Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #451
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby
Never said the Classic should be the end all. I mentioned earlier that,... it's not as if Z had lost a few races which would make winning the BC no guarrantee of a title. But you put an undefeated season with winning the biggest race in North America together, well then, come on.

How Rachel deliberately sat on the sidelines, is unthinkable.

And as it turns out Rachel is not the horse everyone thought she was. Yeah she strung together some great races, but it didn't last. Any horse can string together great races, with great times, even claimers, we see it all the time.
I apologize, wasn't fully caffenated with the earlier reply. Your bitterness about last year was the subject, not just this year. Sorry, Zen didn't deserve it. End of story.

But, back to this year. Think of this as a test. A test of Jerry Moss. Remember when he said "Nobody beat her on the racetrack. They beat her by proxy." Well, now is his chance to show how much bigger than 'those people' he is. If he stands by those words from last year, he should pull a Sherman ("She is not a candidate for HOY. If selected I will not accecpt."). Because, this year she was beaten on the track, and the horse who beat her is the other main candidate. So, having failed to beat Blame on the track, could he really live with himself beating him by proxy?
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #452
ohbaby
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
I apologize, wasn't fully caffenated with the earlier reply. Your bitterness about last year was the subject, not just this year. Sorry, Zen didn't deserve it. End of story.

But, back to this year. Think of this as a test. A test of Jerry Moss. Remember when he said "Nobody beat her on the racetrack. They beat her by proxy." Well, now is his chance to show how much bigger than 'those people' he is. If he stands by those words from last year, he should pull a Sherman ("She is not a candidate for HOY. If selected I will not accecpt."). Because, this year she was beaten on the track, and the horse who beat her is the other main candidate. So, having failed to beat Blame on the track, could he really live with himself beating him by proxy?
As if anything the owner said has anything to do with anything. WOW,.. you baffle me.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #453
FenceBored

Quote:
As if anything the owner said has anything to do with anything. WOW,.. you baffle me.
Please, don't leave your chin uncovered like that.
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #454
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I heards on Byk's show yesterday that Pletcher will be giving one of his Derby prospects a total of two starts between now and the Derby.

Remember the good old days when they at least showed up a few times a year to beat tomato cans?

Talk about your ducking......
Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #455
BluegrassProf

"I think the sky is purple because blue is REALLY close to purple and Jerry Moss says it's totally purple. Yea, it's just my theory, but it seems pretty obvious to me. See, the sky wants to turn purple all the time, but it just chooses not to...it's playin' games! Messin' with us, that purplest-ever sky! It turns a little purpler every day - don't you see it?? We were SO close to seeing it turn purple last week, but it didn't and now y'all are like 'see? it's not purple!' and you're waaay crazy. It's still totally purple."

See? Just makin' stuff up sounds ridiculous, - particularly the super arbitrary bits like purple skies and fantasy gears on placing racehorses. Maybe that's what you're after...I suppose I don't know yet...
Quote:
Are you another moderator here abusing your power?

Thanks for making me feel really welcome here.
Yup...everyone here is turrible, and you're a complete delight.

Welcome to PA!

Last edited by BluegrassProf; 11-17-2010 at 10:17 AM.
BluegrassProf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #456
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

[QUOTE=ohbaby]And as it turns out Rachel is not the horse everyone thought she was. QUOTE]She was the horse I thought she was: that is, a very nice filly that put together a great yar, but one that would get smoked by any of the handicap stars, and some of the good 3yo's, from earlier in this century.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #457
Grits

Quote:
Yeah, more than likely she would pull up after a length or 2. Cause she likes to play games. But I was just theorizing if she realized that she lost,... the next time she might not make the win margin so close, if she really enjoys going to the winners circle. Just a theory.
Don't think your theory will be tested. Sorry. Zenyatta's coming back across those Rockies in about three weeks or so.

You've commented about your reception here, in taking the time to look over your 55 or so posts, 37 of them have regarded your position on Zenyatta. As long as this remains, you may continue to find those that do not agree with you. This being how messageboards work, and you know that's ok. Still, given her announced retirement this afternoon, you may like to move on to contributing more. I hope so. Anyway, welcome to Pace Advantage.

One question though if I may--how'd you come up with this screename?
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply