Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-15-2023, 02:15 PM   #16
Milkshaker

Went to watch the replay at TwinSpires. Enjoyed 4 minutes 57 seconds of the race and then the replay craps out (ends abruptly well before the finish).
Milkshaker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2023, 03:23 PM   #17
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Nice call !
Thanks like I said very lucky he got the best trip out of anyone

Glad he did but this had to be the worst Grand National race I've ever seen with a lot of fallers and one where there might have been an unfortunate death on the course.

They said it was Hill Sixteen that fell at the very first fence and had an "unrecoverable" injury that he had to be put down

I don't think I have ever seen Animal Activists at the National only at different races like at Melbourne where they were last year I believe and they poured this substance on the course and had to pretty much rip the track apart in order to make the surface to run on safe enough
Old 04-15-2023, 05:45 PM   #18
snappit

Like most people who are interested in racing here in the UK I got into it through watching the Grand National, in my case in 1983. It is the most famous and most watched horse race in the world and like millions of others I have always enjoyed it. Today, however, for the first time I found it an uncomfortable watch and felt flat after it finished. It is the first time I have seen so much trouble on the first circuit. Sadly Hill Sixteen died. He has never fallen in all his races and has completed this course twice. I have now seen reports that he had a heart attack. He, like some of the others, got revved up and it is entirely plausible that this was down to the delay because of the protestors. I have no problem with people holding their own opinions on the race or with them protesting in a peaceful way, but today they went over the top and may well have contributed to the sad events. There have now been 118 arrests. I would like to say thanks to the police and security people who did an admiral job.

snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply