Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #16
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG
“Unfortunately” for race watchers it’s actually just the opposite. You spend 3+ hours on a card and between him and Donavan (is that his name?) they hand out choice information for free / to an already sharp crowd.

True; he is clearly not in the class of the Beulah Twins, but the guy certainly does his work and is more then willing to share.

BTW: Purple hearts to ANYONE working on the backside at Aqueduct this winter. (Any cold weather circuit for that matter) I can’t imagine getting there before sunrise to chip the ice from the feed tub.
I agree from personal experience about the NYRA winter backstretch experience. We stabled our horses at Belmont during the winter meet of 1980 at Aqueduct with sub-zero temps. I developed frostbite in all my fingers in both hands in the first 2 weeks. Brrrrrr and ouch!!

Bob

Last edited by bobphilo; 02-07-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #17
clore1030

Not to dismiss him or his abilities, but I make my own selections. I don't "consult" with any public handicappers. I do pay attention to his picks though as his preferences do affect the odds. I'll come up with a horse, he'll agree 10 minutes before post time, and suddenly my 5/2 goes off at 3/2.

What I do like is when we disagree, and he literally mentions that my pick is no good. if it comes in, I'm going to get a better price than I anticipated.

Almost by design his job is going to annoy more persons than it pleases. Thirty minutes after making someone happy while they collect, he'll probably have them swearing at him when they tear up the next ticket. It's like what a rider goes through from one race to the next.

I love the Trips and Traps Show though, so if you're paying attention Andy, kudos for that.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #18
bobphilo

Andy, In my handicapping I rely heavily on acurate speed figures and my interpretations of a horse's changing form. I therefore depend on reliable trip analysis to evaluate how the horses figures were earned. In this you provide an invaluable service and you do it well with intelligence and humor. Keep up the good work, little guy.

Bob

Last edited by bobphilo; 02-07-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Another friend of Andy's causing mischief I see...
Closed Thread