Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #166
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
He wasn’t elected to make friends or relationships with anybody in DC. He was elected to kick em square in the ass.
If you are one of those people who actually believes that you can "do it all on your own" then you are no different than a flat-earther.

ALL business is poltiical and all politics and business is based on relationships and networking.

Anyone who doesn't grasp this will never be a successful person. Flame-throwing isn't how successful people operate.

I suspect you've actually lived in the society/civilization for long enough to know this? It's not even an argument. It's called REALITY.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-07-2019 at 12:56 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #167
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Like what? Mexico paying for the wall? Repeal and replace ObamaCare? Defund Planned Parenthood? Deport 12 million illegals? Eliminate the debt in 8 years? End DACA? End Common Core? Trillion dollar revenue neutral infrastructure improvements? Major tax reform for middle class?

All of the above are Trump campaign promises that he hasn't even started on.
And we have already told you more than once what we have gotten and are happy with it. Look, YOU don't like Trump, great - YOUR right.
But please, don't presume to tell US what we like and what we are happy with.
It destroys your credibility.

Most of us us are happy as hell with what we have gotten.
the rest is gravy.

We understand the congress it is the bad guys here. We understand Trump needs the congress to work with him and they will not. We understand we are dealing with scumbag liars in both parties who do not in any way represent the people.

We stopped the Bitch.
We got judges, we got jobs, we cut tax cuts.

Now all he too do is destroy the GOP and I will be dancing in the streets.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:01 PM   #168
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
In the political environment, the wells, ALL the wells, are poisoned.

Let's not be naive.

These people we "hired" to work for us ON BOTH SIDES are supposed to be able to navigate those waters. They are ALL sharks swimming in the same pool, that IS the Beltway.

It's always been that way. Like I said, though, the key feature of ANY good negotiator is that they come to the table KNOWING that in order to get something, they have to give up something.

In our society, the very idea of not having everything your own way seems to be a dying concept???? Not just in the political realm.
I don't disagree but in this particular fight the deal was available... the opportunity squandered... why?

Because compromise is a four letter word to the Trump base. Take Chad's post just a moment ago...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #169
clicknow

Quote:
I forget, was Trump a Republican or a Democrat or an Independent that year?

Does anyone think it even matters anymore?

Like Coulter, political beings go in the direction the wind blows.

They always have their lifeboats at-the-ready, as well as a boat-load of excuses as to why they were whatever they were a year ago, a month ago, etc.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #170
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Because compromise is a four letter word to the Trump base. Take Chad's post just a moment ago...
And I addressed Chad's post, and hope it is not actually his "world view" because I have never experienced any successful business person who holds a flame-thower and wears a big boot thinking that kind of behavior/strategy will be useful to them.

NONE. Ever.

Political or otherwise.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-07-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #171
chadk66

Quote:
If you are one of those people who actually believes that you can "do it all on your own" then you are no different than a flat-earther.

ALL business is poltiical and all politics and business is based on relationships and networking.

Anyone who doesn't grasp this will never be a successful person. Flame-throwing isn't how successful people operate.

I suspect you've actually lived in the society/civilization for long enough to know this? It's not even an argument. It's called REALITY.
generally speaking that is correct. But currently in DC with insane partisanship that hasnt been happening for quite some time. A new method needed to be implemented even if for only a few years. It was time to get what people of this country wanted done and not what the politicians did or didn’t want to get done.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #172
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
But currently in DC with insane partisanship
.....and of course, you and anyone with an opinion here is not participating in that "insane partisanship", right?

I have a lot of both Dem and Rep friends. One of them even has a Trump flag flying on her flagpole, in front of her house.

I can ASSURE you, however, that none of them are rightwingnutjobs or leftwingnutjobs.

Unforutunately, that is not what you get on internet forums, where people are anonymous, posting from behind keyboards.

In other words, while it is entertaining to argue politics this way, it doesn't really reflect how normal everyday people think. What you see on internet forums is way more extreme polarization than you get when going to Christmas and New Year's parties in a MIXED POLTICAL group, and you actually talk with people face-to-face.

Because I know this, I guess I don't develop the kind of hatred and extremist type "spittle forming at sides of mouth" stuff I see here and on other internet forums......because most people I meet are nothing at all like that.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-07-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:38 PM   #173
Ocala Mike

Quote:

I forget, was Trump a Republican or a Democrat or an Independent that year?
He was a birther!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 02:13 PM   #174
Clocker

Grocery stores are starting to report inability to process EBT payments because of the shutdown. That is going to have people marching in the streets.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-govt-shutdown
Old 01-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #175
TJDave

Quote:
Grocery stores are starting to report inability to process EBT payments because of the shutdown. That is going to have people marching in the streets.
If it keeps them out of grocery stores...good.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #176
woodtoo

Quote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-govt-shutdown
2 stores only time to don the yellow vests.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #177
chadk66

Quote:
.....and of course, you and anyone with an opinion here is not participating in that "insane partisanship", right?

I have a lot of both Dem and Rep friends. One of them even has a Trump flag flying on her flagpole, in front of her house.

I can ASSURE you, however, that none of them are rightwingnutjobs or leftwingnutjobs.

Unforutunately, that is not what you get on internet forums, where people are anonymous, posting from behind keyboards.

In other words, while it is entertaining to argue politics this way, it doesn't really reflect how normal everyday people think. What you see on internet forums is way more extreme polarization than you get when going to Christmas and New Year's parties in a MIXED POLTICAL group, and you actually talk with people face-to-face.

Because I know this, I guess I don't develop the kind of hatred and extremist type "spittle forming at sides of mouth" stuff I see here and on other internet forums......because most people I meet are nothing at all like that.
cute little story
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2019, 09:19 AM   #178
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hypocrite alert!
Who else, but NANCY PELOSI.

After all the whining and crying about taking back the people;s house, and then the big list of goals and great things the dems were going to accomplish, NOW they are threatening to block ALL legislation until the SD is over.

I guess the PEOPLE can "go fund themselves!"
Old 01-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #179
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Hypocrite alert!
Who else, but NANCY PELOSI.

After all the whining and crying about taking back the people;s house, and then the big list of goals and great things the dems were going to accomplish, NOW they are threatening to block ALL legislation until the SD is over.

I guess the PEOPLE can "go fund themselves!"
I thought you guys wanted the shut down?

Request seems perfectly reasonable to any none partisan. GOP did the same trick with Obama.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #180
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

1. Oh, you missed the point.

2. Whataboutit-ism?