Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Leparoux's Ride In Race 5

TVG just did a nice little close up on Leparoux aboard 18-1 bomb Connie Mac in the 5th at Sar. Did he fall asleep? Did his glance at the bigscreen give him the idea he was home free? My bets were up the track and had no stake in the outcome, but looks to me like he got a little complacent, to say the least.
Ramon nails him at the line.

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 08-18-2010 at 03:28 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
JBmadera

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
TVG just did a nice little close up on Leparoux aboard 18-1 bomb Connie Mac in the 6th at Sar. Did he fall asleep? Did his glance at the bigscreen give him the idea he was home free? My bets were up the track and had no stake in the outcome, but looks to me like he got a little complacent, to say the least.
Ramon nails him at the line.
typical deal where a jock is thinking and/or watching the big screen TV instead of riding.......Nothing in this game makes me crazier than jocks not riding their mounts out to the finish....everyone wants to be Terrel Owens......

and before the jock/big name horse homers jump in - this is just my opinion.
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
redshift1

Leparoux is not one to be complacent, horse was probably all out. Let's see what the PDF chart says.

Last edited by redshift1; 08-18-2010 at 03:44 PM.
redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

The chart agrees with PhantomOnTour.

http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20100818&RN=5

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
shhail2

i had the pick 3 finishing with the 6 for 850 dollars and got nailed at the wire. Needless to say i was mad at lep for not riding the horse to the wire. With the amount he lost by there is no doubt he would have won he geered the horse down near the wire..
shhail2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

wow almost made a big play on Cornelius McGillicuddy.
one i had been following

ouch @ the chart
Old 08-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
sammy the sage

Hell....you think that was bad...just look at Garcia in the 3rd vs the 8th...like TWO DIFFERENT jocks...he's been DOING that the entire meet!
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
toussaud

Man I thought i was the only one that caught that. he should have won that race. put it in cruise control and got caught.
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #9
horses4courses

R4 SAR

I did not see Race 5, but I did watch the previous one.

Leparoux timed his finish to perfection on a Wesley Ward horse, and held on by a head over a Dutrow horse who had been bet down to favorite.
It may have been Dominguez on the runner-up, I can't recall.
Whoever it was, Leparoux out-rode him in the final quarter mile.

The next race may not have been his best.

The highs and lows of race riding..........
Old 08-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #10
Grits

This one hurt, indeed! I absolutely hung my head.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
Fager Fan
Veteran

He knew the other horse was coming. This is called letting TVG commentators influence your opinion. The chart caller too. How often do you see those kinds of comments in a chart?

Last edited by Fager Fan; 08-18-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 12:51 AM   #12
the little guy

I really think you all need to watch the ENTIRE race.

At no point is he even, theoretically, " trying " with this horse....which has to make you ask WHY. In other words, he didn't ride any differently late than he did at any point beforehand, so what was really going on. Given that no rider is riding better than Leparoux at this meeting, and I can't recall anybody EVER calling his integrity into question, thus perhaps people are actually missing the bigger picture. Believe me, I don't " know " anything, or have a particular theory, but I also firmly believe that there was nothing amiss. Every ride is not the same, and every horse shouldn't be ridden the same, and the entirety of this ride is different than you see on most every horse....so ask yourself why before condemning the guy.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #13
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I really think you all need to watch the ENTIRE race.

At no point is he even, theoretically, " trying " with this horse....which has to make you ask WHY. In other words, he didn't ride any differently late than he did at any point beforehand, so what was really going on. Given that no rider is riding better than Leparoux at this meeting, and I can't recall anybody EVER calling his integrity into question, thus perhaps people are actually missing the bigger picture. Believe me, I don't " know " anything, or have a particular theory, but I also firmly believe that there was nothing amiss. Every ride is not the same, and every horse shouldn't be ridden the same, and the entirety of this ride is different than you see on most every horse....so ask yourself why before condemning the guy.
Correct me if I am wrong...but are you saying that - eventhough he was not "really trying" with this horse at any point in the race - he should be forgiven because he is riding better than anyone at this meet, and also because his integrity has never been questioned in the past?

We know that not all horses should be ridden the same...but I thought that a reasonable effort was expected from ALL the jockeys capable of winning the race.

He fails to "try" with a horse that loses right on the wire...and yet, "there was nothing amiss"?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #14
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Correct me if I am wrong...but are you saying that - eventhough he was not "really trying" with this horse at any point in the race - he should be forgiven because he is riding better than anyone at this meet, and also because his integrity has never been questioned in the past?

We know that not all horses should be ridden the same...but I thought that a reasonable effort was expected from ALL the jockeys capable of winning the race.

He fails to "try" with a horse that loses right on the wire...and yet, "there was nothing amiss"?

No, I am saying that everything, especially in racing, is not as it appears...and thus just because it may look like less than full effort is being given does not make it the case. In this case, he was trying, but not necessarily in the way that appears most obvious. The entire picture presents at least this possibility...and actually the likelihood. He handled this horse carefully, to say the least, the entire way around. Has anybody actually taken the time to look at her pps? She aint exactly Kelso.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #15
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
No, I am saying that everything, especially in racing, is not as it appears...and thus just because it may look like less than full effort is being given does not make it the case. In this case, he was trying, but not necessarily in the way that appears most obvious. The entire picture presents at least this possibility...and actually the likelihood. He handled this horse carefully, to say the least, the entire way around. Has anybody actually taken the time to look at her pps? She aint exactly Kelso.
Andy...the question is not whether or not she is like Kelso.

The question is...would she have won if she wasn't handled this "carefully"?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: