Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #106
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

"About " covers a whole lot of expected variance...CYA...they, therefore are never lying to anyone ABOUT the distances and the times...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #107
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
"About " covers a whole lot of expected variance...CYA...they, therefore are never lying to anyone ABOUT the distances and the times...
Problem is, as I've detailed. it isn't an about distance. It is a lie.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #108
Thomas Roulston

But sometimes the difference between the "about" distance and the exact distance was set in stone. At Suffolk Downs, for example, the "about" distance was always 50 feet more than the exact distance, at every distance.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #109
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
But sometimes the difference between the "about" distance and the exact distance was set in stone. At Suffolk Downs, for example, the "about" distance was always 50 feet more than the exact distance, at every distance.
Not the case at GP, or FG.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #110
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Not the case at GP, or FG.
How many people between here and twitter have you found that cares about this topic? A half dozen? I'll give you a dozen to be generous.

Apparently this isn't bothering the average horseplayer. If you want this data for the product you're selling, then perhaps you should look into partnering with the tracks and putting up some $ to get it. Clearly it costs money on their part to get it, and we know how tracks are all flush with cash.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #111
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
How many people between here and twitter have you found that cares about this topic? A half dozen? I'll give you a dozen to be generous.

Apparently this isn't bothering the average horseplayer. If you want this data for the product you're selling, then perhaps you should look into partnering with the tracks and putting up some $ to get it. Clearly it costs money on their part to get it, and we know how tracks are all flush with cash.
Hundreds, at a minimum. As usual, like your last lengthy post which I picked apart (you never addressed the reply) and the Frankel thread, you are over your head.

We already pay a ton of money to get the data. Asking for races to be timed properly and distances reported accurately shouldn't come at a premium.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:32 PM   #112
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Hundreds, at a minimum. As usual, like your last lengthy post which I picked apart (you never addressed the reply) and the Frankel thread, you are over your head.

We already pay a ton of money to get the data. Asking for races to be timed properly and distances reported accurately shouldn't come at a premium.
No, I just decided it wasn't worth it. You saying you're always correct to the tenth of a second when this article proves that you even came up with two times that were over .30 different from each other, and other experts who likewise came up with times of .30 or more different than you:

https://www.americasbestracing.net/t...d-track-record

Your earlier response as to why they didn't take your time over the time of the other experts was another swipe at GP. You sound very much like a person with an axe to grind, and on this matter and all things GP, like a dog with a bone.

Last edited by Fager Fan; 01-15-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #113
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
No, I just decided it wasn't worth it. You saying you're always correct to the tenth of a second when this article proves that you even came up with two times that were over .30 different from each other, and other experts who likewise came up with times of .30 or more different than you:

https://www.americasbestracing.net/t...d-track-record

As for this issue, as Tom would say, Dog, meet bone.
That article leaves out why I had the time wrong initially. It wasn't the time at all, it was the distance. Gulfstream lies about the distance of the track. It isn't 9f. I subsequently learned it is a little longer than 9f through my own research. The other experts didn't know this either. Nice try though Belinda.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #114
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
That article leaves out why I had the time wrong initially. It wasn't the time at all, it was the distance. Gulfstream lies about the distance of the track. It isn't 9f. I subsequently learned it is a little longer than 9f through my own research. The other experts didn't know this either. Nice try though Belinda.
You mean the 16 feet or whatever the track was improperly built at? That's not a "lie" at all because it's a well-known fact, and not much the track can do about it? And why wouldn't you share whatever you're talking about with your buddies who were all timing if this was the case? Also, if the course is longer for all races at 9f, you don't time this one at a shorter distance but instead the same distance as they all run it at.

Good try, Snoopy.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 PM   #115
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
You mean the 16 feet or whatever the track was improperly built at? That's not a "lie" at all because it's a well-known fact, and not much the track can do about it? And why wouldn't you share whatever you're talking about with your buddies who were all timing if this was the case? Also, if the course is longer for all races at 9f, you don't time this one at a shorter distance but instead the same distance as they all run it at.

Good try, Snoopy.
I did share it once I discovered it. My buddies? Where did that come from? It might be well known now, but it wasn't then, and surely Gulfstream wasn't advertising it. Just like they don't advertise the distance of the turf course which is longer than the 7f they list.

As for the timing, you really are over your head. Gulfstream times the races for 9f, not 9f plus the extra distance. The Pegasus was not timed consistently with the way all the other 9f dirt races run at Gulfstream are timed, including one earlier on the SAME card. If it was this never would have been an issue.

Please, try to know what you are talking about before posting. You're embarrassing both of us at this point.

This is from the Gulfstream Park media guide...more lies.

Attached Images
File Type: png GPMediaGuide.png (19.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by cj; 01-15-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #116
Denny
Veteran

CJ,
Where are the "extra" 16' on the Main Track?

Is there an extra 2 feet between each 1/8th evenly distributed around the entire course?
Or
Is it all between two specific poles?

If I was guessing, it would be between the finish line and the first pole after it.
This way it would impact timing of only two-turn races.

Also, separately, where is the actual finish line for Turf races?

The red tape on the rails can't possibly be an accurate indicator. That's laughable.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #117
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
CJ,
Where are the "extra" 16' on the Main Track?

Is there an extra 2 feet between each 1/8th evenly distributed around the entire course?
Or
Is it all between two specific poles?

If I was guessing, it would be between the finish line and the first pole after it.
This way it would impact timing of only two-turn races.

Also, separately, where is the actual finish line for Turf races?

The red tape on the rails can't possibly be an accurate indicator. That's laughable.
Gulfstream doesn't use the poles as part of the timing so it is impossible to say. Since they use Trakus, the poles are for show only.

The red tape on the poles is all we really have to go by as fans. I'd hope they have it pretty accurate, but the real finish is where the photo finish equipment is set up.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #118
jay68802

Keenland is one track that offers both 7 and "about" 7 f races. Although it is on dirt the differences are quite noticeable.

D AV 4f AV FT

A7 46.20 87.50

7 46.20 83.82

These averages are for all races and I have not had the time to confirm all of the times but they are really close.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #119
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Keenland is one track that offers both 7 and "about" 7 f races. Although it is on dirt the differences are quite noticeable.

D AV 4f AV FT

A7 46.20 87.50

7 46.20 83.82

These averages are for all races and I have not had the time to confirm all of the times but they are really close.
Keeneland also gives you the exact distance of the about course. It is 184 feet or so, forget the exact number but it is available. I have it programmed in.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #120
jay68802

Quote:
Keeneland also gives you the exact distance of the about course. It is 184 feet or so, forget the exact number but it is available. I have it programmed in.
I'm not yet to that point where i need that info, but that sounds about right. I had all of this info on 4 bus drives, but when my son went to college he thought he needed those drives for music storage. Bye bye 5 yrs of info on 15 tracks At least he copied all my AC/DC and took it with him.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply