Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-03-2023, 06:31 PM   #1
Al Gobbi

Saffie Joseph Jr. - Masters Stakes positive test

Quote:
The Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission has disqualified Artie's Princess from her victory in the $400,600 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes (G2) Sept. 19, 2022, and has suspended her trainer, Saffie Joseph Jr., for 15 days after the mare failed a post-race drug test.

Before the appeal was filed, the PHRC had called for Joseph's suspension to run from June 5 through June 19. He also was fined $500.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...e-2-stakes-win
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2023, 07:31 PM   #2
Boomer

Horse must have neuropathy or epilepsy
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2023, 07:43 PM   #3
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

I’m shocked.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2023, 09:50 PM   #4
Suff
Beat up 💪

Tree fell in the woods

Nobody heard it.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:50 AM   #5
1st time lasix

He said he had never even heard of the drug previously…. He is appealing. The amount found was minuscule. Sounds like contamination to me.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2023, 08:25 AM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st time lasix View Post
He said he had never even heard of the drug previously…. He is appealing. The amount found was minuscule. Sounds like contamination to me.
Imagine getting accused of a false positive (obvious contamination).

Of some medication (gah bar pec-tin??, or something) that you've never heard of, and then you prepare your defense for this strange substance, and it turns out to be the 11th most frequently prescribed medication! This stuff is contaminating thoroughbred race horses.

He's a trainer and not a vet, so he wouldn't necessarily know of medical things like neuropathy, but it's still unsettling that there are these weird substances floating around that you've never heard of before that so many people are taking.

it's like a zombie movie.

The PHRC should provide counseling and a bowling party with pizza.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:42 AM   #7
United Puett
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Imagine getting accused of a false positive (obvious contamination).

Of some medication (gah bar pec-tin??, or something) that you've never heard of, and then you prepare your defense for this strange substance, and it turns out to be the 11th most frequently prescribed medication!
Gabapentin is also common in companion animal veterinary medicine these days. I've had it prescribed for both dogs and cats in the past few years.
United Puett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2023, 12:31 PM   #8
paulbenny

The notion that a trainer does not know the medications used in their business makes little sense as an excuse. They run the business. They cannot be there for every situation but their business is accountable for the outcome. Maybe he should read a little about vets and medications. It was already cleared established based upon opinions here that he is a very honest trainer. Honest trainers still are accountable for bad outcomes and mistakes by their team.
paulbenny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2023, 02:32 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbenny View Post
It was already cleared established based upon opinions here that he is a very honest trainer. Honest trainers still are accountable for bad outcomes and mistakes by their team.
Are you serious?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2023, 04:08 PM   #10
paulbenny

yes. I was hammered for suggesting he was not clean by the majority of people who weighed in but not a statistical sample so I backed off. you see, people who are always commenting must be right?? I occasionally take a position and was hammered into submission. I do not get into these debates much, I would rather watch videos of Alydar. However, I do respect you as much as anyone.

that being said, it wore me out so lets see what happens. I was very discouraged to argue with people.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:58 PM   #11
iamt

You were hammered for thinking that your suggestion was something unique and not obvious to just about every other horseplayer out there, not because everyone thought he was clean.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2023, 05:12 PM   #12
paulbenny

well, i am not on here much and did not sift through thousands of back and forth exchanges. sorry about that. it seems to me a lot of people must be bored or something.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:16 PM   #13
iamt

They were on one thread. That you started.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2023, 07:49 PM   #14
paulbenny

yes for the first time in years. because of some analysis i did. again that was not since 2020 when I was suspicious of Navarro and a few others. I am too busy to engage year round and I was engaging people who I believe are more knowledgeable than I am and the feedback was slanted towards he is honest from what I read. Let me clarify, after three years I decided to engage on here and clearly it is something I will do start again in terms of a thread in a long time. a lot of people are very upset or angry on here more on other things. it was supposed to be horse racing but when I log in a lot is about things extraneous.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:24 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbenny View Post
yes for the first time in years. because of some analysis i did. again that was not since 2020 when I was suspicious of Navarro and a few others. I am too busy to engage year round and I was engaging people who I believe are more knowledgeable than I am and the feedback was slanted towards he is honest from what I read. Let me clarify, after three years I decided to engage on here and clearly it is something I will do start again in terms of a thread in a long time. a lot of people are very upset or angry on here more on other things. it was supposed to be horse racing but when I log in a lot is about things extraneous.
There is an option here (if you use today's posts or new posts), to not see off-topic:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=5,48,55,81,96

It's also under QUICK LINKS in the menu bar

I don't actually think OFF-TOPIC has any thing to do with how your thread was received...why would it?

Don't make off-topic a patsy just because you weren't happy with how people responded to your thread.