Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #91
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jognlope
NY Post handicapper noted how Hansen had won by 12 to 13 lengths in last two wins, but I chose to ignore it.
It was in the past performances as well.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #92
dnlgfnk

I'm sure that the factor of largest winning margin(s) in the pp's would have earned a significant coefficient from Benter, regardless of the circumstances.
dnlgfnk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #93
FantasticDan
gelding

Congrats to Hansen, what a gutty effort. I thought for sure turning for home he was gonna be inhaled. Sure, if Union Rags doesn't think about going for a hot dog in the stretch he likely gets up, but still a run.

I had a chunky win bet all ready to go for Hansen.. knew I likely wouldn't get 10/1, but I was hoping for 7 or 8/1. I had to make my final bets and leave the track just as his race opened up. He was 9/2 at the time (which disappointed me), and so I quickly decided to take the aforementioned chunk and use it to towards my Classic bet instead.

Typical of how my day went.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #94
samyn on the green

unicorn never headed

I like this. I only watched one replay this week and it was Hansen's. Needed to check out those two thirteen length wins. But like a moron I did not play him.

After seeing his big win today I see big potential with this horse. Big white speed horse, I hope he becomes somebody, somebody that could save racing.

This is out of the box but thy should race him with a cone on his head and pretend that he is a unicorn and play his races on Saturday mornings for the kiddies to take up horse racing. This will pay big dividends in 15-20 years. Hansen is a once in a lifetime kinda horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
Don't worry about Hansen getting attention . he looks like walked right out of fairytale.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #95
SharpCat

Outside of Hansen being on the lead whas not really sure what to expect today. He ran much more professionally today. Instead of tearing away on the lead he relaxed very nicely for Ramon and finished much stronger today. It will be interesting to see how Hansen develops with more experience and as the distances increase. Union Rags ran a great race too. To be hooked wide on both turns, shifting out in the streatch and just get beat was huge.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #96
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green
I like this. I only watched one replay this week and it was Hansen's. Needed to check out those two thirteen length wins. But like a moron I did not play him.

After seeing his big win today I see big potential with this horse. Big white speed horse, I hope he becomes somebody, somebody that could save racing.

This is out of the box but thy should race him with a cone on his head and pretend that he is a unicorn and play his races on Saturday mornings for the kiddies to take up horse racing. This will pay big dividends in 15-20 years. Hansen is a once in a lifetime kinda horse.
You one funny dude!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #97
Leparoux

Hansen is MUCH better than any figure player made him out to be. I'm digging my local track Turfway Park horse!
Leparoux is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #98
nijinski

A nice rivalry for the future too hopefully if he and Union Rags remain sound.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #99
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leparoux
Hansen is MUCH better than any figure player made him out to be. I'm digging my local track Turfway Park horse!
What about the non-figure players who didn't think much of him before today?
Old 11-06-2011, 02:49 AM   #100
Leparoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What about the non-figure players who didn't think much of him before today?
Um ok, I guess they were wrong too?

Just pointing out that this horse was disregarded mainly due to the speed figure he was given, the horses he ran against and the track he came from.

all day!!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:51 AM   #101
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leparoux
Um ok, I guess they were wrong too?

Just pointing out that this horse was disregarded mainly due to the speed figure he was given, the horses he ran against and the track he came from.

all day!!
If speed figures rule the world, how come Uncle Mo went off at 5.4-1? He was the fourth choice in the wagering.

Didn't he have the best speed figure?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:19 AM   #102
Leparoux

Quote:
If speed figures rule the world, how come Uncle Mo went off at 5.4-1? He was the fourth choice in the wagering.

Didn't he have the best speed figure?
Who said speed figures rule the world? I just found it funny that every "expert" was tossing Hansen due to his speed figure I would assume.

You are nitpicking posts here... 5 was much better than many thought, figure guy or not. I played him in part because of the local aspect but also because it was a Juvenile race and this horse had done everything asked of him to date.

Great story, great horse, great race, great win.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #103
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Not nitpicking. Just questioning how much importance you place on speed figures in determining whether or not a horse is highly regarded.

Your posts seem to indicate you think speed figures play a big role in determining whether or not a horse is highly regarded. Uncle Mo is a perfect example of this not being so.

He had the biggest last out speed figure, and in fact had the biggest speed figure of any other horse in the race...ever...and still went off as the fourth choice.

Zenyatta had mediocre speed figures and was one of the most highly regarded horses to come around in years...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-06-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #104
Leparoux

Quote:
Not nitpicking. Just questioning how much importance you place on speed figures in determining whether or not a horse is highly regarded.

Your posts seem to indicate you think speed figures play a big role in determining whether or not a horse is highly regarded. Uncle Mo is a perfect example of this not being so.

He had the biggest last out speed figure, and in fact had the biggest speed figure of any other horse in the race...ever...and still went off as the fourth choice.

Zenyatta had mediocre speed figures and was one of the most highly regarded horses to come around in years...
I dunno... My initial post was just addressing the fact that I felt many players tossed the horse because of the speed figures he had earned. I didn't see an "expert" pick this horse all week and given how he had performed, I assumed they tossed him because of the figure/field he ran against. Speed figures certainly play a role... and with a horse that was 2 for 2 and had won by 25 combined lengths, why else was everyone tossing him?

I'm not sure how Uncle Mo got brought into this???
Old 11-06-2011, 03:49 AM   #105
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Uncle Mo was brought in as an example of a horse with high speed figures that wasn't highly regarded. How many "experts" picked him to win? I would venture to guess none.

And as for Hansen, maybe it was more the fact that he had only run on polytrack at Turfway Park and had faced nothing but maidens and minor stakes runners that made some folks a tad unimpressed...