Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
Kash$
Veteran

Drf

Watching the Serling and Pack interview this afternoon,

Serling mentioned back in the 80's and 90's drf would published jockeys who were fined for not trying or giving a less effort.

Why did they stop?
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 08:44 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Watching the Serling and Pack interview this afternoon,

Serling mentioned back in the 80's and 90's drf would published jockeys who were fined for not trying or giving a less effort.

Why did they stop?

Ran out of ink?

Not enough paper?

Wanted to condense the form?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Now they print the list of those who try.
It saves a lot of space.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
It saves a lot of space.
Love it!!!
Old 08-06-2015, 09:52 PM   #5
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
It saves a lot of space.
Classic
Old 08-06-2015, 09:58 PM   #6
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Ran out of ink?

Not enough paper?

Wanted to condense the form?
And none of you can really see absolutely no way to profit from this??
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
And none of you can really see absolutely no way to profit from this??
I do and I LOVE IT!!!!

Except, when it "happens to me"

But 8 1/2 out of 10 times, I LOVE IT as yes it's profitable.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 08-06-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #8
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I do and I LOVE IT!!!!

Except, when it "happens to me"

But 8 1/2 out of 10 times, I LOVE IT as yes it's profitable.
Cool..I posted on this very subject yesterday EMD. About a horse getting "couponed" ---I like that term. It's on my The Mountain 8-5 thread in SELECTIONS if you wanna check it out

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-06-2015 at 10:18 PM.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Cool..I posted on this very subject yesterday EMD. About a horse getting "couponed" ---I like that term. It's on my The Mountain 8-5 thread in SELECTIONS if you wanna check it out
I have more but they can't be said on here. Extremely politically incorrect. Learned them from some amazing horseplayers I met over the years. They took the most brutal of rides and yelled out the most amazingly accurate phrases known to mankind. To this day I can't forget the 1st time I heard certain phrases.

To give you a taste. Picture this: 7 across the track at Santa Anita mid 90's. 8 horse field. Rail horse has lead by 1/2, 2nd horse is second by a half, 3rd horse is 3 wide 3rd by a 1/2, 4th horse is 4 wide 4th by a head, 5th horse is 5w 5th by 3/4, 6th horse is 6 wide 6th by 1/2 and the 7th horse is 7 wide 7th by 3 lengths.

This is mid backstretch in a 6F dirt sprint.

Guy's horse is 8th under what I call the "domino" (I call it that for note taking. If the leader falls down to his right, all the horses next to him will fall like a domino. Helps me visualize the race without rewatching it).

All his jockey has to do is stay underneath the domino, tip out into the lane jog by.

Jock on the horse in last takes up, goes all out 8-9 wide from the 1/2 mile pole. Makes a super 8 wide sweep around the far turn (second quarter split was very good as well) his horse is rallying into the lane but is obviously losing starch after the assinine far turn move, rallies to miss a nose at the wire in a soft third quarter.

It's obvious to the world that if the jock just stayed tucked under the domino around the far turn, he would've jogged by ten after angling into the lane.

Guy goes bezerk, throws old drf into the mounted TV, picks it up and throws it right back at the TV. Spits upward at the TV and screams out the most amazing insult that is so fitting for what happened.

To this day, I still will say it under my breath or sometimes loud for all to hear if I am really pissed at the knucklehead involved.

I can't repeat it, don't kill me but it has motivated me to come up with some pc curse outs when the pinhead snatches defeat from the JAWS OF VICTORY!
Old 08-08-2015, 02:11 PM   #10
bobbyt62

I wouldn't say it was "a list of jockeys who don't try" . That infers that the editors of the form were doing something that could be libelous. What the form used to do (I can't remember when they quit, but it was approximately when the old eastern "broadsheet" version went to tabloid size) was publish all stewards rulings, even from small tracks, and even for non- horse personnel, like parking lot attendants. If a jock had a ruling for non effort, it was published in the drf. Overages, fights, you name it. And they were published with the persons actual, complete social security number. I collect old forms , so I have a lot of these lurking in my basement.
bobbyt62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #11
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt62
I wouldn't say it was "a list of jockeys who don't try" . That infers that the editors of the form were doing something that could be libelous. What the form used to do (I can't remember when they quit, but it was approximately when the old eastern "broadsheet" version went to tabloid size) was publish all stewards rulings, even from small tracks, and even for non- horse personnel, like parking lot attendants. If a jock had a ruling for non effort, it was published in the drf. Overages, fights, you name it. And they were published with the persons actual, complete social security number. I collect old forms , so I have a lot of these lurking in my basement.
Yep
Old 08-08-2015, 03:40 PM   #12
Fingal

I always found those lists of Stewards rulings interesting reading as a way to kill time in the pre simulcasting days between races. I believe the DRF stopped listing them when the Steward meeting notes became available through other means.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #13
whodoyoulike
Veteran

I recall certain track websites have published Steward fines and/or decisions or maybe I've seen them reported on the CHRB site for Cali track rulings.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: