Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-20-2018, 07:53 AM   #526
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Okay you have identified the problem, now how do you remedy it?

Pretend it doesn’t exist?

Allan
Apparently, the lefts savior, Ole Chucky doesn't want a solution...havent ya heard???

It doesn't matter what R's propose, ole chucky says no deal....So who really wants to help all those poor children???
If I were the R's, I would plater that everywhere and have the Dems forced to the table so some serious conversations can happen on how to remedy the problem...
And as another poster said...Have it TELEVISED.... Bet it gets solved then!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #527
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Apparently, the lefts savior, Ole Chucky doesn't want a solution...havent ya heard???

It doesn't matter what R's propose, ole chucky says no deal....So who really wants to help all those poor children???
If I were the R's, I would plater that everywhere and have the Dems forced to the table so some serious conversations can happen on how to remedy the problem...
And as another poster said...Have it TELEVISED.... Bet it gets solved then!!
The party, that owns Compassion lock, stock and barre,l definitely needs an issue for the midterms. The "caged", "traumatized" kiddies are it!

And Hcap calls me a "heartless idiot".
Old 06-20-2018, 08:07 AM   #528
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
There are man-made laws and there are God-made laws.

Separating children from their parents for trying to come to the United States is a man-made law.

Anyone with any decency knows that separating children from their parents is in this case knows it is wrong.

In fact, it is evil.
Are you 100% sure that ALL the children who came with adults are their children?
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #529
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's not really a problem. It's law enforcement business as usual.

I love how the hypocrisy of selective outrage continues to be ignored by the outraged.
I'm not outraged.

It's sad and it's terrible. It should be stopped. That's about it. I'm not debating the legality of it.

Trump could stop it with a flick of his pen and won't -

Republicans are introducing legislation to fix it so but will probably pad it with concessions so then

Democrats are outraged but don't trust republicans and are holding out to damage the President so

The White House did manufacture this crises though.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #530
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Are you 100% sure that ALL the children who came with adults are their children?
I believe the ones in question are The Offspring ( ya gotta keepem separated) of Bob Baffert.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #531
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm not outraged.

It's sad and it's terrible. It should be stopped. That's about it. I'm not debating the legality of it.

Trump could stop it with a flick of his pen and won't -

Republicans are introducing legislation to fix it so but will probably pad it with concessions so then

Democrats are outraged but don't trust republicans and are holding out to damage the President so

The White House did manufacture this crises though.
So, you want Trump to become a Scofflaw? He does not have the legal authority to nullify a law that the duly elected People's Representatives of both Houses passed? Only Congress can rescind their own laws. Essentially, you want Trump to become a dictator because you personally don't like the immigration law that Congress passed?

And what happens if Trump does that and then down the road, he pulls the same stunt with some other law -- but this time with some law that you hold dear to your bosom -- then what? Then you become a hypocrite, right?

The WH did not manufacture this crisis. The Dems and the MM did. The law has been on the books for years. All Trump is doing is telling the DOJ and other agencies to do what Obama never did -- ENFORCE the freakin' laws because we're a nation that abides by the Rule of Law!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #532
upthecreek

Media using fake photos I'm Shocked!

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/bor.../19/id/867146/
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #533
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
So, you want Trump to become a Scofflaw? He does not have the legal authority to nullify a law that the duly elected People's Representatives of both Houses passed? Only Congress can rescind their own laws. Essentially, you want Trump to become a dictator because you personally don't like the immigration law that Congress passed?

And what happens if Trump does that and then down the road, he pulls the same stunt with some other law -- but this time with some law that you hold dear to your bosom -- then what? Then you become a hypocrite, right?

The WH did not manufacture this crisis. The Dems and the MM did. The law has been on the books for years. All Trump is doing is telling the DOJ and other agencies to do what Obama never did -- ENFORCE the freakin' laws because we're a nation that abides by the Rule of Law!
You trope bores me...

The law wasn't being enforced... it appears for fairly obvious reasons.

Trump chose to enforce it when the zero tolerance EO came down. So yes... he created the issue we have now.

In the meantime kids are being used a political poker chips. Its a bad look.

I know your dear leader is above any and all sort of criticism so we can just stop this now. AFAIK you haven't said one single negative thing about the guy yet no matter what he does. Until you can find fault in just ONE thing this man has done there is no point debating with you. You're indoctrinated. You put words in other peoples mouth and make assumptions because they dare say something negative about Trump... the serial philanderer... its hilarious.

Last I checked there are still laws on the books about anal sex... shall we start enforcing those as well?

What’s Really Happening When Asylum-Seeking Families Are Separated?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-20-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #534
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There has to be some counterbalance to the folks who find fault with EVERYTHING he does...and I do literally mean, EVERYTHING!

The man who was once sought after by liberals and conservatives alike...the man whose wedding invitation was warmly accepted by the Clintons...is now hated to the core by those very same people all because he happened to beat Hillary in the election.

He's not the only rich white guy politician with many faults. But those faults have all been magnified one billion times by a complicit media who is without a doubt bent on helping get him out of office and into a jail cell ASAP.

You of all people, should be relishing all things Trump simply because of the above. You usually eat hypocrisy like that up like a hungry dog.

We all know he sucks as a human being and doesn't speak like a polished politician. That's part of the appeal.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #535
chadk66

The left cannot afford a solution to this. It will be election disaster for them.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #536
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There has to be some counterbalance to the folks who find fault with EVERYTHING he does...and I do literally mean, EVERYTHING!

The man who was once sought after by liberals and conservatives alike...the man whose wedding invitation was warmly accepted by the Clintons...is now hated to the core by those very same people all because he happened to beat Hillary in the election.

He's not the only rich white guy politician with many faults. But those faults have all been magnified one billion times by a complicit media who is without a doubt bent on helping get him out of office and into a jail cell ASAP.

You of all people, should be relishing all things Trump simply because of the above. You usually eat hypocrisy like that up like a hungry dog.

We all know he sucks as a human being and doesn't speak like a polished politician. That's part of the appeal.
I've given him props on many things.

That gets ignored for finding faults on other stuff. Coupled with the fact the guy changes his tune on issues every other day. It makes it pretty easy if you agree with him on Tuesday but he changed his mind on Thursday.

Obama got credit for certain things and got hammered equally by me.

Its no different except its THEIR GUY this time.

I'm sorry but this "crises" if its even that was manufactured by this White House when they passed down the EO's.

Maybe this was an unintended consequence but then my god who ****ing works there to not see this coming down the pipe?!?! DHS separated some 300 kids in the first week of enforcing the EO. Its not like this snuck up out of nowhere...

He could even say "Hey I intend to enforce the laws on the books. This appears to be a bad one so we should press pause and fix it."

Instead he doubles down on stupid.

Its shoot first aim later. Its common with this administration.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #537
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

Last I checked there are still laws on the books about anal sex... shall we start enforcing those as well?

We're overwhelmed with people that want to send almost everyone to jail because 'the laws'... except those patriotic Cliven Bundy types. Then we get speeches about the greatness of jury nullification and the like. The law is the law crowd can be as fickle as anyone.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 10:09 AM   #538
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
We're overwhelmed with people that want to send almost everyone to jail because 'the laws'... except those patriotic Cliven Bundy types. Then we get speeches about the greatness of jury nullification and the like. The law is the law crowd can be as fickle as anyone.
Great Example.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #539
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It's not really a problem. It's law enforcement business as usual.

I love how the hypocrisy of selective outrage continues to be ignored by the outraged.
The immigrant families consist of both Mexicans illegally coming across the border, and refugees from inhumane conditions of certain central Americas countries, asylum seekers

Zero tolerance and separating families is not anything but a recent change in policy. It has never been business as usual.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/is-seek...harder-9507088

.....enforcement of his new "zero tolerance policy" along the southern U.S. border raises many questions, one of the biggest ones being whether seeking asylum is legal or not as a result of any "new law. "

Under the "zero tolerance policy," announced by Attorney General Jeff Sessions in early April, asylum seekers crossing the U.S.-Mexico border must make their claim at ports of entry, or risk prosecution and potential separation from any children they're traveling with.

The problem is that requesting asylum at a port of entry is not as easy as he makes it sound, as AZ Central points out. Asylum seekers are reportedly met with waits as long as five days to make a claim, or even officials turning asylum seekers away.

What's more, on June 11, Sessions announced that the U.S. would no longer be granting asylum to those fleeing domestic violence or gang violence — a major shift, since many of those seeking asylum from Central America are fleeing the region's enormous gang violence problem, in which sexual violence and domestic abuse are frequently used as tactics of fear or coercion. Sessions said,

The United States has a legal obligation to provide asylum to individuals that qualify as refugees and make their claim on U.S. soil, thanks to the the 1967 U.N. Protocol and the Refugee Act of 1980.

Last edited by hcap; 06-20-2018 at 10:14 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 10:20 AM   #540
highnote

I grew up a Methodist. Perhaps this has something to with my feelings toward separating children from parents. The Methodists have brought Church Charges against Sessions.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/methodist...165117226.html

On a side note... ICE raided the FreshMark meat packing plants in Ohio. I grew up a couple miles from one of them. It was tiny when I was in high school. I drove by it recently and it had become a huge facility. I knew and everyone else around town knew that many of the workers there were undocumented and illegal immigrants. The only way FreshMark could grow the business that much is by paying low wages. You know and I know management knew the type of people they were hiring. Greed got the better of them.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply