time - By Tom LaMarra
Updated: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 t 12:52 PM
Delaware Park has received mostly favorable feedback on its ontrack exacta bonus experiment, but its potential may be hard to gauge until it has a chance to grow.

“We’re still sort of in the beginning stages of the experiment,” Delaware Park senior vice president and general counsel Michael Vild said Sept. 28. “We decided to give it a couple months and then take a close look at it. Hopefully we can expand it to other pools (in 2011).”

Vild said regulars at the track like the program, and overall industry comment has been positive. The one negative the track hears is that takeout should be reduced for all bettors, no matter where they play races from Delaware Park.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ment-some-time[/QUOTE]
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply