Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
Grits

Keeneland, currently a construction site.

Gentlemen, (and ladies), you will be able to purchase these seats during Keeneland's beautiful, upcoming Fall meet. They will be available, daily, in newly completed, finely appointed areas. It will cost you a body part. (I'll leave up to you--which one.) But keep in mind, there will be absolutely no riff raff. As Dilanesp reminded all of us. "You're with beautiful people; how many get to do that all day?"

This opportunity to contribute to the Keeneland Association is not for those light on funds, or those confined by lower credit card limits. For those who may feel a strain, you can schlep over to the Red Mile Simulcast Center and drink Woodford Reserve all day.

And to think. I had the unmitigated gall to mention that $40 paddock side picnic table NYRA's hustling in Sartoga's backyard.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-on-experience
Quote:
Tickets currently are on sale for the new areas as well as dining rooms, reserved grandstand seating, and general admission. The clubhouse chalet and paddock chalet are available Fridays and Saturdays at $80 per person, which includes admission, a lunch buffet, and a program. The six-seat loge boxes are available every day at $200 on Saturdays, $150 on Fridays, and $100 on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I can only think of one place worse the KEE to hold a Breeder's Cup.....Del Mar.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Arlington. Happened once. Hopefully never again.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #4
Fingal

Reading the story & the rundown that was on Paulick's site this morning I thought it was kind of ironic that while Saratoga is cutting down trees Keeneland is planting some in the Paddock.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...-taking-shape/

Quote:
1) The horse path in front of the stone saddling stalls at the north end of the Paddock has been enlarged and an additional saddling ring is being created. Both paths feature rubber pavers. Four oak trees also will be planted in the Paddock.
But why is it each time they mention Chalets I envision this structure in the Swiss Alps covered with snow ?
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 10:20 AM   #5
biggestal99

Looking forward to bc at keeneland this fall with only 28k going to see triple crown winner attempt to complete an undefeated 3 yo season.

Will be a great autumn day.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #6
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
Looking forward to bc at keeneland this fall with only 28k going to see triple crown winner attempt to complete an undefeated 3 yo season.

Will be a great autumn day.

Allan
Biggestal, I think they are planning on 45K according to the article. So, stay skinny. It might be tight.

Quote:
Reading the story & the rundown that was on Paulick's site this morning I thought it was kind of ironic that while Saratoga is cutting down trees Keeneland is planting some in the Paddock.
Fingal, there are more trees in the first 10 yards of any Saratoga gate than there are in--total--around Keeneland's paddock and racing areas. When I had a home in Lexington, I went to the races every day, every meet, and to simulcast, often, on other days.

Keeneland began cutting down trees years ago. And I'm noting, BIG trees of great age which change the landscape tremendously. Two that I recall, in particular. One was a beautiful Magnolia, another, between the clubhouse and the grandstand had a circular bench surrounding it. Compared to just a short time ago, Keeneland looks as though it's been neutered. .... Never a good thing to cut down trees.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: