Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-29-2017, 04:41 PM   #31
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I don't bet much college football at all. But, I like Georgia -2 vs. Oklahoma. I'll take the SEC over the Big 12 any day minus 2. Heisman, Smeisman, I gotta see them win one of these to believe it.
Unfortunately my one and only bowl bet was an sec team over a big 12 team... The big 12 team won

This season I think the sec was a bit over rated. I just now saw the Texas Mizzou game (was on vacation on south padre), Texas was the more physical team. In all honesty most b12 teams were more physical than Missouri was vs us... The sec has a rep for being a physical conference and for the most part it is, but this year they're not as dominant imho
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #32
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Cotton Bowl tonight - been looking forward to this one.
Got my pizza, wings, and beer waiting!
Too bad it's at jerryworld, the weather here is perfect for football. Mid 30s and a little bite in the air. Should be fun to watch.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:29 PM   #33
Marshall Bennett

I'm not betting on any of these bowl games, just having some fun.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #34
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
I'm not betting on any of these bowl games, just having some fun.
Great strategy betting wise. These teams have been idle for about thirty days, a lot of teams either don't get up for games or they're rusty.

Other than the semis and finals, these games don't mean much. When some seniors decide to sit instead of play, it tells you a lot about the insignificance of it.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:03 AM   #35
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

Other than the semis and finals, these games don't mean much. When some seniors decide to sit instead of play, it tells you a lot about the insignificance of it.
I'm not sure what is worse, some hot shot who bails on his teammates before bowl day or the coach who leaves for greener pastures before his team's bowl game.

One glorious exception was the Arizona Bowl today. New Mexico State and Utah State played like it was 1960 again. (New Mexico State last played in a bowl in 1960 - the opponent was Utah State.) When New Mexico State won in overtime I thought their fans storming the field might try yanking down a goal post!

One must be of a certain age to remember such a thing!

Old 12-30-2017, 09:44 AM   #36
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
I'm not sure what is worse, some hot shot who bails on his teammates before bowl day or the coach who leaves for greener pastures before his team's bowl game.

One glorious exception was the Arizona Bowl today. New Mexico State and Utah State played like it was 1960 again. (New Mexico State last played in a bowl in 1960 - the opponent was Utah State.) When New Mexico State won in overtime I thought their fans storming the field might try yanking down a goal post!

THIS.

Those who bail out show their total lack of team commitment. Typical NFL over-paid jerks. All about them....

Agree about the Arizona Bowl - great game.
And about that "certain age".....Shhhhhhhh!
Old 12-30-2017, 12:06 PM   #37
Marshall Bennett

9-6

Miss. St. +7

Iowa St. +3.5

Penn St. -3

Wisconsin -6
Old 12-30-2017, 04:16 PM   #38
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Cotton Bowl tonight - been looking forward to this one.
Got my pizza, wings, and beer waiting!
Turned into a snoozer

Thank God The JT Barrett era is over.

Can you imagine his stats if could throw accurately past 25 yards?

Here’s his freshmen picture

He will be selling cars in Columbus in five years

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3769DAAB-4BC0-49B6-9F0D-BD8151DD749C.jpeg (229.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by JustRalph; 12-30-2017 at 04:17 PM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 10:05 PM   #39
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Mark Richt

There has been some missed calls against Miami tonight but he just went nuts right before half. Kind of funny but he shouldn't have grabbed the official. I thought that was an automatic ejection.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 11:23 PM   #40
ElKabong

The big ten is proving what I believed thru mid season. It's easily the best conference top to bottom. I may be mistaken but they're undefeated at the moment, and wiscy is up by ten vs Miami late in the game

State Penn, Ohio state, mich state, Purdue, Iowa, northwestern have all won their bowl games. No losses that I'm aware of

Surprisingly the big 12 has done well, four wins of six bowl games.

The SEC has taken it on the chin, lost their first three bowl games before miss state beat Louisville. Lot of games left for them the next two days, but obviously the sec has had a down year (for them), the depth just isn't there. Interestingly, the first four sec bowl teams played were spread offenses, all have shown to be less physical than their bowl opponent(s). It wouldn't surprise me to see UGA vs Alabama in the final, but the gap between the big ten and the sec this year is pretty big in terms of quality of depth.

I'm picking Clemson to win it all. Now that I've jinxed them, I'll just watch and enjoy

Last edited by ElKabong; 12-30-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:36 AM   #41
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post

I'll vote for the coach.These kids sign up to play for a coach and they are left hanging and have to sit out a year if the coach leaves and the players want to follow him or go elsewhere.

And a big to New Mexico State for their bowl victory after 57 years without a bowl game, not to mention ending 15 straight losing seasons.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 10:20 AM   #42
Marshall Bennett

13-6

Michigan -8
Auburn -11
Notre Dame +3
Oklahoma +3
Alabama -3
Old 01-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #43
elysiantraveller

Harbaugh needs to go.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #44
ElKabong

I'm in total shock as to how the sec champs coach is being totally out coached by Lincoln Riley here. Kirby Smart is supposedly a defensive genius, ou puts up 31 before the half. UGA defense looks lost, and sometimes being man handled now and then by ball carriers.

georgia is still in it, but their defense looks lost. Very shocked at this. DBs out of position, LBs taking bad angles. They honestly look dumbfounded. Thirty days to prepare and they look like they thought ou would throw deep every play, the front six / seven / eight are playing ou's running game inside out. Easy pickings so far

Last edited by ElKabong; 01-01-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #45
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I'm in total shock as to how the sec champs coach is being totally out coached by Lincoln Riley here. Kirby Smart is supposedly a defensive genius, ou puts up 31 before the half. UGA defense looks lost, and sometimes being man handled now and then by ball carriers.

georgia is still in it, but their defense looks lost. Very shocked at this. DBs out of position, LBs taking bad angles. They honestly look dumbfounded. Thirty days to prepare and they look like they thought ou would throw deep every play, the front six / seven / eight are playing ou's running game inside out. Easy pickings so far
Against most other teams I think the Dogs would be playing better. These Sooners seem to be so fast and mixed with Mayfield's ability to read coverages I am afraid this game may be over.

Either way, Roll Tide!!!!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply